• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can Not Respect A God who Allows Children to Suffer

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior is not belief. The belief would have to come first, which is something neither of us can control. I literally don't have the ability to accept Jesus as my savior, because I believe he was a usual human being who died many years ago, and he therefore no longer exists. I can't change my opinion of that.

Thought the same thing. But i was able to change my opinion on that. And YES. Its very much so a belief. I believe Him to be the Savior. And not a mere human being. My belief in His divine and human nature.....is most assuredly, a belief.

MSizer

MSizer
Thought the same thing. But i was able to change my opinion on that. And YES. Its very much so a belief. I believe Him to be the Savior. And not a mere human being. My belief in His divine and human nature.....is most assuredly, a belief.

No, you are flat out wrong, and science of mind proves it. Conviction is an unconcious capacity. I don't look at something and decide, "well, it's furry, has four legs, and bit the mailman, so it's a dog". I can't help but believe it's a dog because I've been introduced to many dogs in the past and I know what they look and sound like. No matter how hard I try, I can't choose to believe it's a polar bear, and I can't choose to believe that jesus is a saviour. You are simply wrong on this matter.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
So do you believe that all has an equal chance or equal choice to become saved ?

Yes. I believe all have heard the news, and have a chance to accept Jesus Christ as Lord, before they die. That is, if they have reached the age of accountability. Now i know there are certain disorders or mental disabilities that would cause one to not being able to make that conscience decision on there own. And if by chance, there are those who have never heard the gospel (which i do believe again, all have the chance but i could be wrong on that aspect.), God is merciful and just. As ive said several times, God judges the heart. I can sit here and tell you what the Word says about sin and hell. But i have no heaven or hell to place anyone in. I cant tell you who will and will not make it to the kingdom, because I dont know everyone's heart. The only one i can judge is my own.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
No, you are flat out wrong, and science of mind proves it. Conviction is an unconcious capacity. I don't look at something and decide, "well, it's furry, has four legs, and bit the mailman, so it's a dog". I can't help but believe it's a dog because I've been introduced to many dogs in the past and I know what they look and sound like. No matter how hard I try, I can't choose to believe it's a polar bear, and I can't choose to believe that jesus is a saviour. You are simply wrong on this matter.
So, when you come to a fork in the road, you take it?

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter

You BELIEVE im flat our wrong. LOL

Again, I believe Jesus to be the Son of God. And my stance IS NOT changing on that. Think what you will.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Which is exactly what i mean. You all dont VIEW many of the things God says that are sinful, as sin. So of course you wouldnt think that. Which is what i meant by viewing. :)
God told my people something very different. It has nothing to do with what you were told is a sin.

And all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
Creator doesn't punish a newborn for a mistake they never made. Even if Adam were real, he was a naive innocent who could not have understood the consequences of his actions... nor should I have to pay for his mistake. God is not a bully or a tyrant... at least not in my religion.

Your choice is not to believe. Mine's is.
I believe, I just don't believe in your book.

wa:do

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
God told my people something very different. It has nothing to do with what you were told is a sin.

Creator doesn't punish a newborn for a mistake they never made. Even if Adam were real, he was a naive innocent who could not have understood the consequences of his actions... nor should I have to pay for his mistake. God is not a bully or a tyrant... at least not in my religion.

I believe, I just don't believe in your book.

wa:do

When i said youve chosen to not believe, I was refering to what God calls sin. And its right there in His Word. And i never said God punishes a newborn. Ive explained a lot of that in previous posts. LOL

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
I know you do.

I know you do, but that has nothing to do with the argument. As I said, you try to convince yourself that your name is Darren Jones, and if you succeed, go straight to the nearest mental hospital.

My belief in who Jesus Christ is, is most certainly a belief. Its not scientfic factual knowledge. You believe God doesnt exist. I believe He does. Until you prove me wrong, its EXACTLY a belief. LOL

MSizer

MSizer
My belief in who Jesus Christ is, is most certainly a belief. Its not scientfic factual knowledge. You believe God doesnt exist. I believe He does. Until you prove me wrong, its EXACTLY a belief. LOL

Of course it is! My point is that you don't choose it. You do choose to "accept him as your saviour" but you have to believe he exists first as a saviour, and you don't choose that.

LyricalDutchess

Chi-Alpha Daughter
Of course it is! My point is that you don't choose it. You do choose to "accept him as your saviour" but you have to believe he exists first as a saviour, and you don't choose that.

Then what is it? I could have chosen to reject Him, and believe He didnt exist. If my belief in God isnt a belief, tell me, what exactly is it?