• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can Not Respect A God who Allows Children to Suffer

Danmac

Oh, I see.

human_suffering_14.jpg

So the child wanted to "go it alone", is that it?

No the child lives in a Godless culture that has for many years been plagued because of God's absence. Poverty and suffering is the result of the absence of God. It is not by God's choice, but by ours that he is absent.
holocaust00.jpg

The Jews murdered in the Holocaust wanted to "go it alone"?
The Jews rejected their Christ. He cannot protect them if they refuse to call out to Him.
9-11-jumper.jpg

On 9/11 do you think that they wanted to "go it alone"?
The United Sates no longer want's God's protection against evil. We are busy removing everything about God from our culture as we speak.
starving_children.jpg

It's time to face facts, Danmac.

ssvoh_suffering_web_babyInDirt.jpg

Your god, if he exists, is either impotent or just doesn't ******* care.

What kind of loving father watches his children dying and refuses to intervene?

You don't want him to intervene. You won't even acknowledge Him. How in the world do you expect him to protect a people that shun His very existence?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No the child lives in a Godless culture that has for many years been plagued because of God's absence. Poverty and suffering is the result of the absence of God. It is not by God's choice, but by ours that he is absent.
Wow.
to think that us mere mortal have forced god to be absent.
So much for his being all powerful.

The Jews rejected their Christ. He cannot protect them if they refuse to call out to Him.
Once again yo put limits on gods power.
Interesting.

You must agree with me that god is not all powerful.

You don't want him to intervene. You won't even acknowledge Him. How in the world do you expect him to protect a people that shun His very existence?
Yes, tell everyone what they think and believe.
Makes your strawmen so much easier to attack.

Danmac

Wow.
He won't crash a party where he isn't invited. That's being a gentleman.

Interesting.
No, He puts limits on His power. It's called meekness

He doesn't force himself into situations where he isn't wanted.

Yes, tell everyone what they think and believe.
Makes your strawmen so much easier to attack.

Yes, many of you are a bit transparent

Peacewise

Wow.

Interesting.

God limits himself by not affecting our free will. If people don't want him he lets them be and face the consequences.
There are limits on Gods power, and all of them are about God limiting himself, not us limiting him.
Your arguments logic is flawed and hence i don't agree with the argument.

Beta

This 'free will' God has allowed man is now shortly coming to an end. God gave us 6 days (or 6000 years) in which to do our own thing , make our own choice. It has been that long now since Adam and Eve.
Ex.20v9,10 explains God's next step when He takes over rule from man. The 7th day is God's Sabbath , His own holy time which man has seen fit to trample underfoot. Christ will correct this when he returns - that is what scripture tells us.:yes:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
God limits himself by not affecting our free will. If people don't want him he lets them be and face the consequences.
There are limits on Gods power, and all of them are about God limiting himself, not us limiting him.
Your premise is flawed.

But to each their own.

Amill

Apikoros
In my opinion if there's a god I don't think he should help anybody. Picking and choosing when to intervene isn't really fair, he should help everybody or nobody. But if he helped everybody this life wouldn't be that interesting, the suffering and bad parts of life are the reasons we appreciate the good things. It's similar to the feeling we get when the sensation of pain is removed.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What argument are you referring to?

That god is not "all" anything?
Or perhaps that Danmac keeps limiting his powers?

I choose to believe that God did not repeatedly set man up to fail.

As for Danmac's constant limiting of gods powers, that is what is has stated.
"God cannot do this" and "god cannot do that".
Now if danmac in fact meant to say that god chooses to not do this and that, then perhaps danmac should say that instead of his saying god cannot do this or that.

Last edited by a moderator:

logician

In my opinion if there's a god I don't think he should help anybody. Picking and choosing when to intervene isn't really fair, he should help everybody or nobody. But if he helped everybody this life wouldn't be that interesting, the suffering and bad parts of life are the reasons we appreciate the good things. It's similar to the feeling we get when the sensation of pain is removed.

That's assuming that one suffers a little, and mostly has good things happen, which really isn't the case for most people.:sleep:

Danmac

What argument are you referring to?

That god is not "all" anything?
Or perhaps that Danmac keeps limiting his powers?

I choose to believe that God did not repeatedly set man up to fail.

As for Danmac's constant limiting of gods powers, that is what is has stated.
"God cannot do this" and "god cannot do that".
Now if danmac in fact meant to say that god chooses to not do this and that, then perhaps danmac should say that instead of his saying god cannot do this or that.

The fact that God tells His people to pray suggests that asking or inviting God into a crisis is a stipulation to His intervention.

SBrent

But can you respect a God who simply allows for all possibilities….allowing you to be whatever you want to be….good or bad…..isn’t that allowing the ultimate freedom…..it is we who allow and perpetuate the suffering of children and we have the choice not to…

logician

But can you respect a God who simply allows for all possibilities….allowing you to be whatever you want to be….good or bad…..isn’t that allowing the ultimate freedom…..it is we who allow and perpetuate the suffering of children and we have the choice not to…

Much suffering is not the "fault" of people, but rather random circumstances, or natural disasters.