• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intelligence: A turn-on?

Is intelligence a turn-on for you?

• Yes, it's a turn-on. I am a male.

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Yes, it's a turn-on. I am a female.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Yes, it's a turn-on. I am gender-neutral.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • No, it's a turn-off. I am a male.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a turn-off. I am a female.

• No, it's a turn-off. I am gender-neutral.

• Other/no effect/not applicable. I am a male.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Other/no effect/not applicable. I am a female.

• Other/no effect/not applicable. I am gender-neutral.

• Total voters

Me Myself

Back to my username
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461173 said:
I meant "bad boy". My b.

(warning, shameless guess)

Midlife crisis? desire to feel young? (which they may characterized by making stupid irresponsible decisions? :D )

Exploring a neglected side of them? adveture? adrenaline?

Guilt cause they diserve it cause they been such bad naughty girls :flirt:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461173 said:
I meant "bad boy". My b.

A friend who claimed to have lost count of how many women he'd been to bed with, once tried to persuade me there were only two types of men that women were attracted to: Bad men and providers. The bad men had the spice of danger. The providers would support and take care of the woman.

Me Myself

Back to my username
A friend who claimed to have lost count of how many women he'd been to bed with, once tried to persuade me there were only two types of men that women were attracted to: Bad men and providers. The bad men had the spice of danger. The providers would support and take care of the woman.

heh, sounds like the "mother of your kids" vs "spice sex **** lover in bed" mentality.

Another great example of how false dichotomies hurt people.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
false dichotomies

Yeah, it was false. He told me I didn't come across as either a bad man or a provider, so I should pick one or the other and then project it. But if I didn't, I would never attract the womensfolk.

Well, in those days, most of my friends were 25 or more years younger than me. And I was celibate, so I wasn't interested in trying my luck with any of the women. Nevertheless, now and then someone would hit on me. Which nicely disproved his theory!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461196 said:
How can I stay aware of these false dichotomies?

Most attempts to make humans fit a dichotomy turn out false.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In dating and relationships, does an intelligent partner turn you on or off, or neither?

(Poll also asks for your gender. Choose whichever one you identify as.)

I consider it essential rather than just a turn on, so I voted that it's a turn on, as an understatement.

Me Myself

Back to my username
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461196 said:
How can I stay aware of these false dichotomies?

Good question, I am not sure of the answer :eek:

Maybe just by continually asking yourself the question "Is it possible to be both?" and "where is s/he a bad boy where is s/he a good provider?" .

He might be a good provider of money and a bad provider of excitement. Maybe he is an excellent provider of both. He might be a "bad boy" in bed by assuming a role, but a "good boy" when you need him to be.

I think with people they rarely fit a singular label in all stages of their life, and when people talk about label generally have specific things in mind.

If someone says someone is nice , ask him hw did he got that impression, that way you find out what is nice to him. Etc.

I guess , in general, do the thing people call "thinking too much" :eek:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I think it also depends on someones attitude. If someone is pompous or arrogant even if intelligent that is a turn off.

Yeah, this is also important. An arrogant intelligent person would be annoying rather than attractive. Arrogance and big ego in general are a turn off for me.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think it also depends on someones attitude. If someone is pompous or arrogant even if intelligent that is a turn off.

I think no singular trait can make someone sexy.

You generally need more than one.

Unless of course, the trait is "sexy"

:D

Me Myself

Back to my username
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461268 said:
I think Japanese women are sexy, just for being Japanese. Is that okay? Same goes for Latina women.

Is it impossible to you to see a non sexy japenese or latina woman?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461268 said:
I think Japanese women are sexy, just for being Japanese.

Would you elaborate please?

Me Myself

Back to my username
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461336 said:
Impossible, nah. I should have just said that Japanese and Latina women are the sexiest.

Then this trait alone does not make a woman sexy for you.