• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if God is all love where does evil come from?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Evil is a force that is opposition to God and righteousness. Mark 7:20 tells us that evil comes from the hearts of people that it does not come from God.

Kcnorwood

Evil is a force that is opposition to God and righteousness. Mark 7:20 tells us that evil comes from the hearts of people that it does not come from God.

Then the bible is contradicting it's self despite what Heneni belives God created evil & the bible states it no matter what Heneni thinks.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Then the bible is contradicting it's self despite what Heneni belives God created evil & the bible states it no matter what Heneni thinks.

The Bible contradicts itself all over the place. I don't think that quote from Mark, however, is a contradiction; but a misread of certain aspects of it.

Such as the idea that Sin is an entity. :sarcastic Was Paul a Final Fantasy X fan or something?

Kcnorwood

The Bible contradicts itself all over the place. I don't think that quote from Mark, however, is a contradiction; but a misread of certain aspects of it.

Such as the idea that Sin is an entity. :sarcastic Was Paul a Final Fantasy X fan or something?

I agree with your first statement but I still think it's pretty clear about God creating evil .

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I agree with your first statement but I still think it's pretty clear about God creating evil .

I agree. But it's not a...

Actually, yeah, it's a contradiction. Evil comes from the human heart, but God created the human heart and how it works, therefore God created evil.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I agree. But it's not a...

Actually, yeah, it's a contradiction. Evil comes from the human heart, but God created the human heart and how it works, therefore God created evil.
The scripture in James says Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man...Most Christians believe that Satan is the ultimate evil. When a man is tempted he is drawn away by his own lust, not God.....So it is the man himself who has evil in his heart not God who put it there...................;)

Jeremiah

If evil is the absence of God than what about things like earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis and hurricanes?

Are these not acts of God? Do they not cause horrific destruction and suffering? Would that not make God himself evil? Not to mention the undue suffering that happens to the innocent because God decided to create beings with great capacity for evil. He unleashes these unholy humans on the world and does nothing while they kill, rape and loot the innocent; such as children that can not stand up for themselves. Why is God not down here fixing this mess he created? Why pardon the "creator of everything" of the blame of doing such a **** poor job? God should get off his gigantic, lazy rear end and get down here and make with the miracles.

What was that..."The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Well God sure the heck is doing a whole lot of nothing.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
If evil is the absence of God than what about things like earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis and hurricanes?

Are these not acts of God? Do they not cause horrific destruction and suffering? Would that not make God himself evil? Not to mention the undue suffering that happens to the innocent because God decided to create beings with great capacity for evil. He unleashes these unholy humans on the world and does nothing while they kill, rape and loot the innocent; such as children that can not stand up for themselves. Why is God not down here fixing this mess he created? Why pardon the "creator of everything" of the blame of doing such a **** poor job? God should get off his gigantic, lazy rear end and get down here and make with the miracles.

What was that..."The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Well God sure the heck is doing a whole lot of nothing.

That's assuming evil indeed exists. And as for "acts of god", what makes an earthquake an "act of god"? What makes a volcanic eruption an "act of god"? Why can't it just be? Besides, it's not God who's building cities at the base of volcanoes or near tectonic plate junctions, or even underneath the clouds, where it might rain and flood the area :thud:!!

AK4

God created satan a marvelous being, untill he was removed from heaven. God did not create evil. Its not a creation. It DOES NOT HAVE MATTER. You cant touch evil.

And the scripture of god bringing evil...LOL..thats a nice one hey! Only if you read the scripture you'll see that what god was planning to do, was remove them from off their land. See...so evil is connected to being seperated from god or anything he has given you.

Evil is....a seperation .

So satan was an marvelous (i take this as you are saying good and wonderful) being from the beginning when he was created. Then i guess then Jesus is a liar here again...

Joh 8:44 - You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Now how far back is the beginning? What does beginning mean? There is no truth in him (could this mean since the beginning or after the beginning---dont you see a contradiction there?)

Satan was created evil and he is a spirit being so in that right you are right, he has no matter.

And the scripture of god bringing evil...LOL..thats a nice one hey! Only if you read the scripture you'll see that what god was planning to do, was remove them from off their land. See...so evil is connected to being seperated from god or anything he has given you.

Well who brought it then? Who has Soveriegnity over His creation? Who allowed it?
And whats your point? Yes, God seperates Himself because He doesnt DO IT. Read my last post.

The Lucifer story is a hoax!!!! The translators made it up. Check the original hebrew. I would explain it but heres a link to someone who has exposed this LUCIFER HOAX.

L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 9

Heneni

Miss Independent
Being all-powerful and all-knowing than when God created Satan he knew Satan would become a great evil if he made him as he did make him. So knowly God set forth that spark that he knew would grow into a great evil. Being all-powerful God could have created Satan in any number of different ways. So then why did God create a Satan that would become so evil?

God created all his beings with the ability to turn against him if they so wished. Is that evil, or is that brave?

Lets look at Jeremiah for a second. Why did you lie for the first time, or why did you nick a cookie out of the cookie jar without mom and dads approval? Did somebody pull you aside and teach you?

Did god teach satan to be evil, or did he just do that by himself?

Heneni

Miss Independent
So satan was an marvelous (i take this as you are saying good and wonderful) being from the beginning when he was created. Then i guess then Jesus is a liar here again...

Joh 8:44 - You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Now how far back is the beginning? What does beginning mean? There is no truth in him (could this mean since the beginning or after the beginning---dont you see a contradiction there?)

Satan was created evil and he is a spirit being so in that right you are right, he has no matter.

Well who brought it then? Who has Soveriegnity over His creation? Who allowed it?
And whats your point? Yes, God seperates Himself because He doesnt DO IT. Read my last post.

The Lucifer story is a hoax!!!! The translators made it up. Check the original hebrew. I would explain it but heres a link to someone who has exposed this LUCIFER HOAX.

L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 9

Satan is a hoax? well im happy to report that its not only the christians that are deluded, but the devil worshippers too! Perhaps we should form a club!

Have you ever met satan? Some people have. I might be one of them.:angel2:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...

Are these not acts of God? Do they not cause horrific destruction and suffering?
Everyone wants the GREAT stuff without having to pay the price. These same things are what made this incredibly beautiful world so incredibly beautiful. No earthquakes? That means no Rockies. No Volcanoes? Say good bye to Hawaii! These aren't EVIL: they are essential parts of our ecosystem. Remember the fires in Florida a few years ago? They are attributed to man trying to prevent fire for SO LONG. It appears that fires are an essential part of our ecosystem.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Everyone wants the GREAT stuff without having to pay the price. These same things are what made this incredibly beautiful world so incredibly beautiful. No earthquakes? That means no Rockies. No Volcanoes? Say good bye to Hawaii! These aren't EVIL: they are essential parts of our ecosystem. Remember the fires in Florida a few years ago? They are attributed to man trying to prevent fire for SO LONG. It appears that fires are an essential part of our ecosystem.
Where God made this world, he would also have made the rules. You feel as if we need the bad to enjoy the good, but any God could have made this world in such a way that you don't need the bad for the good.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Where God made this world, he would also have made the rules. You feel as if we need the bad to enjoy the good, but any God could have made this world in such a way that you don't need the bad for the good.

God turns that which is meant for evil into something that is for our good, so we dont need evil to appreciate good, since god takes the evil and turns it into good. If evil was necessary to appreciate good, then he wouldnt turn that which is meant for evil into good, if the evil is actually helping us appreciate the good.

did anybody understand that?)(

emiliano

God created satan a marvelous being, untill he was removed from heaven. God did not create evil. Its not a creation. It DOES NOT HAVE MATTER. You cant touch evil.
quote]

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Oops! This is referring to a bad thing that God has created and is a powerful king that will conquer the Israelites, that He has created this kingdom and made it powerful to punish/correct His chosen one.
Isa 45:1 So says Jehovah to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have made strong in order to humble nations before him. And I will loosen the loins of kings, to open before him the two-leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Oops! This is referring to a bad thing that God has created and is a powerful king that will conquer the Israelites, that He has created this kingdom and made it powerful to punish/correct His chosen one.
Isa 45:1 So says Jehovah to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have made strong in order to humble nations before him. And I will loosen the loins of kings, to open before him the two-leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut.

HUH? :confused: