• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can Not Respect A God who Allows Children to Suffer

MSizer

MSizer
Thing is, none are good but the Father. Least not in the true sense of the word. Now there are good people when it comes to our standards of good. Many. But i can say you are going to hell because you dont believe in God. Whereas i can teach what the word of God says, i have no authority on whos going to heaven and whos not. Thats why God judges the heart. Because we as humans only tend to see the outside.

Yes, I've heard that many times. It makes no sense to me at all.

Smoke

Done here.
We're going in circles. We convince ourselves because we try and justify our wrongs. The reason as to way is individually based.
Okay. But you're refusing to get down to the heart of the matter. All the details about knowing and viewing, and convincing ourselves, and all that, that's just detail. At the core of the problem is that we are inclined to choose to sin. Why did God make us that way? And if God didn't make us that way, why did he make the world in such a way that we would get to be that way?

The subject on accepting Christ not being scriptural is a WHOLE nother topic. LOL But its very much scriptural.
It's not at all scriptural, but I agree, we can argue about that another time.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Okay. But you're refusing to get down to the heart of the matter. All the details about knowing and viewing, and convincing ourselves, and all that, that's just detail. At the core of the problem is that we are inclined to choose to sin. Why did God make us that way? And if God didn't make us that way, why did he make the world in such a way that we would get to be that way?

It's not at all scriptural, but I agree, we can argue about that another time.

I did. Its a combinations of matter. Has nothing to do with how God made us. LOL

And you've given me a bible study subject. haha Gave me homework. First thing comes to mind, the woman at the well.

Smoke

Done here.
I did. Its a combinations of matter. Has nothing to do with how God made us.
It may be combinations of things, but all those combinations of things go back to our human nature, and it seems nobody can answer the question of why God made human nature as he did, yet blames us for it.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
It may be combinations of things, but all those combinations of things go back to our human nature, and it seems nobody can answer the question of why God made human nature as he did, yet blames us for it.

God made Adam and Ever perfect beings with the right to choose. Sin entered into the world and He's allowing it to run its course. Again. Our choices all come down to us. Not God.

MSizer

MSizer
God made Adam and Ever perfect beings with the right to choose. Sin entered into the world and He's allowing it to run its course. Again. Our choices all come down to us. Not God.

That's like saying "I only built the bomb, I didn't destroy the living creatures nearby, the explosion did, so don't blame me."

Smoke

Done here.
God made Adam and Ever perfect beings with the right to choose.
They couldn't have been perfect beings if they chose wrong the first chance they got.

Sin entered into the world and He's allowing it to run its course. Again. Our choices all come down to us. Not God.
So God had nothing to do with creating us? He didn't make us as we are, and he didn't make Adam and Eve as they were, either?

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
They couldn't have been perfect beings if they chose wrong the first chance they got.

So God had nothing to do with creating us? He didn't make us as we are, and he didn't make Adam and Eve as they were, either?

Ehhhh......id be saying the exact same thing i have been for the last 30 minutes. Time to agree to disagree. Going in circles is fruitless.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
You guys are pretty cool atheists though. LOL

Smoke, i'll be posting up a topic about the accepting Christ here soon.So be looking out man.

Just_me_Mike

I was hinting at it, but here it is in more detail. Only humans were made in the image of god. As such he doesn't blame us but rather setup a scenario with which he can be our saviour. Which required us to sin and need a saviour. Why would he do this? Love I guess :shrug:

Smoke

Done here.
Ehhhh......id be saying the exact same thing i have been for the last 30 minutes. Time to agree to disagree. Going in circles is fruitless.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying you've failed to explain your position. Itwillend has explained his position, and I disagree with him. (Except he hasn't explained why Jesus needed to come, but that's kind of moving on to another topic anyway.) But you aren't saying anything of substance.

I keep asking how humans can be the way we are without God having anything to do with the way we are, and you keep saying, in essence, Just because. That doesn't rise to the level of something I can agree with or disagree with.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
I was hinting at it, but here it is in more detail. Only humans were made in the image of god. As such he doesn't blame us but rather setup a scenario with which he can be our saviour. Which required us to sin and need a saviour. Why would he do this? Love I guess :shrug:

More like He KNEW we would sin, so it was necessary to have a savior. But He didnt create to be sinners so He could die. He knew creating us with the power of choice, we would choose wrong many times. But it was love that kept Him from making us robots. Had he dne so, we would serve Him because thats all we knew. Not because we loved Him. Doesnt make sense that He would create us to sin JUST so He could die.

Smoke

Done here.

Yeah, I knew a guy like that. He set his ex-boyfriend's house on fire so he could run in and save him. Love, I guess. People like that are kind of scary.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying you've failed to explain your position. Itwillend has explained his position, and I disagree with him. (Except he hasn't explained why Jesus needed to come, but that's kind of moving on to another topic anyway.) But you aren't saying anything of substance.

I keep asking how humans can be the way we are without God having anything to do with the way we are, and you keep saying, in essence, Just because. That doesn't rise to the level of something I can agree with or disagree with.

Check out my comment to itwillend. Maybe that'll shed more light on my stance.

Beta

So we choose evil because Satan is more persuasive than God?
Do you think God could ever learn to be as persuasive as Satan?
Not everything we do wrong is down to satan instant influence. If only you would take the time to read posts with more patience and meditation we would not be bombarded with erronious questions.
How many more times do we have to tell you that generally speaking man does not choose to sin (some do) but does not always see/recognize sin or evil because it is hidden and /or presented as attractive. Satan is not that open and above board and naturally man is at a disadvantage because we are weak in flesh and spirit. We thus give way to our own desires too.
God does not have to persuade man or plead with us to be good - that would infringe on our free will which God allows for better or worse. He gave man 6000 years to do our own thing (if we so wish). He stands by with help and advice for those who seek him, for the rest we bear our own responsibility.