• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a life after death.....

If there will be a life after Death....which one of the choices makes more sense:

• Our soul continues to live on, but we never get a physical body again

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Our soul comes back in another body, as in incarnation

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • There will be a physical Resurrection at the End, and we will come back to life

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is Unconditional Love. You will Discover this in time.
God's love seems extremely conditional. Violate His laws, or fail to believe in Him or His Son, and He will condemn you to an eternity of hideous torture. That doesn't sound very loving or compassionate to me.
It's very clear.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God's love seems extremely conditional. Violate His laws, or fail to believe in Him or His Son, and He will condemn you to an eternity of hideous torture. That doesn't sound very loving or compassionate to me.
It's very clear.
@Bird123 doesn't believe in the Bible, so he thinks God sets no conditions. He thinks that evil and good are all good and that there is no punishment for evil.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I push "post reply" and nothing happens. I try again, and again. Finally multiple posts appear.
Then I try to delete the repeated posts-- and nothing happens. i try again, and again. Nothing happens.
What's wrong with RF?
It's all messed up right now. Now I only post once and then I go to check and my post is there.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Life, it seems to me, is one state in which matter can be in this universe. And I rather think that we define "death" as pretty much the absence of life.

Therefore, the question posed in the OP doesn't make a lot of sense, unless the proposal is that one life exists, and is followed by the cessation of life (death), then there is another life. Not the same life -- the life that died doesn't "bet to be again," but rather is replaced by some other life, but some means unexplained.

The real questioning underlining the OP therefore seems to me to be "do we get our own life back?" And if we don't what does it matter to us? Anything that comes after won't be "us."

Bird123

..and you are greater than Jesus and Muhammad, peace be with them? :confused:
All God's children are Equal whether homeless and starving or the richest man in the world.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jesus never wrote anything. I lack true knowledge of Jesus because I have had no interaction with Jesus. On the other hand, those that wrote about Jesus never really Understood God at all.

Am I right? Muhammad wrote his own stuff. Clearly, that holy book doesn't Understand God at all. It too reflects mankind valuing and teaching the petty things mankind holds so dear. It is not God!!

Do I have Understanding of God greater than many? I would say so. I have spent many years studying God, God's actions, God's system and even had interaction with God. Do I want people to Belief? No, People should not value Beliefs like religion teaches. I think everyone is capable of Discovering the Truth for themselves. I gladly place Real Truth in the world. I gladly point where one can Discover for oneself.

People should feel free to choose for themselves what they seek. Life isn't about seeking God. I have always been one who had to know the Real Truth. That is why my journey to find out the Real Truth started to begin with. On the other hand, I have found many things to seek. Knowledge exists around us all. I have found that since God holds the sum of all knowledge, everything leads one to God. Be who you must! It's a part of the plan!!

God's greatest moment is when that light bulb goes off over someone's head and they Understand. This can be about any subject!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

muhammad_isa

All God's children are Equal whether homeless and starving or the richest man in the world..
Paradise is not a communist state. People are equal, as in entitled to the same basic
human rights .. but we are not born equal in all respects, and have different status,
according to family .. education .. profession .. sex .. intentions and effort etc. etc.

..those that wrote about Jesus never really Understood God at all.
..oh really, so you were there in the 1st. century AD? Is that how you know?

Muhammad wrote his own stuff..
Err .. no. The Qur'an was recited daily and memorised 'from the word go'.
Muhammad, peace be with him, did not claim to be its author.

People should feel free to choose for themselves what they seek..
Of course they should .. a 'forced belief', is no belief at all !

Bird123

It's very clear.
So much is said about God that simply isn't true. You are smart. THINK! God is a Being capable of creating universes. Do the actions you speak of reflect High Intelligence? Don't those actions really reflect mankind who values so many petty things. Mankind likes laws,
controls, ruling, manipulating, intimidating, coercing, threatening. When this doesn't work they use fear to gain followers. Mankind likes to destroy that which isn't shaped or fixed to their liking.

OK, You make the free choice. Who is God and who is mankind?

The answer is so simple. It stares us all in the face.

Bird123

@Bird123 doesn't believe in the Bible, so he thinks God sets no conditions. He thinks that evil and good are all good and that there is no punishment for evil.
What is more important punishment and payback or fixing the problem?
You might hate and condemn bad choices, however people who make them are learning from their choices. Should people hate and condemn you for your bad choices or should they help you see the road to Discovering where the Best choices live?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do I have Understanding of God greater than many? I would say so. I have spent many years studying God, God's actions, God's system and even had interaction with God.
All I can say to that is "incredible!" I think everyone but you will know why I said that.
I need to go for more coffee now.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So much is said about God that simply isn't true. You are smart. THINK! God is a Being capable of creating universes. Do the actions you speak of reflect High Intelligence? Don't those actions really reflect mankind who values so many petty things. Mankind likes laws,
controls, ruling, manipulating, intimidating, coercing, threatening. When this doesn't work they use fear to gain followers. Mankind likes to destroy that which isn't shaped or fixed to their liking.

OK, You make the free choice. Who is God and who is mankind?

The answer is so simple. It stares us all in the face.

Yes, I know such behavior by the author of the universe seems senseless, but that's exactly how he's depicted in the Bible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, I know such behavior by the author of the universe seems senseless, but that's exactly how he's depicted in the Bible.
controls, ruling, manipulating, intimidating, coercing, threatening -- is not how God is depicted in the Bible....
That is just what @Bird123 believes is depicted in the Bible.

Bird123

Paradise is not a communist state. People are equal, as in entitled to the same basic
human rights .. but we are not born equal in all respects, and have different status,
according to family .. education .. profession .. sex .. intentions and effort etc. etc.

Paradise is not being dependent and able to create a Heavenly state for oneself and others.
People are all equal. On the other hand, parameters of each life are different to fit the lessons which will lead to the ability to create that Heavenly state for oneself and others.

One can choose to think they are better than others, however when one Understands all sides, one will Discover that is not so.

I was not there in 1st AD, however their writings tell the tale. It is not from God.

Thanks for the correction about Muhammad. If things were recited and repeated, how many changes came along that path? Just like the Bible, the Qur'an speaks for itself. It clearly does not come from God. Those holy books contain and teach so many of the petty things mankind holds so dear. That is not God!!

Just like Jesus, I have no real knowledge about Muhammad. If the writings are correct about Jesus and Muhammad, then they did not really Understand God at all either. If the writings are wrong, then judgment calls about what is must wait for more information.

Is a threatened, intimidated, or coerce belief a belief at all? I ran into a world war 2 veteran years ago and asked: Who could ever follow Hitler? He said if you tell someone something long enough, one will believe anything whether it is true or not. How long have those religious stories been repeated? How many started hearing them at a very young age? How many were taught to value Beliefs above all else? How many would question and fight to Discover the Real Truth when so much of religion simply does not add up? How many were taught not to question starting at a very young age??

Now, you should not question God, Right? Wrong!!! God wants you to question everything. The only ones who do not want you to question are those who do not want you to know the Real Truth. To Question is the start on the journey to Discovery. God wants and expects everyone to question everything!!! God want all His children to acquire Great Knowledge and Great Wisdom. You will never get there without those Questions. God hides nothing. All the secrets of God and the universe stare us all in the face. Who can see and Discover? Who merely wants Beliefs. In time, beliefs will fall away in favor of Knowing what Is.

Bird123

Paradise is not being dependent and able to create a Heavenly state for oneself and others.
People are all equal. On the other hand, parameters of each life are different to fit the lessons which will lead to the ability to create that Heavenly state for oneself and others.

One can choose to think they are better than others, however when one Understands all sides, one will Discover that is not so.

I was not there in 1st AD, however their writings tell the tale. It is not from God.

Thanks for the correction about Muhammad. If things were recited and repeated, how many changes came along that path? Just like the Bible, the Qur'an speaks for itself. It clearly does not come from God. Those holy books contain and teach so many of the petty things mankind holds so dear. That is not God!!

Just like Jesus, I have no real knowledge about Muhammad. If the writings are correct about Jesus and Muhammad, then they did not really Understand God at all either. If the writings are wrong, then judgment calls about what is must wait for more information.

Is a threatened, intimidated, or coerce belief a belief at all? I ran into a world war 2 veteran years ago and asked: Who could ever follow Hitler? He said if you tell someone something long enough, one will believe anything whether it is true or not. How long have those religious stories been repeated? How many started hearing them at a very young age? How many were taught to value Beliefs above all else? How many would question and fight to Discover the Real Truth when so much of religion simply does not add up? How many were taught not to question starting at a very young age??

Now, you should not question God, Right? Wrong!!! God wants you to question everything. The only ones who do not want you to question are those who do not want you to know the Real Truth. To Question is the start on the journey to Discovery. God wants and expects everyone to question everything!!! God want all His children to acquire Great Knowledge and Great Wisdom. You will never get there without those Questions. God hides nothing. All the secrets of God and the universe stare us all in the face. Who can see and Discover? Who merely wants Beliefs. In time, beliefs will fall away in favor of Knowing what Is.

Bird123

All I can say to that is "incredible!" I think everyone but you will know why I said that.
I need to go for more coffee now.
More coffee? Does it keep you up at night? Don't let it bother you. I have pointed you to a good starting point where you can Discover for yourself. It has always been within your hands!!

Bird123

Let me know when you have figured out how to fix the problem of people who commit heinous crimes.
No, unconditional love does not fix the problem, it only worsens the problem.
Who works at Discovering the underlying causes of crime? In order to solve any problem one must first define the problem and Discover the underlying causes. Problems never go away until they are solved. Solutions to problems take work and not just throwing the petty things mankind holds so dear at them. What are you teaching the children?

Bird123

No, most criminals are not learning from their choices. Otherwise there would not be so many repeat offenders.
People do change, however not at the rate you demand. Who is helping them to change? Aren't they just locked away? Does trying to alter the actions of others through pain really work? What are you teaching the children?

You get what you give. What are you giving?