• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if God is all love where does evil come from?

AK4

God did not create evil. It has no matter.

Evil is what god considers a deliberate seperation from him. Doesnt mean he goes away though. So evil is not the absence of good (god), its putting him on 'ignore'.

So when God just plainly told you in His own Words that he created it, are you calling Him a liar?

Did satan create himself? No. No matter if you think that he is fallen angel or not, which he isnt, God created him.

Jos 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.

Who's going to bring it? Now God doesnt do it Himself, He has someone or thing to it for Him.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
1Ki 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

He uses them for His purpose.

.lava

Veteran Member
well a simple question if God created all and is love where does Evil come from.,
why not just destroy it all and start again?

what right does he have to watch millions of children suffer?,

i can not justify that and that would be my first question when i stand before him/her with my head up no grovelling. i just need the justification from his/ her lips...

hi :)
your post reminded me of a story that i red from a book written by Mevlana. in the story there is a town. people of town have faith in one God. but the king of the land wants people to worship him. he and his soldiers come with horses. they bring poor people of the town to a square. ask them to give up their religion and give in to the king. they refuse over and over again. then soldiers start a big fire and they threaten people to throw them into fire. people still would not give in. the king, with anger, grabs a child and takes him away from his mother's arms. he holds him close to fire and tells woman if she does not change her mind he would throw little boy into fire. she feels so helpless. cos she knows if she gives up her religion she would taste eternal fire. but on the other hand her precious child would burn before her eyes. as she thinks, the king does not wait for her answer and throws the boy into fire. she starts screaming name of her son. then they all hear voice of little boy telling "mom, i am so happy here, so happy i hardly speak with you". when she hears this she throws herself into fire. then all the believers do the same. the king hears their voices, he knows they are so happy, those voices joyful meeting in heaven. he gets jealous right away and throws himself into fire with greed and he burns to death.

you did not see the final curtain yet. only when it is all over, you'd see who's in pain and who's not.

thank you for your time :)

Last edited:

Kcnorwood

well a simple question if God created all and is love where does Evil come from.,
why not just destroy it all and start again?,
quote]

God created evil thats a easy one second because if the stopped & started all over it would be end of story, besides God wants us to believe he's a God of love which means he can't be destorying everything.... again.

Heneni

Miss Independent
So when God just plainly told you in His own Words that he created it, are you calling Him a liar?

Did satan create himself? No. No matter if you think that he is fallen angel or not, which he isnt, God created him.

Jos 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.

Who's going to bring it? Now God doesnt do it Himself, He has someone or thing to it for Him.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
1Ki 22:22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

He uses them for His purpose.

God created satan a marvelous being, untill he was removed from heaven. God did not create evil. Its not a creation. It DOES NOT HAVE MATTER. You cant touch evil.

And the scripture of god bringing evil...LOL..thats a nice one hey! Only if you read the scripture you'll see that what god was planning to do, was remove them from off their land. See...so evil is connected to being seperated from god or anything he has given you.

Evil is....a seperation .

Kcnorwood

God created satan a marvelous being, untill he was removed from heaven. God did not create evil. Its not a creation. It DOES NOT HAVE MATTER. You cant touch evil.
quote]

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Heneni

Miss Independent
quote]

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

LOL...well when you catch evil in a bottle be sure to post a pic of it. Light is a stream of particles. If god creates evil, it means he seperates some things from others.

I make peace...that means unity
and create evil...that means seperation.

.lava

Veteran Member
creation is based on two. all about opposites so there are two ways to go. without evil, the opposite direction would not exist or would not be known either.

Kcnorwood

LOL...well when you catch evil in a bottle be sure to post a pic of it. Light is a stream of particles. If god creates evil, it means he seperates some things from others.

I make peace...that means unity
and create evil...that means seperation.

Sorry but the bible says God created everything which would mean evil also I can see why Christians refuse to see that.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Sorry but the bible says God created everything which would mean evil also I can see why Christians refuse to see that.

Because if you look carefully at the CONTEXT of that scripture you just gave me you'll see that this:

I MAKE peace..... is then followed by

I CREATE evil.

Neither peace nor evil is matter. Making and creating means the same thing in your scripture you gave me.

God brings unity ...............peace
God can seperate ............evil.

God can make/create seperation. That is what the scripture means when it says that god creates evil.

Kcnorwood

Because if you look carefully at the CONTEXT of that scripture you just gave me you'll see that this:

I MAKE peace..... is then followed by

I CREATE evil.

Neither peace nor evil is matter. Making and creating means the same thing in your scripture you gave me.

God brings unity ...............peace
God can seperate ............evil.

God can make/create seperation. That is what the scripture means when it says that god creates evil.

Sorry putting one word in front of another means nothing but if you want to break it down.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. There is no period or stating end of statement it's one sentence I make peace AND create evil. Pretty straight forward.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

LOL...well when you catch evil in a bottle be sure to post a pic of it.

r_winery_evil_cabernet_2005.jpg

Heneni

Miss Independent
Sorry putting one word in front of another means nothing but if you want to break it down.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. There is no period or stating end of statement it's one sentence I make peace AND create evil. Pretty straight forward.

Are you having trouble to see the opposite to peace ?
Peace brings unity.....evil brings seperation.

I'm sorry if you cant get that. But its pretty simple to me.

Jeremiah

God created satan a marvelous being, untill he was removed from heaven. God did not create evil..

If God is as he is commonly said to be all-knowing, all-powerful and the ultimate cause. Than he created everything in all three the past, the present and the future. Making him the primary agent of any evil anywhere, in anytime and in whatever form it takes.

Heneni

Miss Independent
If God is as he is commonly said to be all-knowing, all-powerful and the ultimate cause. Than he created everything in all three the past, the present and the future. Making him the primary agent of any evil anywhere, in anytime and in whatever form it takes.

I was following until you used the word ....THEN....

What followed your THEN , i do not believe.

Jeremiah

I was following until you used the word ....THEN....

What followed your THEN , i do not believe.

Being all-powerful and all-knowing than when God created Satan he knew Satan would become a great evil if he made him as he did make him. So knowly God set forth that spark that he knew would grow into a great evil. Being all-powerful God could have created Satan in any number of different ways. So then why did God create a Satan that would become so evil?