• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If god knew.....

strikeviperMKII

"Define God's Law.
Define the punishment in 'punishment of crime'."

don't you know? again don't you know? what is the point in the questions?

It's nice to know where you're coming from. I have an idea, but I'd rather here it from you (It avoids nasty assumptions in the future). It's not a question of whether I know or not. I'm just not going to let you get away with a unaddressed assumption. All I want to know is what you are meaning when you use these terms.

""Define God's Law.

transgressing God's law is disobediance to God's commandments.

damnation is the lake of fire/eternal torment

strikeviperMKII

""Define God's Law.

transgressing God's law is disobediance to God's commandments.

damnation is the lake of fire/eternal torment

By commandments, I think I can safely assume that you mean the Ten Commandments. So what about Paul saying that all the laws can be simplified to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.' Is that the only law we have to follow? Or do we have to follow them all?

So the Lake of Fire, in essence Hell, is somewhere we go? When?

"By commandments, I think I can safely assume that you mean the Ten Commandments. So what about Paul saying that all the laws can be simplified to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.' Is that the only law we have to follow? Or do we have to follow them all?"

since christ has come the commandment is :

whosoever believeth on him (jesus) shall not be ashamed

Rom 9:30
What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

if you don't truly beleive/trust/have biblical faith in jesus The son of god and his sacrifice acceptable to god for your behalf/salvation you choose te be judged by the law of god...

"By commandments, I think I can safely assume that you mean the Ten Commandments"

the ten commandments are included.
all unrighteousness and disobedience to God.

the saved:
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

BY:
Rom 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Last edited:

ninerbuff

godless wonder
"By commandments, I think I can safely assume that you mean the Ten Commandments. So what about Paul saying that all the laws can be simplified to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.' Is that the only law we have to follow? Or do we have to follow them all?"

since christ has come the commandment is :

whosoever believeth on him (jesus) shall not be ashamed

Rom 9:30
What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

if you don't truly beleive/trust/have biblical faith in jesus The son of god and his sacrifice acceptable to god for your behalf/salvation you choose te be judged by the law of god...

"By commandments, I think I can safely assume that you mean the Ten Commandments"

the ten commandments are included.
all unrighteousness and disobedience to God.

the saved:
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

BY:
Rom 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
But of course rape and slavery are still permitted since it wasn't against the law back then........delusional

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So do you believe the OT is the word of god, yes or no?
Not in the popular sense. It is only the word of God in that the group that produced it was the community of God.
I would classify the OT as superstitious storytelling.
We're not interested in how you would classify it.

ninerbuff: "But of course rape and slavery are still permitted since it wasn't against the law back then"

it was... if you love your neighbor as yourself, you will not rape your neighbor, if you love your neighbor as yourself, you will not force slavery upon them.

Lev 19:18 thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself:

do you want yourself to be forced into rape?

do you want yourself to be forced into slavery?

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
mestimia : "Justice?
Payment for what crime?
Says who?
Redemption and salvation from what??

payment for the crime is justice: the crime is sin

"Says who?"
God

Redemption and salvation from what?? the punishment of damnation.
Problem here is that it was GOD who set it all up.
He set it all up knowing before hand how it would end.
So again, "justice" for what?
"payment" for what crime?
"redemption and salvation" from Gods own setup?

Ah... so because god says it it must be true?
Do you advocate "might equals right" in all aspects of your life?

"So again, "justice" for what?"

If you don't accept the free gift from God and trust in Jesus to pay for your condemnation by taking your sin on himself, then you are choosing to be judged by God's law in wich you are condemned already :

crime.... you have sinned.. with your free will. Just because God knows you would break the law doesn't mean you are not guilty.
If you get a speeding ticket, you can't say they(Lawgivers) knew people were going to speed before making this Law, therefore this is unfair/unjust ...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
"So again, "justice" for what?"

If you don't accept the free gift from God and trust in Jesus to pay for your condemnation by taking your sin on himself, then you are choosing to be judged by God's law in wich you are condemned already :
I have chosen no such thing.
For I reject your god and his petty laws.

crime.... you have sinned.. with your free will. Just because God knows you would break the law doesn't mean you are not guilty.
If you get a speeding ticket, you can't say they(Lawgivers) knew people were going to speed before making this Law, therefore this is unfair/unjust ...

You forget that I am not in your choir.

Never did understand why so few people can see that god was the only one who could pass the 613 rule test...

"I have chosen no such thing.
For I reject your god and his petty laws."

therefore you willingly reject jesus and like it or not you would be judged by his law, making you guilty

"You forget that I am not in your choir."

I know you are not, but i gave reason for the why questions...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
"I have chosen no such thing.
For I reject your god and his petty laws."

therefore you willingly reject jesus and like it or not you would be judged by his law, making you guilty
See, this is where you are sadly mistaken.
The fact is that your god has no jurisdiction over me.

"You forget that I am not in your choir."

I know you are not, but i gave reason for the why questions...
Ah, so you are merely explaining your personal beliefs.
Gotcha.

However, one does wonder why all the veiled empty threats.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
ninerbuff: "But of course rape and slavery are still permitted since it wasn't against the law back then"

it was... if you love your neighbor as yourself, you will not rape your neighbor, if you love your neighbor as yourself, you will not force slavery upon them.

Lev 19:18 thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself:

do you want yourself to be forced into rape?

do you want yourself to be forced into slavery?
Lol, you can love your neighbor and rape them, and have slaves and love them too back in that time.:rolleyes:

that jesus was going to die for our sins, and that resurrection was going to happen, then the question is how is this a "sacrifice" if the end result was jesus being raised from the dead? It's like he never died then.

Does anything in the Bible make any sense?

"Lol, you can love your neighbor and rape them, and have slaves and love them too back in that time."

does that mean the raper/slavemaster loved to be raped/forced into slavery? if so it would not be forced slavery, and it would not be forced rape

love your neighbor = as yourself

justwondering : "Does anything in the Bible make any sense?"

if it was true, you would not be able to understand in unbeleif.

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.