• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If god knew.....

justwondering : "Does anything in the Bible make any sense?"

if it was true, you would not be able to understand in unbeleif.

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

Pro 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Thank you for illustrating my point.

"So I can treat people who are not my neighbors as I please according to the word and will of God? Good to know"

" I can treat people who are not my neighbors as I please according to the word and will of God? "

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

neighbor

noun

acquaintance, bystander, next-door-neighbor, nearby resident;

neighbor
verb
To be contiguous or next to:

ninerbuff

godless wonder
"Lol, you can love your neighbor and rape them, and have slaves and love them too back in that time."

does that mean the raper/slavemaster loved to be raped/forced into slavery? if so it would not be forced slavery, and it would not be forced rape

love your neighbor = as yourself
Your statement makes no sense. How can the raper love to be raped? Or the slavemaster forced into slavery?

ninerbuff: "Your statement makes no sense. How can the raper love to be raped? Or the slavemaster forced into slavery?"

my point exactly. if you dont love to be raped/enslaved you will not rape or enslave somone else....

"love thy neighbor as(you love) thyself"
"golden rule".

"So I can treat people who are not my neighbors as I please according to the word and will of God? Good to know"

" I can treat people who are not my neighbors as I please according to the word and will of God? "

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

neighbor

noun

acquaintance, bystander, next-door-neighbor, nearby resident;

neighbor
verb
To be contiguous or next to:

And? There are plenty of people who are not my neighbor.

ninerbuff: "Your statement makes no sense. How can the raper love to be raped? Or the slavemaster forced into slavery?"

my point exactly. if you dont love to be raped/enslaved you will not rape or enslave somone else....

the origional argument : ninerbuff: "But of course rape and slavery are still permitted since it wasn't against the law back then........delusional" turned into - ninerbuff:" Lol, you can love your neighbor and rape them, and have slaves and love them too back in that time.:rolleyes:"

i was saying you misinterpreted "love thy neighbor as thyself", to love thy neighbor and rape them is just... wich is wrong and not right from the biblical prespective

"love thy neighbor as(you love) thyself"
"golden rule".

Last edited:
"So I can treat people who are not my neighbors as I please according to the word and will of God? Good to know."

as long as how you treat them does not go against God's law.

strikeviperMKII

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

BY:
Rom 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

I think this nullifies everything before it in your post. We of faith are not under the law, only faith.

Paul also says the only law necessary is to love your neighbor as yourself. Where is that in all this?

strikeviperMKII

Problem here is that it was GOD who set it all up.
He set it all up knowing before hand how it would end.
So again, "justice" for what?
"payment" for what crime?
"redemption and salvation" from Gods own setup?

Ah... so because god says it it must be true?
Do you advocate "might equals right" in all aspects of your life?

So because God knows, we shouldn't have to do anything? Why do you think God set this up anyway? We are the ones who created good and evil, right and wrong, heaven and hell. We created those divisions. We drew the line in the sand separating one into two. God didn't do that. So how did he set this up again?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So because God knows, we shouldn't have to do anything? Why do you think God set this up anyway? We are the ones who created good and evil, right and wrong, heaven and hell. We created those divisions. We drew the line in the sand separating one into two. God didn't do that. So how did he set this up again?
Really?
So you are basically saying that god does not exist?
Perhaps you do not believe that god created everything?
Perhaps you agree with me that god is NOT omni-anything?

That makes as much sense as purposely throwing a baseball through a window and then blaming the broken window on the baseball.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
That makes as much sense as purposely throwing a baseball through a window and then blaming the broken window on the baseball.
The thing is, there are many many theists who take the position that god is perfect and anything that they think paints their deity in a bad light is not gods fault.
It is either the Satans fault or mans fault.

strikeviperMKII

If you don't accept the free gift from God and trust in Jesus to pay for your condemnation by taking your sin on himself, then you are choosing to be judged by God's law in wich you are condemned already

Judge not, lest ye be Judged. For whatever standard you apply to others, the same standard will be applied to you.
This is in three of the Gospels in slightly different ways. I prefer the one from Matthew, which I paraphrased here.