• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good ole Michiganistan, with one of the worst judicial records in the country....
Shirtless Wade McCree May Be Heading To The Supreme Court « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers, Law Schools, Law Suits, Judges and Courts + Career Resources
On Monday, the Sixth Circuit....held that Judge McCree is immune from a civil suit brought by a man McCree slapped with a tether and high child support payments. The man’s complaint is that while Judge McCree was coming down hard on him, Judge McCree was also coming down hard on the child’s mother — specifically sexting her from the bench and carrying on an affair that ultimately ended in an abortion. The man and his lawyer are seeking an appeal to the Supreme Court.

freethinker44

A danger here is that cops will develop the attitude that we're all the enemy in a war.
And they'll have the numbers, weapons & authority to cause great damage.

That's not a danger anymore, it already happened.

10552391_923614254322238_8247232619658933143_n.jpg

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
I did find this snippet....
Policing America: Security vs. Liberty | Episode Guides | Fox News Reporting | Fox News

The Cato Institute has also covered it...
Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America | Cato Institute
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/catosletter-v11n4.pdf

A danger here is that cops will develop the attitude that we're all the enemy in a war.
And they'll have the numbers, weapons & authority to cause great damage.

Yep, I agree with that statement.

Thruve

That's not a danger anymore, it already happened.

10552391_923614254322238_8247232619658933143_n.jpg

Obviously each county has its own Sheriffs Office, all with different specialty units to which typically have their own regulations/quotas/benefits/ etc. Some Units get different vehicles, different uniforms, different zoning privileges, zone boundaries limitations. badges, armor, colors, guns, equipment, etc. That picture looks like a Riot unit or Bomb unit of sorts btw.. given the uniforms and equipment, so of course that looks like a military bunch lol. Anyway, I found that a handful of deputies look upwards to these specialty units for reasons I just stated above. A simple deputy can often be a small guy at the bottom of the totem pole among'st all his coworkers who may be trained and certified for many different units, K9, Narcotics, etc. Though, we often perceive the simple deputy to otherwise be.. a man with power =)

Mind that Deputies also are CONSTANTLY dealing with Crime, deceit, lying, etc, and over time.. that reflects on their personality and OUTLOOK on the world. That deff plays apart why they may often see everyone as their enemy.

freethinker44

That picture looks like a Riot unit or Bomb unit of sorts btw.. given the uniforms and equipment, so of course that looks like a military bunch lol.

Twenty years ago I would probably agree with you, but today SWAT teams are used for anything. Today they do no knock raids to serve minor warrants such as purchasing $1000 dollars worth of stuff with a stolen credit card.

RAID FILMED: Ankeny Police

Thruve

Twenty years ago I would probably agree with you, but today SWAT teams are used for anything. Today they do no knock raids to serve minor warrants such as purchasing $1000 dollars worth of stuff with a stolen credit card.

RAID FILMED: Ankeny Police

hmm..
Thats identity theft, and depending on the sate, thats a felony lol
But yea thats pretty redic..

Last edited:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
That picture looks like a Riot unit or Bomb unit of sorts btw.. given the uniforms and equipment,
Those guns they are holding are (actual) assault rifles, and what appear to be automatic submachine guns. Those most definitely are not they types of firearms a riot or bomb unit would need/use.

Thruve

Those guns they are holding are (actual) assault rifles, and what appear to be automatic submachine guns. Those most definitely are not they types of firearms a riot or bomb unit would need/use.

Oh, k.

and LOL at those half speedos, how do they even hold fast to their wastes?*edit their are holding them.
thats obv south beach

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Oh, k.

and LOL at those half speedos, how do they even hold fast to their wastes?*edit their are holding them.
thats obv south beach
I noticed they are holding their wiener socks, but the one guy from the front (which almost makes it look like he's catching the sand on his chest in it) and the back isn't falling. And they're both holding drinks. I wonder if there is a wire that helps wrap it around their body and hold it up? Or maybe they do have to give themselves a wedgie and that's why they're standing kinda weird?

freethinker44

I noticed they are holding their wiener socks, but the one guy from the front (which almost makes it look like he's catching the sand on his chest in it) and the back isn't falling. And they're both holding drinks. I wonder if there is a wire that helps wrap it around their body and hold it up? Or maybe they do have to give themselves a wedgie and that's why they're standing kinda weird?

Apparently there is a wire. Here is some info I found.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/asymmetric-man-thongs-are-the-weirdest-thing-a-man-can-possi

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

It's a men's half thong that seems to use the thong part from the back, tight fit and one's hip to hold it up.

Bizarre One-Sided Grape Smuggling Underwear For Men