• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If god knew.....

You're forgetting that we didn't know. Is it really a sacrifice? If by 'sacrifice' you mean the person is dead...well, that did happen. If the raising from the dead, meaning the person is physically alive again, nullifies the 'sacrifice' then it's not a 'sacrifice'.
How is it a sacrifice? What does the whole passion tell you? Jesus was alive in the beginning, and alive at the end, but in a different way. What happened in the middle? A crucifixion. A death. Torture. Pain.
So what does that say? It says we can go through pain as still be alive at the end. We are alive in a different way, though, which implies a transformation. Jesus teaches us this transformation through his own actions. That is the sacrifice.

So basically God made a human clone of himself and set it on a suicide mission so he could get permission from himself to forgive the sinners that he created to be sinful in the first place. I defy anyone to make less sense of the convulted mess that is the Bible.

strikeviperMKII

So basically God made a human clone of himself and set it on a suicide mission so he could get permission from himself to forgive the sinners that he created to be sinful in the first place. I defy anyone to make less sense of the convulted mess that is the Bible.

I said nothing of sin, nothing of forgiving sin, and nothing about Jesus being God. Would you care to explain how you made those leaps?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
lay down one's life (for someone or something)
Fig. to sacrifice one's life for someone or something. Would you lay down your life for your country? There aren't many things for which I'd lay down my life.

mestimia: "Suicide is a negative act when one does not do what is necessary to escape death such as leaving a burning building.

Suicide is direct when one has the intention of causing ones own death, whether as an end to be attained, or as a means to another end, as when a man kills himself to escape condemnation, disgrace, ruin, etc. "

suicide is a selfish desire to die.

laying down your life(for a cause) is not suicide.

lay down one's life (for someone or something)
Fig. to sacrifice one's life for someone or something. Would you lay down your life for your country? There aren't many things for which I'd lay down my life.
lay down life - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
all our fallen soldiers commited suicide?
I cannot make any sense of your above quoted post.
Please try using the quote function, it makes posts MUCH easier to read.

"So basically God made a human clone of himself and set it on a suicide mission so he could get permission from himself to forgive the sinners that he created to be sinful in the first place. I defy anyone to make less sense of the convulted mess that is the Bible."

Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

strikeviperMKII

There needs no jewish zombie come hot from hell to tell us that!

Our 1st skinned knee and we KNOW pain is hurts and is temporary.

No mythology needed to grasp that.

So you have defined pain in the physical realm. And that got you how far?
Pain is not just physical discomfort, as any clinical psychologist will tell you. Expand your definition of pain to more than just physical injury. Mental, emotional, psychological.

mestimia: "I cannot make any sense of your above quoted post.
Please try using the quote function, it makes posts MUCH easier to read."

you say the laying down your life- of jesus is suicide...

[ex: Would you lay down your life for your country?]

I was asking do soldiers that lay down their life for the country also commit suicide?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
mestimia: "I cannot make any sense of your above quoted post.
Please try using the quote function, it makes posts MUCH easier to read."

you say the laying down your life- of jesus is suicide...

[ex: Would you lay down your life for your country?]

I was asking do soldiers that lay down their life for the country also commit suicide?
Yes.
So does the father who gets killed pushing his child out of the way of a bus.

strikeviperMKII

So Jesus allowed himself to be tortured and killed because...? You are a catholic that does not believe in the trinity?

Allowed? You presuppose that he knew a better way to do it?

Do I accept that there is a trinity of three gods, and a unity of one at the same time, yes. Do I know what that means? 99.999% of the time, no. I don't have a clue.

strikeviperMKII

Why don't you enlighten us? If Jesus did not die to create a path to god what did he die for? Do you believe there is a Heaven? A Hell?

Jesus didn't die for anything. He died because we killed him. 'We' being the gentiles and the Jews.

Do I believe in Heaven and Hell? First, I have to know what you mean by that, then I can say if I believe in them or not.