• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If We All Became Atheists?

PureX

Veteran Member
I find it very strange that someone would so surely believe that "God did it" and then reject the very mechanisms that God used to "do it".

On the other hand, it's just as strange to me that one would reject the idea that some transcendent mystery source "must have made it possible" while constantly touting the amazingly complex systems and mechanisms that have resulted in so much complexity, variety, and possibility (supposedly from nothing and for no reason).

Both positions are self-blinding and quite devoid of logic or reason.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Interesting. I have not seen such a data or facts.
Odd that it is taught in schools. How did you miss it? And it is readily available for free in books and the internet, so you have no excuse except your religious bias.
I think that is ridiculous claim.
But you are not well informed, so of course you have no way to make any such judgment. Try studying first, then assess.
I don't think we have any real evidence for that. On the contrary, all that we know, indicates the opposite, humans and animals are degenerating, becoming less than what they were once. Examples of this are all the mutations that show DNA is disintegrating slowly and also all other atrophies.
Your posts reveal a serious lack of knowledge, so when you are confused about science it is no wonder. The well educated understand the science. The ignorant remain confused, as you are.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
7% of the world is atheist and 70% of the world believes in an afterlife, so it will never happen, but if we all did become atheist I think the world would be a very sad place.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I was a christian for 18 years and I did not choose to become an atheist. What unconvinced me was realizing the evidence that convinced me god was real was flawed in many ways. I could no longer believe, it was not a choice.
I was a nonbeliever for 17 years and then I chose to become a Baha'i.
What convinced me was the evidence. If the Baha'i Faith was true, then God existed.
I could no longer disbelieve, it was not a choice.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We can find plenty of entirely made-up gods in fiction. They're still gods even though they're fictional.
They are not real Gods, they are fictional gods.
The difference is that a real God exists whereas fictional gods to not exist.

Fictional characters or events occur only in stories, plays, or films and never actually existed or happened. It is drama featuring fictional characters. Ulverton is a fictional village on the Wessex Downs. Synonyms: imaginary, made-up, invented, legendary More Synonyms of fictional.4 days ago
FICTIONAL definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So the Ahmadi's concept of peace is to convert everyone to Islam and unite the Islamic world.
Only to accept, if one is convinced heart and soul, that is why we Ahmadiyya believe in peaceful dialogue with reasonable arguments, Atheism (et al) are no exception, right, please?
Ahmad 1835-1908 wrote a book named "Barahin-e-Ahmadiyya" consisting of five volumes and gave many and concrete arguments against those who don't believe in OneG-d, please, right?:
Barahin-e-Ahmadiyya Parts I & II
Barahin-e-Ahmadiyya Part III
Barahin-e-Ahmadiyya Part IV
Barahin-e-Ahmadiyya Part V

Right?

Regards

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
All gods are fictional. That does not, however, mean they are not actual.
If they are fictional they cannot be actual.

Fictional characters or events occur only in stories, plays, or films and never actually existed or happened. It is drama featuring fictional characters. Ulverton is a fictional village on the Wessex Downs. Synonyms: imaginary, made-up, invented, legendary More Synonyms of fictional.4 days ago
FICTIONAL definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

Betho_br

Ahmad 1835-1908 wrote a book named "Barahin-e-Ahmadiyya" consisting of five volumes and gave many and concrete arguments against those who don't believe in OneG-d, please, right?:

Right?

Regards
I will read this...

This book, on the other hand, proves the divine origin of Islam and the superiority of the teachings of Islam over all religions and establishes the authenticity of the Holy Quran through comprehensive investigation.

Quote from the first book. I thought he was going to argue and give proof of the existence of God, but maybe this is later in the books.

Last edited:

Betho_br

Right?

Regards
One of the arguments of the first book is that unlike Jesus who did not have assistants to directly write his messages, the prophet Muhammad had and was considered to have low education and the Quran is in fact a book of great erudition, however, Muhammad was not illiterate . As he worked in commerce, he certainly had rudimentary knowledge of writing. The idea that he was illiterate is not accepted by investigators.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent

Innovative creatures, humans are, technology driven and rapid in development...hostile creatures they are known to be, also.

We watch sometimes .... Like kids discovering a new toy in their first box of cracker Jacks. I get excited over the little things. When I found out a new storage case had handles placed in a sensible location and discovering them to be more durable than most, I was happy enough about it to buy more. Oh, and clouds still form into cool pictures and silhouettes up top. I'm a kid at heart. We're still animals, though.

RestlessSoul

What do animals live like? What is "animal level?"

I suspect that animals are more immersed in both nature and the now than we humans, since they (probably) lack the capacity for abstract thought which seems to cause in us a degree of separation from our immediate context. It seems to me also, that this is the real meaning of the story of Adam and Eve and the apple..,