• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i could use a little advice...

A

angellous_evangellous

i live in a relatively rural suburbia of atlanta and it's not too uncommon to see "john 3:16" signs and "jesus is lord" signs off to the side of the road. often times they give me something to giggle about, and sometimes it just gives me something to be upset about besides atlanta traffic (which is rather frustrating).

leaving my neighborhood today i noticed that a brand new sign has appeared that says "Jesus is coming" in white on a blue 5x8 board and i feel that it's a little close to home (puns always intended). my knee jerk is to correct the problem under cloak of night in a drunken rampage, but that would probably result in another sign being put up and probably encouragment to the poster. so i figured i'd ask for advice from those of you i trust the most, my near-anonymous internet forum buddies. :D

what would you do in this situation, if anything at all?

Contact your local atheist society and tell them your problem.

Ask them if they would be interested in leasing a billboard or two and use it to make fun of the Christian signs.

You can suggest a "God quote sign" --- "Christianity sucks - God"

"The only people in hell are Christians"

"Go F yourself"

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
i live in a relatively rural suburbia of atlanta and it's not too uncommon to see "john 3:16" signs and "jesus is lord" signs off to the side of the road. often times they give me something to giggle about, and sometimes it just gives me something to be upset about besides atlanta traffic (which is rather frustrating).

leaving my neighborhood today i noticed that a brand new sign has appeared that says "Jesus is coming" in white on a blue 5x8 board and i feel that it's a little close to home (puns always intended). my knee jerk is to correct the problem under cloak of night in a drunken rampage, but that would probably result in another sign being put up and probably encouragment to the poster. so i figured i'd ask for advice from those of you i trust the most, my near-anonymous internet forum buddies. :D

what would you do in this situation, if anything at all?
Raise some funds and buy a sign right behind it that says "No he's not".

A

angellous_evangellous

"Just doing my part to **** off the religious right" - God

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I got the same feeling back in Fall when all the candidates had their big boards telling me to vote for them. I was just so confused about who I should vote for. I found out that I could actually ignore these boards! Isn't that something??? (I am sorry, I couldn't resist it).