• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus isn't the only way to come to God...

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
However, that doesn't mean that the Holy Spirit is speaking to us, as was the case with Jesus and Baha'u'llah. I don't believe the Holy Spirit speaks to anyone except Manifestations of God.
We don't really know how they received guidance from the Holy Spirit, do we? i don't remember Baha'u'llah saying He heard a voice in His head. Maybe you do. However, however He received guidance doesn't really matter, just so He received it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Quite the contrary. It is the gospels that show that Baha'u'llah was who He claimed to be, the return of Christ, the Comforter, and the Spirit of truth, since Baha'u'llah did what those prophecies say.

John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So when did Baha'u'llah ever remind anyone of what Jesus had said to them?

It is also the gospels that show that Jesus is never coming back to earth.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
Jesus plainly says that He, Jesus will return and you deny that verse. Then you create contradiction in the Bible where none exists, by claiming that when Jesus is speaking about dying and going to heaven where nobody can see Him, it means that He is never going to return.

You also deny the many plain passages about the Son of Man coming, even while knowing that Jesus tells us in many places that He is the Son of Man.
And of course it is just silly of you to say that Baha'u'llah came in the way that the Son of Man is said to be coming, and that Baha'u'llah did what we are told that the Son of Man is going to do.
One of those things is to judge all people, something that the Father is not going to do, but has given to the Son (Jesus). You deny that it is the Son who is going to Judge everyone (John 5:22) because you claim that only God will do that, but you are happy to allow Baha'u'llah to judge everyone.

At the end of Mark 13, a Chapter about the coming of the Son of Man, Jesus gives us a parable
Mark 13:32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”

You no doubt do not see that the Master who goes away is going to return,,,,,,,,,,,,, not someone else.
And it is interesting also to notice that Baha'is have ceased to "Watch" for the return of the Master when the Master tells everyone to :Watch".

Baha'u'llah never claimed to be Christ, so He cannot be a false Christ.

You say some weird things, esp when we all know that Baha'u'llah claimed to be the return of Christ and that you have said the same yourself.

Jesus told us how to identify a prophet and whether he was true or false.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Fruits are defined as the pleasant or successful result of work or actions so by these standards Baha'u'llah was a true prophet, since His fruits were good.

Spoken like a true Baha'i, someone who believes it is a good thing that the gospel is denied and that the truth of the gospels is denied and that the person and work of the Comforter/Spirit of Truth/Holy Spirit (one person is John's gospel) is denied and Baha'u'llah takes the place of the Holy Spirit. Someone who denies the OT prophesies about Jesus, the Messiah, actually apply to Him but apply to Baha'u'llah instead. Someone who through doing that has also denied who Jesus is and denied the gospel which was preaching in the OT. Someone who denies who Jesus is. Someone who denies Paul and most of what Jesus said and did. etc etc.
Denying the Bible is not a good thing and/or twisting it around to mean sometimes the opposite of what it says is not a good thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, imo.................. and all this on the claims of someone who has no evidence in what he said and did that he fulfills the prophecies of the return of Jesus, and in fact, what he said and did shows that he fulfils the prophecies of a false Christ and false Prophet.
BUT of course that fact is denied because Baha'is believe that we should not believe what the Bible tells us about the return of Christ, but that we should instead believe what Baha'u'llah tells us that the Bible means about the return of Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even when it is the opposite to what the Bible actually says.

Which parts of the gospels are accepted or rejected by me or other Baha'is is hard to say and would need to be evaluated on a case by case basis.

At least you admit that the what Shoghi said, that "divine inspiration of the gospel is fully recognised" is not true in Baha'is.

Brian2

Veteran Member
To me, accepting the inspiration of the gospels and the truth of Christianity means that the gospels were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

So you think that the Holy Spirit inspired the gospel writers to write things that are not true.
And also we already know that you deny the truth of Christianity.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I don't really know. But I asked google.

The Bible doesn't provide a clear answer as to why Jesus didn't write down his teachings. However, there are some educated guesses, including:
  • Other priorities: Jesus may have had more important things to do than write, such as acting and teaching.
  • Time: Writing books can be time-consuming.
  • Oral culture: Jesus lived in a primarily oral culture.
  • Human weakness: Some say that if Jesus had written a book of the Bible, people might have become obsessed with it or even idolized it.
  • Apostles: Jesus may have authorized his apostles to speak on his behalf.
  • Firsthand testimony: The apostles and others who learned from them wrote things down as firsthand testimony.

The last 3 look doubtful to me personally. The first three are good guesses. Take the one that is best for you.
By not writing his own words has caused to much confusion. What did he really say? What did he really do? And we know we can't trust what the gospels writers said... that is except for those Christians that believe it was inerrant and that the Holy Spirit of God told them what to write.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
No, not completely, like the one of loving your enemies. However, they are good ethics to shoot for.
How many people try to put it into practice? Is it even practical? Like right here on the forum, when the "enemies" of a religion are only verbally attacking them. Why don't Christians or Baha'is treat those people with love? And maybe some have tried, but does it work? And how long before the religious person gives up?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
As if that is a prophecy about Baha'u'llah. Here's some other verses related to this one...

John 14:16-18 ESV /​

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

I suppose these verses are part of the 20% of statements that were really made by Jesus. And, naturally, the true interpretation of these verses is what Baha'u'llah says they mean.

Here's is a Baha'i article trying to make their case... "Baha’u’llah declared himself as the “Spirit of Truth” (or “Comforter”) predicted by Jesus..."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So you think that the Holy Spirit inspired the gospel writers to write things that are not true.
I said: "To me, accepting the inspiration of the gospels and the truth of Christianity means that the gospels were inspired by the Holy Spirit."
I did not say that I believe that everything that the gospel writers wrote was inspired by the Holy Spirit, but even if it was, those writers are only human and humans make mistakes. That is how we know that the Bible cannot be inerrant, and many Christians will agree with me.
And also we already know what you deny the truth of Christianity.
I do not deny the truths if Christianity, but I deny the falsehoods of Christianity.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Here's is a Baha'i article trying to make their case... "Baha’u’llah declared himself as the “Spirit of Truth” (or “Comforter”) predicted by Jesus..."
Here is another article that just came out that you and @Brian2 might want to read.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

So when did Baha'u'llah ever remind anyone of what Jesus had said to them?
What that means is that Baha'u'llah will remind us of the teachings of Jesus and what Jesus did for us on the cross.
Baha'u'llah reminded us of the teachings of Jesus all throughout His Writings, whenever He reiterated those teachings.
Baha'u'llah also reminded us of what Jesus did on the cross.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
Jesus plainly says that He, Jesus will return and you deny that verse.
We have been over this verse many times before.

Jesus was going to heaven to prepare a place for His disciples.

How could Jesus come back to earth and take His disciples to heaven now? His disciples are no longer on earth.
If Jesus had been referring to coming back to earth while the disciples were alive it would have been a failed promise.

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not referring to coming back to earth again. Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world: John 14:19, John 16:10, John 17:4, John 17:11, John 19:30

John 14:2-3 is Jesus speaking to His disciples.. When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not talking about His physical body returning to earth, He was referring to His Spirit coming again in the future, which I believe it did, in Baha'u'llah, who was the return of the Christ spirit with a new name (Isaiah 62:2, Revelation 2:17, Revelation 3:12)

Jesus said to the disciples “I will come again, and receive you unto myself” Jesus knew He was going to heaven, and He was telling His disciples that He would prepare a place for them in heaven so they could be with Him in heaven -- that where I am, there ye may be also.

If Jesus returned to earth now, the disciples could not 'receive Jesus' since the disciples are no longer living on earth.

John 14:3 is one of the most misunderstood verses in the New Testament so it is no wonder the Bible commentaries do not agree on what it means.
Then you create contradiction in the Bible where none exists, by claiming that when Jesus is speaking about dying and going to heaven where nobody can see Him, it means that He is never going to return.
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus was not speaking about dying and going to heaven where nobody can see Him. He was talking about this world.
Jesus said He was no more in the world and that we would see Him no more. That means that Jesus is never going to return to this world.
You also deny the many plain passages about the Son of Man coming, even while knowing that Jesus tells us in many places that He is the Son of Man.
And of course it is just silly of you to say that Baha'u'llah came in the way that the Son of Man is said to be coming, and that Baha'u'llah did what we are told that the Son of Man is going to do.
Baha'u'llah did what we are told that the Son of Man is going to do. Jesus ain't gonna do those things since Jesus is not coming back to this world.
One of those things is to judge all people, something that the Father is not going to do, but has given to the Son (Jesus). You deny that it is the Son who is going to Judge everyone (John 5:22) because you claim that only God will do that, but you are happy to allow Baha'u'llah to judge everyone.
22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son was God giving authority to Jesus to judge people and it applies to when Jesus lived and during the Dispensation of Jesus. Those verses read in context make that clear. Those verses say nothing about Jesus judging people after they have died.

John 5 NIV
19 Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed. 21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.
At the end of Mark 13, a Chapter about the coming of the Son of Man, Jesus gives us a parable
Mark 13:32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”

You no doubt do not see that the Master who goes away is going to return,,,,,,,,,,,,, not someone else.
And it is interesting also to notice that Baha'is have ceased to "Watch" for the return of the Master when the Master tells everyone to :Watch".
Who is the Master of the house?

Baha'is don't have to watch because we already know that Christ has returned and who He was.
It was the Christians who should have been watching when Christ returned, but since they had false expectations of what would happen when Christ returned they missed Christ when He returned.
You say some weird things, esp when we all know that Baha'u'llah claimed to be the return of Christ and that you have said the same yourself.
Baha'u'llah did not claim to be Jesus Christ. He claimed to be the return of the Spirit of Christ in another human being.

“O kings of Christendom! Heard ye not the saying of Jesus, the Spirit of God, “I go away, and come again unto you”? Wherefore, then, did ye fail, when He did come again unto you in the clouds of heaven, to draw nigh unto Him, that ye might behold His face, and be of them that attained His Presence? In another passage He saith: “When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 246

“This is, truly, that which the Spirit of God (Jesus Christ) hath announced, when He came with truth unto you, He with Whom the Jewish doctors disputed, till at last they perpetrated what hath made the Holy Spirit to lament, and the tears of them that have near access to God to flow….”
Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 19
Spoken like a true Baha'i, someone who believes it is a good thing that the gospel is denied and that the truth of the gospels is denied and that the person and work of the Comforter/Spirit of Truth/Holy Spirit (one person is John's gospel) is denied and Baha'u'llah takes the place of the Holy Spirit.
I do not deny the truth in the gospels.
I do not believe that Baha'u'llah takes the place of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Bounty of God and nobody takes the place of that.
Someone who denies the OT prophesies about Jesus, the Messiah, actually apply to Him but apply to Baha'u'llah instead.
I do not deny the OT prophecies that are about Jesus but clearly all the OT prophecies are not about Jesus since they were not fulfilled by Jesus.
Those OT prophecies that were not fulfilled by Jesus were fulfilled by Baha'u'llah.
Someone who through doing that has also denied who Jesus is and denied the gospel which was preaching in the OT. Someone who denies who Jesus is. Someone who denies Paul and most of what Jesus said and did. etc etc.
I do not deny who Jesus is but I do deny what Paul said about Jesus was.
Denying the Bible is not a good thing and/or twisting it around to mean sometimes the opposite of what it says is not a good thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Then I suggest you not deny what the Bible says about Jesus being NO MORE in this world and stop waiting for Jesus to return.
imo.................. and all this on the claims of someone who has no evidence in what he said and did that he fulfills the prophecies of the return of Jesus, and in fact, what he said and did shows that he fulfils the prophecies of a false Christ and false Prophet.
You are wrong about that.
The evidence for Baha'u'llah being who He claimed to be is what He said and did that fulfills the prophecies for the return of Christ.

Many of those prophecies are in this book.
BUT of course that fact is denied because Baha'is believe that we should not believe what the Bible tells us about the return of Christ, but that we should instead believe what Baha'u'llah tells us that the Bible means about the return of Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even when it is the opposite to what the Bible actually says.
No, we should believe what the Bible tells us regarding who will be the return of Christ, and when He comes we need to match that up with the person who claimed to be the return of Christ.

There is not one verse in the NT where Jesus says that He is going to return. All we have are the verses that say He is no more in the world and His work is finished here.

The verses that say we will see the Son of man coming in the clouds are not a reference to Jesus returning. I explained that in this thread I posted some time ago.
At least you admit that the what Shoghi said, that "divine inspiration of the gospel is fully recognised" is not true in Baha'is.
No, I do not admit that.

Last edited:

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I do not think that Baha'u'llah told us to love our enemies. Abdu'l-Baha said that but I do not agree with him.
I don't think that Baha'u'llah did either, but I believe that Abdu'l-Baha was right because He was the infallible interpreter of Baha'u'llah, which I know that you don't. It's not logical to you.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

In Shiite Islam Mohammad (s) and his family (a) were each the holy spirit which is inward position of Welayat.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The ambiguity is who held the position of the holy spirit before Isa (a). It was John (Yahya (a)) and so who holds it after before Mohammad (s) after Isa (a)? The answer it's Elijah (Elyas (a)). It's the philosophy there must be one holding the position of the holy spirit that Elijah (a) coming back was proven. If Isa (a) stayed on earth, it would be impossible to prove Elijah (a) came back.

The Welayat of the sword of God talked about by the saint and friend of God Paul, was held by Elijah (a) on earth and it was the means to understand the Gospels as Jesus (a) meant it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I do not deny the truths if Christianity, but I deny the falsehoods of Christianity.

You dance around when asked directly. At other times you claim that most of the New Testament is not true because most of the New Testament says things that Baha'i disagrees with and so most of Christianity, including the heart of it, is false.
This of course means that you do not know what Christianity is all about.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Here is another article that just came out that you and @Brian2 might want to read.

The article does not say much really. For example it does not address how Baha'u'llah could be the one whom Jesus is speaking about when He said that the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth would remind Jesus disciples of what Jesus had said to them (John 14:26) or how the Comforter, Spirit of Truth managed to dwell with Jesus disciples and be in them (John 14:15-17).
I guess the idea is to ignore those things which prove Baha'u'llah is not the Comforter/Spirit of Truth, and to concentrate on other things such as saying that the Comforter/Spirit of Truth must be a person because a spirit has not got ears to hear or a tongue to speak, and the Comforter/Spirit of Truth would need those things to do what Jesus said he would do. I suppose Baha'is don't realise that God is a spirit who hears and speaks.
OR saying that Baha'u'llah has glorified Jesus and exalted his cause.
But I suppose this is only true if you don't know how high the Bible puts Jesus and how low (in comparison) that Baha'u'llah puts Jesus. And really, to misrepresent the cause of Jesus and to say that this cause has ended, is not a good way to exalt the Cause of Jesus.
And to tell the nations of the world to unite in war and sanctions against any nation that wages war against their neighbour might achieve a sort of peace and might lead to one half of the world uniting against the other half and everyone destroying each other. This is what could happen now as the world follows what Baha'u'llah said.
What is really needed for world peace if for all nations to be united in agreement of the truth and who is the true ruler and for that ruler to take up His awsome power and rule.

Brian2

Veteran Member
In Shiite Islam Mohammad (s) and his family (a) were each the holy spirit which is inward position of Welayat.

In the Gospel of John, the Holy Spirit is the Advocate and Spirit of Truth promised by Jesus and which came to the disciples of Jesus at Pentecost (Acts 2) to dwell with them and be in them (John 14:15-17) and remind them of all that Jesus had said to them (John 14:26).
In other parts of the Bible we see that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ and is promised in the Old Testament by God to be given and be in Jews as part of the New Covenant which God would make with the Jews and now with anyone who has faith in Jesus.
It is through the Holy Spirit that the Father and the Son come and dwell with Christians and receive the gifts that God wants to give them and to adopt them and transform them to be like Christ.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't think that Baha'u'llah did either, but I believe that Abdu'l-Baha was right because He was the infallible interpreter of Baha'u'llah, which I know that you don't. It's not logical to you.
And now Abdu'l-Baha is infallible? That is so far over the top I have no more words.

Even if Abdu'l-Baha was the interpreter of what Baha'u'llah said, he (not He) was not infallible because he was only a man, not a Manifestation of God.
But most importantly, he cannot INTERPRET something that Baha'u'llah never said. What he did was ADD to what Baha'u'llah said, and he had no authority to do that.

If you want to believe the man-made Baha'i dogma go ahead, just count me out.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You dance around when asked directly. At other times you claim that most of the New Testament is not true because most of the New Testament says things that Baha'i disagrees with and so most of Christianity, including the heart of it, is false.
This of course means that you do not know what Christianity is all about.
I said: "I do not deny the truths if Christianity, but I deny the falsehoods of Christianity."
I was not talking about the New Testament, I was talking about the false doctrines of Christianity.

Whether most or all the New Testament is true or not has NOTHING to do with the Baha'i Faith.
That has been debated by scholars over many centuries.

I know what Christianity is all about. It is all about the man-made Christian doctrines which Christians call truth.
Christianity has very little to do with what Jesus actually taught.

The Basic Tenets of Christian Faith

1. Jesus Christ is the Only Way To Eternal Salvation With God the Father
2. We Are Saved by Grace Through Faith – Not by Works
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God
4. The Incarnation of Jesus Christ
5. Resurrection of Jesus Christ
6. The Ascension of Jesus Christ
7. The Doctrine of the Trinity
8. The Holy Bible is the Inspired and Infallible Word of God
9. Baptized With the Holy Spirit at Salvation
10. Renewed – Regenerated By Holy Spirit
11. The Doctrine of Hell
12. The Return of Jesus

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The article does not say much really. For example it does not address how Baha'u'llah could be the one whom Jesus is speaking about when He said that the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth would remind Jesus disciples of what Jesus had said to them (John 14:26) or how the Comforter, Spirit of Truth managed to dwell with Jesus disciples and be in them (John 14:15-17).
I guess the idea is to ignore those things which prove Baha'u'llah is not the Comforter/Spirit of Truth, and to concentrate on other things such as saying that the Comforter/Spirit of Truth must be a person because a spirit has not got ears to hear or a tongue to speak, and the Comforter/Spirit of Truth would need those things to do what Jesus said he would do. I suppose Baha'is don't realise that God is a spirit who hears and speaks.
OR saying that Baha'u'llah has glorified Jesus and exalted his cause.
But I suppose this is only true if you don't know how high the Bible puts Jesus and how low (in comparison) that Baha'u'llah puts Jesus. And really, to misrepresent the cause of Jesus and to say that this cause has ended, is not a good way to exalt the Cause of Jesus.
And to tell the nations of the world to unite in war and sanctions against any nation that wages war against their neighbour might achieve a sort of peace and might lead to one half of the world uniting against the other half and everyone destroying each other. This is what could happen now as the world follows what Baha'u'llah said.
What is really needed for world peace if for all nations to be united in agreement of the truth and who is the true ruler and for that ruler to take up His awsome power and rule.
You have free will so you are free to ignore or believe anything that your want to.

How high the Bible puts Jesus does not come from Jesus, it comes from the doctrines of Christianity, who made Jesus into who He never claimed to be.
It is a travesty of astronomical proportions.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to rule and establish an earthly kingdom. That is one of the false Christian doctrines. Jesus came to bear witness to the truth about God. Jesus accomplished that so there is no reason for Jesus to return to earth.

But if you want to go against with the Bible says that is your choice. Just don't say that I am the one who denies the Bible when you are the one doing that. ;)

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Christians believe that Jesus is the only way to come to God, and the only mediator between God and man, making Christianity the only true religion. This belief is based upon the following Bible verses.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus did not say that He was the only way to come to the Father for all of time, but that is what Christians believe. However, that makes no sense because we know that before Jesus walked the earth the Jews came to God by way of Moses, so why would Jesus suddenly become the only way for all time? Why couldn't Muslims come to God by way of Muhammad and Baha'is by way of Baha'u'llah, at a later time in history?

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Before Jesus walked the earth, Moses was a mediator between God and men, so why couldn't Muslims come to God by way of yet another mediator, Muhammad, and Baha'is by way of yet another mediator, Baha'u'llah?

This post is about if Jesus isn't the only way to come to God.

If Jesus isn't the only way to come to God that would mean that Christianity is not the only true religion.
In that case, I have two questions:

1) How would that make Christianity any less of a true religion?
2) How would that make Jesus any less of a Savior?

These questions are mainly directed at Christians, although anyone is welcome to answer them.

Thanks, Trailblazer :)
I certainly do not agree with the Christian claim that we need a mediator to approach God. I pray to God all the time without Jesus.

In Judaism, we develop our relationship with God through three means:
  • Torah (תורה): Refers to study, particularly of Jewish texts and teachings.
  • Avodah (עבודה): Refers to prayer and worship, including service to God.
  • Gemilut Chasadim (גמילות חסדים): Refers to acts of loving-kindness or good works.
This comes from the following passage:
Shimon HaTzaddik was from the remnants of the Great Assembly.
He used to say:
On three things the world stands.
On Torah,
On service [of God],
And on acts of human kindness.
I'm sure there are other faith traditions who may do the same in a different way. That's absolutely fine. No one needs to be Jewish.