• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God created everything why didn't he create it perfect?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Why not? Does He not have the power to prevent it?

The question is, why should God prevent it? If God allowed nature to take its course why should he allow that process to be flawless? We humans know missing limbs doesn't not kill nor is a human incapable of a full life. We know that having crooked teeth can be repaired. The thing to our advantage is a brain and higher cognitive functioning. Again why blame God? Just as flaws are apart of our nature so is our willingness to be perfect or to perfect things accordingly

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
The question is, why should God prevent it?
Why not? It would not take any extra effort, time or expenditure. God is all-powerful, after all.

As to why blame God, that's easy: God (presumably) understands that people suffer needlessly, yet allows it to continue, despite the less-than-trivial cost of fixing the problem.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
God created the world, commonly referred to as "the creation," and the world contains suffering (i.e. suffering is part of that world). Why should God prevent any part of the creation?

(HInt: The answer is, "Because I don't like it.")

Last edited:

zorrro

Good question. God likes to be put to the test sometimes. He is comfortble with that. Job asked him the exact same question over 3,000 years ago. I believe the answer to your question regarding why God created things to certain specs is answered in the book of Job chapters 38, 39 and 40. This answer is found in our human manual of operation - the Bible. It is fascinating that Job would have a conversation with God and that God would even try to reason with a human. It reminds me of a honey bee (if they could talk) trying to ask a human why they do things. Two totally different worlds. Nonetheless, this reminds me of a "I am smarter than God" joke that I would like to share. A rich man's son comes back to the ranch from college. Totally educated, agnostic, uppity, with an 'I know more than God attitude', etc, etc. the 1 Cor. 1: 22- 28 type. His father asks the son of the ranch foreman to take his educated son for a tour of the ranch. The day goes fairly well until they decide to rest under a large tree. The educated son starts commenting on how stupid God was. He found an example. He told the foreman's son that why would God make birds with wings when they were small and didn't need to fly around for food. While the cow needed wings to graze over a larger area more efficiently. His conclusion: God was stupid in his selection of design. Then, just then a small bird ***** from the tree and it lands on the educated son's head. The foreman's son rolls over laughing to his heart's content and said: Now you know why God did not give cows wings. If that had been a cow you would have drowned in cow ****." so there. who says that God's children have no sense of humor.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
God created the world, commonly referred to as "the creation," and the world contains suffering (i.e. suffering is part of that world). Why should God prevent any part of the creation?
Why did God create this world specifically? Why not a different one?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Why not? It would not take any extra effort, time or expenditure. God is all-powerful, after all.

As to why blame God, that's easy: God (presumably) understands that people suffer needlessly, yet allows it to continue, despite the less-than-trivial cost of fixing the problem.

Ok my statement was with respect to being born with deficiencies. You are talking about suffering which is different

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
That's a trick question.

Because then that one would be this one.
How so? That one could have pink elephants, this one clearly doesn't. I think you're being silly. :p

Ok my statement was with respect to being born with deficiencies. You are talking about suffering which is different
I was generalizing. We can be specific to deficiencies if you want. Why do deficiencies exist, since God is generally believed to be benevolent?

Exactly my point
Is what makes a perfect resistor subjective?

Wombat

Ok.......I will take it that-
"That mortality is an illusion" and
"That immortality would taste better having lived through the illusion of mortality"

are both assumptions and "just assumptions".

But so too is my belief in 'love' and any number of things I cannot prove with objective fact.

I'm cool with living much of my life based on rule of thumb calculations of probability and "just assumptions"......most humans do:beach:

The thing is...if I am right in my assumption and mortality is an illusion...we will both find out.

But if I am not right in my assumption and mortality is not an illusion...we will both never know. ;)

My assumption Rules! : hamster :

InChrist

Free4ever
[FONT=&quot]I believe the straightforward Biblical account. God created the earth perfect and good. He gave humanity (Adam and Eve) dominion and over the earth. They were to listen and learn from the wisdom of their Creator while caring for each other, the plants, animals, and the earth. Instead of trusting God, they made the decision to disregard God’s instruction, subjecting themselves and all life on earth to imperfections, disease, suffering, and death.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C.S. Lewis said, “Suffering is God’s megaphone to humanity.” It seems as with Adam and Eve humans have a hard time trusting and submitting to God’s wisdom and direction, preferring instead their own intellect and judgment, thereby bringing on negative consequences and suffering. God now temporarily uses these consequences to help us see our foolish, desperate condition without Him.[/FONT]

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Ok.......I will take it that-
"That mortality is an illusion" and
"That immortality would taste better having lived through the illusion of mortality"

are both assumptions and "just assumptions".

But so too is my belief in 'love' and any number of things I cannot prove with objective fact.

I'm cool with living much of my life based on rule of thumb calculations of probability and "just assumptions"......most humans do:beach:

The thing is...if I am right in my assumption and mortality is an illusion...we will both find out.

But if I am not right in my assumption and mortality is not an illusion...we will both never know. ;)

My assumption Rules! : hamster :

It is just that bold assumptions such as these make for weak arguments.
That is all. :p

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Would you care to tell me where have i made use of an appeal to incredulity?
Post #289

I have certainly not made use of an appeal to numbers.
I am merely saying that most people understand the word boredom in such a way that it does not allow room for it to be enjoyed.
:facepalm:

Only good feelings take part of an absolute perfect life with very very few possible exceptions.
This is merely your opinion.
Talk to a Masochist sometime...

I am inclined to accept your argument as long as you can prove it.
I am not going to accept just because that is what you want.

My likes and dislikes are not universal.
I have already asked of you to present to me someone who actually enjoys boredom. Maybe you can give me a link to peer reviewed article or something of the sort. But instead of trying to prove your point, you simply waste your time and mine with useless attacks.
I presented my two dead uncles.
However, I understand how they will be unable to help you understand that there in fact people who are just fine with boredom.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Post #289

Then i have certainly not made use of a fallacy.

Since when showing the popularity of the use of a term deserves a facepalm?

This is merely your opinion.
Talk to a Masochist sometime...

You are welcome to define what a perfect life is.

I presented my two dead uncles.
However, I understand how they will be unable to help you understand that there in fact people who are just fine with boredom.

It is as much evidence as me telling you that i am a woman to prove that i am a woman.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
How so? That one could have pink elephants, this one clearly doesn't. I think you're being silly. :p

I was generalizing. We can be specific to deficiencies if you want. Why do deficiencies exist, since God is generally believed to be benevolent?

Is what makes a perfect resistor subjective?

Why the heck are you asking me why deficiencies exist? I don't know the answer except yo say its the result of genetic dysfunction or the result of some other circumstance. Like I said earlier perfection is in the perspective of the viewer just like art. I can draw a painting of a sunset and to me it looks like a sunset bit to others it looks like I took a tub of pain and slung it to a board.