• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I . . . CREATE EVIL" But why?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We are material beings. When our bodies give out we die. There is no evidence that we have some kind of indestructable soul that will live forever. The concept of having a spirit/soul was born from wishful thinking IMO.

Absolutely there is No evidence so some kind of indestructible soul.

In Scripture the soul that sins dies. Ezekiel 18vs4,20; Acts 3v23

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Used in the same context. If God did not create evil, then he most certainly did not create good either.

strikeviperMKII

How do you know that death is not both physical and mental at the same time?

Don't thoughts [mental] perish at death according to Psalm 146v4?___________

[Ecc9v5; Psalm 6v5; 13v3; 115v17]

The way you are thinking of it, death is still a physical thing. The mind is part the physical body. When the physical body dies, so does the mind.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Used in the same context. If God did not create evil, then he most certainly did not create good either.

Isaiah [45v7] KJV does say God created evil.

But for what purpose or use did God create evil?
Proverbs [13v2] says the soul of those dealing treacherously is violence.
They will reap what they sow. They sow evil in the form of violence and will eat evil in the form of violent calamity because as Psalm [11v5] says the one that loves violence God's soul hates.

Proverbs [21v18] says the wicked will be a ransom for the righteous one, and those dealing treacherously takes the place of the upright ones

Evil does Not dwell with God. [Psalm 5v4] But rather God uses evil in the form of calamity against the wicked as described at Isaiah 11v4 and Rev 19v15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The way you are thinking of it, death is still a physical thing. The mind is part the physical body. When the physical body dies, so does the mind.

Didn't Jesus also think when the physical body dies so does the mind [mental] because Jesus likened death to a deep sleep? -John 11vs11-14.
In a deep sleep the mind does not remember.
[Psalm 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; 146v4; Ecc 9v5]

When Adam died, all of Adam died. From dust, Adam returned to dust.
Adam was sinner and sinners die according to Ezekiel 18vs4,20; Acts 3v32.

As Adam was non-existent before creation, Adam became non-existent after death. The difference being we have the hope of the resurrection.
-Acts 24v15.

strikeviperMKII

Didn't Jesus also think when the physical body dies so does the mind [mental] because Jesus likened death to a deep sleep? -John 11vs11-14.
In a deep sleep the mind does not remember.
[Psalm 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; 146v4; Ecc 9v5]

When Adam died, all of Adam died. From dust, Adam returned to dust.
Adam was sinner and sinners die according to Ezekiel 18vs4,20; Acts 3v32.

As Adam was non-existent before creation, Adam became non-existent after death. The difference being we have the hope of the resurrection.
-Acts 24v15.

Yes and...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes and...

While Jesus was on earth he was showing on a small scale what he would be doing on a LARGE or GRAND scale during his peaceful 1000-year reign over earth.
The resurrections Jesus performed brought people back to life right here on earth.

It was not until after Jesus was resurrected that the way to heaven was opened up. No one that died before Jesus died was offered to rule in heaven with him. [Acts 2v34]. So for the majority of mankind Jesus offered, not immortality in the heavens, but everlasting life right here on a paradisaic earth starting at the beginning of Jesus millennial reign over earth when Jesus fulfills the promise to Abraham that all families of the earth will be blessed,
and all nations of the earth will be blessed.
Blessed with obtaining everlasting life on earth.
Gen 12v3; 22vs17,18; Rev22v2.

The Bible is holding out two resurrection hopes. One for the holy ones or saints to rule with Jesus [Rev 5vs9,10;20v6], and another resurrection to take place right here on earth for the majority of mankind to avail themselves of Jesus ransom sacrifice if they wish in order to gain the same human perfection of sound mind and body as Adam originally had at his creation.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Isaiah [45v7] KJV does say God created evil.

But for what purpose or use did God create evil?
Proverbs [13v2] says the soul of those dealing treacherously is violence.
They will reap what they sow. They sow evil in the form of violence and will eat evil in the form of violent calamity because as Psalm [11v5] says the one that loves violence God's soul hates.

Proverbs [21v18] says the wicked will be a ransom for the righteous one, and those dealing treacherously takes the place of the upright ones

Evil does Not dwell with God. [Psalm 5v4] But rather God uses evil in the form of calamity against the wicked as described at Isaiah 11v4 and Rev 19v15.

Shouldnt calamity and evil be generic terms then? Wouldn't you think they would have used evil instead of calamity in the OT (KJV) like that found in the book of Proverbs 1:26 which in that verse it states calamity instead of evil? I simply don't see in this light on how the terms are then suddenly able to be interchangeable with each other.

In the very same book you are referencing here in your post, notice that calamity is also written in it's passages alongside with the term evil clear as a bell, whereas the word evil is found in the Isaiah verse (45:7) instead of calamity. It seems to me that the two words were already predefined in context well beforehand, and does not therefore require any interchanging. Meaning evil stay written as evil.

Just a decision to change it thereafter in spite of this observation puzzles me in light that both terms were used in their own context, of which raises the question as to why evil was then originally used in Isaiah instead of using the predefined word calamity as found in other passages.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Shouldnt calamity and evil be generic terms then? Wouldn't you think they would have used evil instead of calamity in the OT (KJV) like that found in the book of Proverbs 1:26 which in that verse it states calamity instead of evil? I simply don't see in this light on how the terms are then suddenly able to be interchangeable with each other.
In the very same book you are referencing here in your post, notice that calamity is also written in it's passages alongside with the term evil clear as a bell, whereas the word evil is found in the Malachi verse instead of calamity. It seems to me that the two words were already predefined in context well beforehand, and does not therefore require any interchanging. Meaning evil stay written as evil.
Just a decision to change it thereafter in spite of this observation puzzles me in light that both terms were used in their own context, of which raises the question as to why evil was then originally used in Malachi instead of using the predefined word calamity as found in other passages.

How about the word 'disaster' ?
Is the same Hebrew word used at Proverbs 1v26 as Isaiah 45v7?

Which verse in Malachi did you have in mind?
Micah 2v3 JKV uses evil in the from of a time of calamity....

Language evolves and some wording of the KJV is not as clear as it would be in more modern terms. I don't know if the same Hebrew word is used at each passage mentioned. Setting and context is also considered.

One version might say do not be conformed after the world, and another might say do not be fashioned after the world yet the meaning does come through.

smokydot

God is: able and willing.
'Willing' is shown by the first prophecy of Genesis 3v15.
Jesus proves to be the 'seed' that will deal Satan [serpent] the fatal death bruise to his head or to be destroyed as Hebrews 2v14 B says.
The 'able' part is dealing with God's purpose for the earth to be inhabited
[Isaiah 45v18] If A&E were destroyed before having children we simply would not be here, and God's purpose for the earth would have been thwarted.
If you were working in your garden and were interrupted would you abandon your garden, or go back to the garden after the interruption was gone?
Satan along with A&E were the interruption. They started an issue of who is the best one to rule earth? God or man? Since all are created as free moral agents all can choose who they want to listen to or obey.
By Adam disobeying God he was taking the law into his own hands and set up people rule as best over God rule.
Time was needed to settle the issue.
Job [2v4] shows Satan even involves all of us in the issue.
Touch our flesh [health] and we would not serve God.
Mankind seems to have gotten down the part in Genesis about multiplying and filling or populating the earth, but not all choose to side with Jesus teachings that God's way of love is the best way of ruling.
-John 13 vs34,35.
Earth's violence for one thing is causing God's hand to take the necessary action to bring about global peace and security. Jesus as God's 'Commander in chief', so to speak, will bring an end to the wicked on earth [Psalm 92v7; Isaiah 11v4; Rev 19v15] and Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.
Because world conditions are what they are, combined with the proclaiming of the good news of God's kingdom [Matt 24v14], is showing it is soon time for Jesus to involve himself that way into mankind's affairs.
What is first ahead of us is that the political world will turn on the religious world. God allows this because the religious world has run afoul playing false to God and his Word. With backing the United Nations can be strengthened to be the 'force' that God will use to rid the earth of troublesome religions including counterfeit Christianity or Christendom.
[Rev 17vs2,17;18vs7,8]
So God is able and willing and will carry out his will to rid the earth of all that want to bring ruin to earth [Rev 11v18 b], so that God's purpose for the earth will be carried out that the earth becomes a beautiful paradisaic garden home for all the humble meek that will inherit the earth as Jesus promised.
[Psalm 37 vs11,29,38]
The NT tells us only that it will be "new heavens and a new earth."
We have no warrant for saying it will be a garden again.

smokydot

The underlying assumption being that God didn't want Adam to disobey.
True, in one sense. I think God expected Adam to disobey, in the same way you expect a dog not to sit the first time you ask it to. With no prior experience, Adam didn't know what it meant to disobey, other than it was disobeying a rule.
This is just rhetorical nonsense, pulled from a 2000 year old book. You say the words, and they sound really good. But if they sound really nice, then that's all they are. Words on a page that make you feel good.
We don't have to wait for the second coming to be 'saved'. You can do it yourself, right now. You don't even have to wait for a physical death.
Obviously, you don't believe as did Jesus, that Scripture is the Word of God.
It was just centuries old scrolls for him.

smokydot

Can a being, entity, agent, or whatever we want to call ourselves--however we want to refer to this creature 'man'--can we be said to truly be 'free' if we don't have the option to choose 'evil'?
There are many who believe we have no freewill to begin with, that all our thoughts and actions are merely the products of a cause-and-effect universe running smoothely along with an imminent precision more perfect than anything man himself could devise.
But for now let's assume, at least for the purposes of this particular question, that we do have limited freewill.
We may not have the material freedom to perform any and all manner of physical actions. For example, no matter how hard I try I will never be able to willfully transport myself to Saturn for a close-up view of its pretty rings. But for the purposes of this debate, let's assume I am capable of willfully choosing between right and wrong, cruelty and charity, love and indifference, good and 'evil'.
Oh, and we must also assume that God exists. (I know, I'm asking everyone to assume a lot.)
Why did God create evil? Because He wanted to give us the option to defy him. If I go into a Baskin Robbins and they only have 30 Flavors available for me to choose from, then I'm jumpin' somebody's ascot, 'cause there's supposed to 31 freakin' flavors as an option there, right?
God had to create evil, the 31st flavor, so he wouldn't have people jumpin' his ascot.
Of course, I could have made this whole thing up, Skwim. Bwuhahaha . . . and maybe God and freewill aren't even real.
Jesus said that he who sins is a slave to sin. Slaves aren't free.

We don't have free will in the sense that we don't have the power to execute any moral choice we may choose. . .as in a choice to be sinless.
But we are still free agents within the limits of our disposition.

God created evil to show forth the glory of his justice.

smokydot

How could Adam not know what it meant to disobey when he was plainly told you eat, you die?
'Saved' does not mean once saved always saved.
If you are truly saved, and not just professing a faith you really don't possess, then you are one of those given to Jesus by the Father,
who cannot be plucked out of his hand.
Genuine Christians are in a 'saved' condition or state, but the Christian that endures [faithful] to the end is the one that in the end is: saved. -Matt 24v13.
That's because only those who are truly saved, and are not just professing a faith they don't really possess, will endure to the end.
It's not the enduring that saves you, it's the faith that enables you to endure that saves you.
Endure to the end would mean: either endure faithful to the end of your life or endure faithful until Jesus takes the action of Matthew 25vs31,32.
The 'sheep' living at that time can be physically 'saved alive' right into the start of Jesus 1000-year reign over earth will the prospect of having everlasting life in view right here on a paradisaic earth. In other words, they have the hope of never having to die but to keep on living forever.
The NT tells us that those who are alive when Jesus returns will not experience death.

smokydot

How are you going to live forever? Do you know anyone of perfect health?
As a child did you ever step on a bug?
Didn't you notice that the dead bug no longer lived?
So, if a child can observe what death is, why couldn't Adam?
Because nothing died until he sinned, when death entered the world.

smokydot

We are material beings. When our bodies give out we die. There is no evidence that we have some kind of indestructable soul that will live forever. The concept of having a spirit/soul was born from wishful thinking IMO.
That's not what the New Testament says.