• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intelligence: A turn-on?

Is intelligence a turn-on for you?

• Yes, it's a turn-on. I am a male.

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Yes, it's a turn-on. I am a female.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Yes, it's a turn-on. I am gender-neutral.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • No, it's a turn-off. I am a male.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a turn-off. I am a female.

• No, it's a turn-off. I am gender-neutral.

• Other/no effect/not applicable. I am a male.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Other/no effect/not applicable. I am a female.

• Other/no effect/not applicable. I am gender-neutral.

• Total voters

Me Myself

Back to my username
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461340 said:
I find good looking Japanese and Latina women to be really sexy.

Now you used more than one trait again :p

There are probably ways in which good looking latina women or japenese women wouldnt be sexy to you. For example, if you married one of those and had a little girl that would grow up to be a good looking japenese or latina woman, you wouldnt find her sexual arousing.

One single trait rarely is able to make someone sexy all alone. They can make someone sexier though depending on trait and context.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461340 said:
I find good looking Japanese and Latina women to be really sexy.

My second wife was Japanese.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3461355 said:
Woah! What happened, brah?

She suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder. The problems it caused couldn't be overcome.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think if I went out with someone who was not at least intellectually average, they would have a hard time understanding me, and I might even have a hard time understanding them.

I don't mean understanding words. I mean understanding the reasons behind actions, values, wants, and needs.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I think if I went out with someone who was not at least intellectually average, they would have a hard time understanding me, and I might even have a hard time understanding them.

I don't mean understanding words. I mean understanding the reasons behind actions, values, wants, and needs.

Yeah, besides intelligence being attractive, I wouldn't be able to relate to someone who I couldn't hold deep conversation with; its literally like being from different worlds. I guess I would say depth is more important that intellect in general, then.

Kerr

Its a turn on. Well, kind of, I dont get sexually aroused by an intelligent woman. But I find it very attractive :yes:.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Its a turn on. Well, kind of, I dont get sexually aroused by an intelligent woman. But I find it very attractive :yes:.

Now this ^ is what I had been tryng to say, and you say it so well summarized and nice and cool :eek:

Kerr

Growing up, I thought a girl's intelligence the most important thing to me.

Whoring around after puberty, I thought a woman's intelligence the most important thing to me.

Getting married, both times I thought my wive's intelligence the most important thing to me.

I then met the woman I hired as my secretary. Time went by, and I realized she was far and away less intelligent than I'd thought when I hired her.

I also realized she was kinder than I'd thought when I'd hired her.

Fact is, she taught me, as no one else had, to value in a person kindness more than brains.
Brains might be attractive, but its not the only thing that matters. Kindness and compassion are very attractive as well :D.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Happy woman are mighty attractive.

I think it attracts me more than brains. Just someone that you feel smiles because she feels it and enjoys what she does.

Enjoying what you do and doing what you enjoy is the ultimate smarts IMHO

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
Happy woman are mighty attractive.
Might have something to do with the statistic that married people are (on average) happier: ignore the conclusion everyone seemed to jump to, that marriage makes you happier, instead consider that you're more likely to want to be with someone who's happy :)

On-topic: while I wouldn't go so far as to describe intelligence as a turn-on all by itself (I'm not sure that an intellectual discussion with a brain in a jar on the desk would be that stimulating, no matter how intelligent it was), but I do find the opposite to be true: stupidity is a huge turn-off.

Wirey

Fartist
Anyone can trick a moron into screwing around. It takes skill to bag a brainiac.

Ladies, how you doin'?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyone can trick a moron into screwing around. It takes skill to bag a brainiac.
Ladies, how you doin'?
Barsh! Flimshaw!
Brainiac gals are just as easy, so long as their brains are flooded with those mentally debilitating girlie hormones.
The trick is that the guy should avoid seeming too dumb for her cuz that might be a turn-off for some.
I recommend saying smart things periodically during the boink, eg, "What gorgeous phalanges you have!", "E equals MC something!".

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On-topic: while I wouldn't go so far as to describe intelligence as a turn-on all by itself (I'm not sure that an intellectual discussion with a brain in a jar on the desk would be that stimulating, no matter how intelligent it was), but I do find the opposite to be true: stupidity is a huge turn-off.

Well, a boob all by itself on the desk wouldn't be stimulating neither. At least, i hope so.

The point is, intelligence is pretty important, but it can't carry things on it's own. It can make a pretty big difference, however. In some cases, the difference can reach the point where it's lack would be a very serious turn off.

I can't recall one time i've been really attracted to someone who i didn't find to be also pretty intelligent.