• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Man hospitalized after run-in with Ecorse police - Fox 2 News Headlines

This guy was tackled and beaten to protect him from a drive-by shooting that happened after he was tackled and beaten.

Obviously no one believes their excuse for breaking this guys face, but no need to worry, the police involved are under investigation by an independent group..... of police.
So I'm sure justice will be served.
Putting your hands up in the air is a threatening gesture, so the police responded
quickly & according to procedures. Then, sensing a drive by shooting was imminent,
they continued to protect him by making his profile lower (truncheons help achieve
this), & protecting him by piling their own bodies on him. He's just ungrateful for their
heroic service.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A piggy in NY guy in a choke hold, the guy was killed, and the medical examiner determined his death to be a homicide.
NYPD Chokehold Death a Homicide, Medical Examiner Rules - ABC News
The death of a Staten Island man who was put into an apparent choke hold by the New York Police Department was ruled a homicide today by the city's medical examiner.
The incident provoked outrage last month after a witness filmed New York Police Department cops placing Eric Garner in what appeared to be a chokehold while arresting Garner for selling cigarettes illegally. Garner, who was 6-foot-3 and 350 pounds, could be heard saying that he could not breathe.

The New York City Medical Examiner ruled that the cause of death was "compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest, and prone positioning during physical restraint by police."
They said that acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypersensitive cardiovascular disease were "contributing conditions" but still ruled the manner of death a "homicide."

The District Attorney's office said it had seen the medical examiner's results and the investigation was ongoing. No charges have yet been filed in the death.

... The city's police union, the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, released a strongly-worded statement saying that if Garner hadn't resisted arrest his death would not have occurred. They also called for a full "analysis" of Garner's death, citing his health problems.
"Police Officers don’t start their days expecting or wanting something like this to occur in the performance of their duties," PBA president Patrick J. Lynch said. “The ME’s report indicates that Mr. Garner was a man with serious health problems so there will have to be a complete and thorough analysis of all the factors that played a part in this tragedy."
"We believe, however, that if he had not resisted the lawful order of the police officers placing him under arrest, this tragedy would not have occurred," the statement said.
So apparently if you have bad health, it might be a green flag for the cops to kill you if they think you are resisting.

Shadow Wolf

More killer cops:
Married Oklahoma police officers accused of killing daughter's boyfriend
(Reuters) - Two married Tulsa police officers are being held in jail in connection with the alleged murder of their daughter's boyfriend, officials said on Thursday.
Shannon Kepler, 54, is in the Tulsa County jail accused of first degree murder in the fatal shooting of Jeremy Lake, the 19-year-old boyfriend of the Keplers' daughter, Lisa Kepler, according to police and jail records.
Shannon Kepler got into a discussion with his daughter outside of his vehicle late on Tuesday night and then Lake stepped up introduce himself, according to a police affidavit.
He then shot Lake two or three times, fled in his vehicle and later turned himself in, the affidavit said.

And people wonder why I just do not like dealing with the police.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmmm....to be frisked & threatened...& then meet Obama?
This is heaping indignity upon punishment.

Shadow Wolf

Why there isn't a massive social outcry over all these killer pigs is beyond me. As a nation, we should all be outraged and gathered outside city halls and police stations with our torches and pitch forks.
Michael Brown shooting: Unarmed black Missouri teen shot after altercation, police say - CBS News
FERGUSON, Mo. - An unarmed 18-year-old black man was shot and killed by police in suburban St. Louis after an altercation that involved two people and an officer, authorities said Sunday while hundreds of protesters demanded answers outside.
Police are asking the community to stay calm and allow the investigation to proceed. (Of course the guilty party wants people to stay calm)
The St. Louis County Police are in charge of the investigation. (This should not be allowed, a disinterested group should investigate)

[youtube]iu2pSHFwRyo[/youtube]
Rage Against The Machine - **** The Police - YouTube

freethinker44

Why there isn't a massive social outcry over all these killer pigs is beyond me. As a nation, we should all be outraged and gathered outside city halls and police stations with our torches and pitch forks.
Michael Brown shooting: Unarmed black Missouri teen shot after altercation, police say - CBS News

There is social outcry in Ferguson. Protesting, rioting, even at town hall meetings and the police stations. BUT, they're making it into a race issue instead of a police state issue and completely missing the point.

Shadow Wolf

There is social outcry in Ferguson. Protesting, rioting, even at town hall meetings and the police stations. BUT, they're making it into a race issue instead of a police state issue and completely missing the point.
It's very understandable to approach it as a race issue. George Zimmerman was acquitted, as was the loud music killer, and recently in New York City a black man was executed by a cop. It's not new and it has been going on for years. And there really are people who believe that someone with black skin is going to be more violent just because they are black, which undoubtedly is in the minds of those screaming this is a race issue.
But, yes, it is missing the larger point that this is an issue of systematic police corruption, brutality, and inexcusable legal leniency given to the guilty. These are the people who take an oath to serve and protect, to uphold the law, yet more and more of them are becoming judge, jury, and executioner and have no interest in upholding the law or protecting and serving the public. The outrage should not just be where these unjust executions are happening, but in every city big enough to have a police force.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Can't say too much, since I and others have been involved in the protests in Ferguson. It's close to my hometown, and I have friends in that neighborhood. Friends who have pictures and video. Friends who continue to be tear-gassed and rubber-bulleted. Friends who keep trying to hold candlelight vigils for Michael Brown and are met with police in riot gear and dogs surrounding them. They begin to pray and chant, and keep getting tear-gassed. No shots fired by anyone. People approaching the police with hands up constantly to show they are unarmed but unafraid to stand up to law enforcement.

This incident has ripped much of the community apart.

It's been a rough week so far.

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Can't say too much, since I and others have been involved in the protests in Ferguson. It's close to my hometown, and I have friends in that neighborhood. Friends who have pictures and video. Friends who continue to be tear-gassed and rubber-bulleted. Friends who keep trying to hold candlelight vigils for Michael Brown and are met with police in riot gear and dogs surrounding them. They begin to pray and chant, and keep getting tear-gassed. No shots fired by anyone. People approaching the police with hands up constantly to show they are unarmed but unafraid to stand up to law enforcement.

This incident has ripped much of the community apart.

It's been a rough week so far.

What's this ferguson issue you guys speak of?

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What's this ferguson issue you guys speak of?

17-year-old Michael Brown was shot 9 times by a police officer, while kneeling, and with his hands up. His body in a pool of his blood laid out uncovered on the road for the whole neighborhood to see for 5 hours. His grandmother was the first family member to find out what happened by seeing him out in the road. I hear his parents voices over and over in my head pleading for the violence to stop.

Due process be damned.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Breaking news on crime & courts - breakingnews.com

Two journalist in Ferguson Illinois were working in McDonald's and charging their phones when SWAT officers came in. After talking with the manager they left out then came back in and said they were shutting the McDonald's down for the evening and began telling people to leave. One of the reporters (Ryan J. Reilly) of the Huffington Post was apparently not packing fast enough when one SWAT officer start giving him a one minute count down and calling out the time in 10 second intervals....since the reporter wasn't packing fast enough for the officer the officer began grabbing the reporter's stuff and shoving in the bags...as the reporter was attempting to ask for the officer's name and badge number that's when the officer arrested him applying a thumb pressure to the reporter's neck......

We are truly living in a police state when officers dressed in paramilitary outfits come into a privately owned business to shut it down, assaults citizens, gives them arbitrary count downs in order to make them comply..and arrest them if the citizen attempts to make them accountable for their actions.....

WOW!!!!!!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I don't usually ask of this, but can y'all send some good thoughts over this way? I want everyone to make it back to our families tonight. The area is quickly becoming a war zone around the St Louis area.

Thanks.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I don't usually ask of this, but can y'all send some good thoughts over this way? I want everyone to make it back to our families tonight. The area is quickly becoming a war zone around the St Louis area.

Thanks.

It's going to be tough. Police are/were admonishing protestors to stop protesting by sun down. It didn't come off as bad as I make it seem above but I take issue to this type of trampling of our constitutional rights. Now there's reports that police dressed pretty much in full military gear are shooting off tear gas/flash grenades and walking down busy streets with weapons drawn looking into parked cars. I saw earlier video and still photos of an officer in full military gear perched on top of an armored truck with his mounted automatic weapon trained on peaceful protestors. Another reporter from a local station said that these officers have had no formal training using this gear for riot situations........while all of this is bad enough it seems that law makers as well as the governor, from what I can tell, are completely silent on their military style police force running the streets and arresting innocent people in McDonald's...

I hope things calm down and people do make it home safe.....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
A reporter from KARG Radio (Mustafa Hussein) just announced that officers asked the media to shutoff ALL video before they advanced on the crowd.....!!!!

WHAT...?????

He's also reporting that during the crowd disbursement the officers are firing their tear gas basically into the surrounding neighborhood and the canisters are landing in the yards of residential homes....WOW!!!!

Last edited: