• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can Not Respect A God who Allows Children to Suffer

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Well with all due respect (sincerely), I don't follow your train of thought. It is unsystematic to me, and I can't do anything but dismiss it as poor logic. It's not personal, I don't mean to offend you, I simply disagree wholeheartedly.

No offense taken. :) Because i know i sound crazy to most. A lot about faith is illogical. Which is exactly why its called faith. :)

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Unmedicated schizophrenics do not have a choice. That is simply a false statement.

As i said the first time you brought this up. God looks at the heart. One bad act will not send one to hell. I dont know the schizo's heart. I dont know the thief's heart, or the adulteror's heart, the liar's heart, the homosexual's heart, the cheater's heart, the blasphemer's heart. I only know my own. And even i dont know it to the extent God does. God will judge us according to what we have control of. He is just.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
If we really have a choice, and are not inclined to sin, why is it that every single one of us chooses to sin?

Because sin appeals to the flesh. Its what happened when sin entered into the world. When a child disobeys, is it necessarily because they want to rebel? No. It usually starts out of curiosity and how it appeals to the senses.

Smoke

Done here.
Because sin appeals to the flesh. Its what happened when sin entered into the world. When a child disobeys, is it necessarily because they want to rebel? No. It usually starts out of curiosity and how it appeals to the senses.

But why are we curious?
Why does sin appeal to the flesh?

What it all comes down to is that we sin because that's the way God made us.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
But why are we curious?

We sin because we have the choice to. Thing is, if we sin because God created us to sin, there is no such thing as sin. Because we would simply be doing what we were created to do. and i disagree with that.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
But why are we curious?

Also, thing is, curiosity isnt a sin. Our senses help us to comprehend the things around us. God made food to smell yummy, to appeal to our tummys. He made music to sound so beautiful to appeal to our ears. The touch of a loved one, to arouse different emotions within us. It is us who pervert those things God have made to be good, because we misuse it.

God created sex. Sex is a beautiful expression of love that is to be shared with man and wife. And He created it to feel wonderful. One of the best feelings in the WORLD. We HEAR how good it feels before we're married. We hear other's peoples stories about and see how they react even when thinking about it. And we get curious. Nothing wrong with curiosity. But we sometimes choose to explore and experience before we're really ready to do such.

Smoke

Done here.
Also, thing is, curiosity isnt a sin. Our senses help us to comprehend the things around us. God made food to smell yummy, to appeal to our tummys. He made music to sound so beautiful to appeal to our ears. The touch of a loved one, to arouse different emotions within us. It is us who pervert those things God have made to be good, because we misuse it.

God created sex. Sex is a beautiful expression of love that is to be shared with man and wife. And He created it to feel wonderful. One of the best feelings in the WORLD. We HEAR how good it feels before we're married. We hear other's peoples stories about and see how they react even when thinking about it. And we get curious. Nothing wrong with curiosity. But we sometimes choose to explore and experience before we're really ready to do such.

That doesn't sound like much of a sin to me.

Sin. What a great way to keep people under control through guilt. Just single out things that humans naturally, unavoidably do, tell them it is 'wrong', and guilt is assured!

I could make a case for each of the 7 'deadly' sins being a boon to the human experience.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Yes. I do. And i sin, because i want to. Not because i cant help myself. When i lie, it has nothing to do with me not being able to control it. Or when i cuss. Its because i allowed myself to get angry to the point of flying off the handle.

Right, so assuming that "cussing" is a sin, you do it because you get angry, not because you have the choice to.