• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If a gay or lesbien want to back normal?

Gay or Lesbien want to be partner to other gender .what they suppose to do ?

• Total voters

gnomon

The thing is, these words are irrelevant to a discussion of the morality of the issue. One could define the words in a way to leave out homosex.
But it doesn't matter. It's a red herring.
Lots of things are abnormal. Blonde hair, musical genius, Sufism, the vast majority of human beings have many unusual characteristics. That makes everyone abnormal.
People do lots of unnatural things as well. Cooking, science research, praying, no other species does any of these things.

So determining whether something is morally right or wrong has nothing to do with whether it is normal or natural.
Tom

Of course it's a red herring.

Yet it's the red herring that those who choose to declare the moral nature of homosexuals, and human sexuality in general, rely on. The misguided notions of the terms natural, unnatural, normal or abnormal.

So where are we now?

We are back full circle.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yet it's the red herring that those who choose to declare the moral nature of homosexuals, and human sexuality in general, rely on.
Of course it is a minor thing. But maybe it would be more productive to point out the irrelevance instead of engaging it. It seems to me that the point you are making gets lost in a semantic issue.
No biggy, just a thought.

Tom

gnomon

Of course it is a minor thing. But maybe it would be more productive to point out the irrelevance instead of engaging it. It seems to me that the point you are making gets lost in a semantic issue.
No biggy, just a thought.

Tom

I appreciate that.

However, I don't agree.

Go talk to people who are homosexuals.

I'm not normal. I recognize it. Not because of the sheer stretching of the term to solely the mathematical definition of averages but because I have been diagnosed with a psychiatric disease. Yet, to this date, I have not read a compelling argument that homosexuality is due to disease.

Of course homosexuality is natural. That is not a semantic debate. It's an absolute definitive truth.

Of course homosexuality is normal. There is no known malfunction that can be classified as a disease or psychiatric disorder, though psychiatric definitions are much looser than medical definitions, to declare homosexuality as abnormal. Only in the mathematical sense, in terms of averages, can the existence of homosexuality be considered abnormal. But that is not the definition those who argue against it take.

So no. It's not a minor point.

It's to the heart of what the OP is stating.

Though I appreciate the two of us are probably on the same page on the issue overall I disagree about the seriousness in the terminology in this argument.

With all due respect,
Chris.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
please can you explain again by more details , how you gay, and don't addicted to men and don't want women ?

Can you explain in detail your addiction to women? Also, when did you first choose to be straight? When did you choose to only like women?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Can you explain in detail your addiction to women? Also, when did you first choose to be straight? When did you choose to only like women?

Hi, Hammer. Please take a look at posts #125 and #127. This use of the word "addiction" seems to have been a simple case of translation glitch.

Your later questions, of course, are IMO unaffected by it.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Hi, Hammer. Please take a look at posts #125 and #127. This use of the word "addiction" seems to have been a simple case of translation glitch.

Your later questions, of course, are IMO unaffected by it.

Fair enough. Serves me right for not reading the entirety of the thread.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Let's place examine the real crux of the matter...

truer-words-have-never-been-spoken-20309-1309048406-4.jpg

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
A lot of people have criticized the U.S. for its laws that didn't/don't allow for equality, including people on this forum. It's not as bad as other countries that severely punish homosexuality, however.

maybe most of US citizens don't agree with homosex ?

Of course not. Like I said, your answer was what I expected; I was just waiting for you to clearly state it yourself.
But you don't answser me , why you ask me if i considere my self moderate ?

so if i said " Islam is allowed gay marriage " Godobeyer is moderate Muslim. to you

If i said " Islam is NOT allowed gay marriage" Godobeyer is NOT moderate Muslim.to you

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Back? Back to what? You dont just wake up one day and decide that you like the same gender as you.
I personally knew someone acted like girl most of his childhood , when he grow up , he back to normal .

I believe it's not finil destiny of gay or lesbien . may it's just period .

I know some people like do it with animals , so is that normal ?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I personally knew someone acted like girl most of his childhood , when he grow up , he back to normal .

Tell that to the gay and lesbian men and women who are in their 90s and still that way inclined.

Also, just because someone says they are gay does not mean that they are. Some people question it as they feel attraction to one person of the same sex which has been known to happen. Straight people are quite capable of being attracted to or falling in love with someone of the same gender. It just does not happen all the time.

Sexuality is not as black and white as you like to think it is. You also forget about bisexuals and pansexuals.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Tell that to the gay and lesbian men and women who are in their 90s and still that way inclined.

Also, just because someone says they are gay does not mean that they are. Some people question it as they feel attraction to one person of the same sex which has been known to happen. Straight people are quite capable of being attracted to or falling in love with someone of the same gender. It just does not happen all the time.

Sexuality is not as black and white as you like to think it is. You also forget about bisexuals and pansexuals.

I think disorder of hormones and why of living ,is influence/push some straight people to become gays or lesbiens .agree ?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Let's place examine the real crux of the matter...

truer-words-have-never-been-spoken-20309-1309048406-4.jpg

so there are people don't like gay marriage in West !!!

this very wrong panel ,is the doctor could detect if the baby is gay or straight (as male/female) ?

i mean :
congratulation you have gay boy !!!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
maybe most of US citizens don't agree with homosex ?

They might as well not agree with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie being married. It matters not. It is a private matter.

But you don't answser me , why you ask me if i considere my self moderate ?

so if i said " Islam is allowed gay marriage " Godobeyer is moderate Muslim. to you

If i said " Islam is NOT allowed gay marriage" Godobeyer is NOT moderate Muslim.to you

I'm fairly certain that DS meant to gauge what the perception of a moderate stance would be in your community.

While we are basically powerless to change the minds and hearts of Muslims, it is still a good idea to attempt to have the clearest possible estimation of where they lie. If for no other reason, to reach the best possible understanding.

All the same, it is really a shame that so many people among Christians and Muslims have so much trouble accepting LGBT.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Please, just stop, Godobeyer. Stop being so casual in disregarding such a basic reality and basic vital need of people you don't even understand.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
so there are people don't like gay marriage in West !!!

this very wrong panel ,is the doctor could detect if the baby is gay or straight (as male/female) ?

i mean :
congratulation you have gay boy !!!

Yes, and then we can carry on the eugenics experiments that were so rudely interrupted in 1945.

giphy.gif

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Please, just stop, Godobeyer. Stop being so casual in disregarding such a basic reality and basic vital need of people you don't even understand.
stop posting my opinion !!!

how about reality is billions of humans are not agree with gay marriage ?

how about reality that gay marriage is odd and rare in compare with straight marriage ?

if man or woman like animals is that normal sex relation for you ?