• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we ask God for Proof we must be content with one proof.

Is One Proof Sufficient?

• Yes one proof would satisfy me?

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No, I would need more than one proof?

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Maybe, I will offer my reasoning.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not see this would prove anything.

• There is a problem, many magicians do this.

• Other reasons. (Share if you like)

• Total voters

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Written as if it’s a fact. But it isn’t.
Maybe not TB, but other believers in God I certainly would think that they would claim to know for a fact that God is real. If they don't believe it for a fact, then why are they obeying the rules of their religion?

But even Baha'is give up everything to go off to some other place to go preach that "Christ has returned." I gotta believe it's more than just "faith" in a belief that it might be true. They know it's true and some have given their lives claiming it's true.

Now the sad thing is... Christians have done the same thing. So, do either the Baha'is or Christians really know it's true for a fact? In support of TB's position... No they don't. They just let themselves believe it is true and factual... Kind of like getting brainwashed.

I just read another one of TB's posts, saying that God deniers will find out when they die? So, that sure sounds like she believes God is real and true and the "fact" is... we will all find out that he is real when we die. I gotta believe that religious people say it, claim it, and state it, as if it's a fact.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Maybe not TB, but other believers in God I certainly would think that they would claim to know for a fact that God is real.
It is not a fact because it has not been proven to be true, but that does not mean it is not true.
If they don't believe it for a fact, then why are they obeying the rules of their religion?
It does not need to be a fact in order to be true. That is what you and @F1fan do not understand.

Audie

Veteran Member
Maybe not TB, but other believers in God I certainly would think that they would claim to know for a fact that God is real. If they don't believe it for a fact, then why are they obeying the rules of their religion?

But even Baha'is give up everything to go off to some other place to go preach that "Christ has returned." I gotta believe it's more than just "faith" in a belief that it might be true. They know it's true and some have given their lives claiming it's true.

Now the sad thing is... Christians have done the same thing. So, do either the Baha'is or Christians really know it's true for a fact? In support of TB's position... No they don't. They just let themselves believe it is true and factual... Kind of like getting brainwashed.

I just read another one of TB's posts, saying that God deniers will find out when they die? So, that sure sounds like she believes God is real and true and the "fact" is... we will all find out that he is real when we die. I gotta believe that religious people say it, claim it, and state it, as if it's a fact.
The boys of 911 clearly knew for a
fact etc.
Going off to preach doesn't take
remotely that much courage and conviction

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The oneness of God.
The oneness of humanity.
The oneness of religion.
Religion as a school.
Equality of women and men.
Harmony of religion and science.
Universal compulsory education.
Universal auxiliary language.
That is the Abrahamic view. Hinduism and other religions have many Gods and Goddesses. This alone breaks the unity of humans that is claimed.
How come then, the LGBTQ are an affront to your God?
You are being autocratic. There are many religions. Some who do not accept the existence of any God. You dislike those?
Religion should not be a school where only one view is taught.
Then, why no female members in your House of Justice?
Science does not say that God created the universe. You say that. So, where is harmony?
Compulsory? That depends on availability of school buildings, teachers and infrastructure*?
The last definitely is a foolish thought. Something that only a chair philosopher can declare. Esperanto?
Bahaollah sitting in his Accra mansion and declaring it does not mean anything. Any one can do that.

*Nations try to do it. It takes time and effort. Here is the Indian story:
Literacy-rates-of-India-1951-2011.png

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
That is the Abrahamic view. Hinduism and other religions have many Gods and Goddesses. This alone breaks the unity of humans that is claimed.
How come then, the LGBTQ are an affront to your God?
You are being autocratic. There are many religions. Some who do not accept the existence of any God. You dislike those?
Religion should not be a school where only one view is taught.
Then, why no female members in your House of Justice?
Science does not say that God created the universe. You say that. So, where is harmony?
Compulsory? That depends on availability of school buildings, teachers and infrastructure*?
The last definitely is a foolish thought. Something that only a chair philosopher can declare. Esperanto?
Bahaollah sitting in his Accra mansion and declaring it does not mean anything. Any one can do that.

*Nations try to do it. It takes time and effort. Here is the Indian story:
View attachment 96955
Obviously you have lots of question's to ask of God.

It appears that you may have issues with picking just one proof though.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, Baha'u'llah was not God and He never claimed to be God.

Instead of pursuing a life of power and leisure, Bahá'u'lláh chose to devote His energies to a range of philanthropies which had, by the early 1840s, earned Him renown as "father of the poor."
"Father of the poor" - The Life of Bahá'u'lláh
Bahaollah was unjust to women and LGBTQ. Really your God is unfair to them, why blame Bahaollah? He was saying what his God wanted.
Bahaollah was well-provided by his followers. He had all the power and leisure as the leader of his group. Had he been a government official, he would have had to listen to his superiors (he was not being made the Wazier of Iran), and even face the possibility of an instant removal if the Shah so desired. He was not being offered the local administrative powers because of his own achievements, but because his father was one at a time and the family was respectable. Otherwise Bahaollah was uneducated. As a religious teacher, he had no such limitations. Even his progeny lead the Bahais from 1892 to 1957 when Allah terminated his line. You are welcome to give any title of your choice to Bahaollah or his progeny.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Mostly people ask genuinely, only when life has gotten so bad, that it is they they will cry from the heart.
Has he ever helped people? What about people in Ukraine or Gaza? What about people who have suffered in tsunamies, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, droughts, typhoons, tornadoes, diseases like Covid?

QuestioningMind

What is irrational is to think that a God could ever be verified to exist, given the nature of God.

But if you cannot believe in a God that cannot be verified that's fine. It will only mean that you can't believe in God.
That makes as much sense as saying it's irrational to think that magical pixies could ever be verified to exist, given the nature of magical pixies. Why would I want to believe in something that can't be verified? Just because it makes me feel good? I don't have any desire to believe things just because they make me feel good. I care about only believing in things that are true.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Do you think you could be content with one proof?

Not for a critical thinker. A critical thinker will always come up with a way to question any offered proof and seek to test it in numerous scenarios.

Though I suppose if a God came along who was able to pass every possible test of divinity that could possibly be thrown at them, even a critical thinker may grudgingly start to accept their divinity.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What is not a fact is known as 'fiction'.
What is not a fact might be true.

For example, before the planet Pluto was discovered in 1930, it was not a fact that Pluto existed, but Pluto existed was true.
Likewise it might be true that God exists and sends messengers is true even it it is not a fact.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That makes as much sense as saying it's irrational to think that magical pixies could ever be verified to exist, given the nature of magical pixies. Why would I want to believe in something that can't be verified? Just because it makes me feel good? I don't have any desire to believe things just because they make me feel good. I care about only believing in things that are true.
Why would you expect something to be verified it it is unverifiable? That makes no sense at all.

I never said that you should believe in something that can't be verified?
I said : But if you cannot believe in a God that cannot be verified that's fine. It will only mean that you can't believe in God.

Nobody should ever believe in God just because it feels good. They should only believe in things that are true.
People should look at the evidence for God in order to determine if it is true that God exists.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Then you have a chance to ask. That is what the OP is about. You even get to choose what you ask for.

If you do, it will have to be done in sincerity with honesty and justice in mind and intent.

Regards Tony
I don't know what to ask for, because - as I said - I haven't been given a definition that allows me to.

Also, perhaps more importantly, if you actually have proof, you could just give it without letting me guess the question first.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Has he ever helped people? What about people in Ukraine or Gaza? What about people who have suffered in tsunamies, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, droughts, typhoons, tornadoes, diseases like Covid?
People tend to happily / shamelessly claim that "god miraculously saved" that one guy's cancer or whatever after praying, while at the same time blatantly ignoring the millions upon millions of people who died in great agony while praying for being saved.

They'll also happily ignore the fact that expert doctors were treating the guy's cancer.