• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
A reporter from KARG Radio (Mustafa Hussein) just announced that officers asked the media to shutoff ALL video before they advanced on the crowd.....!!!!

WHAT...?????

He's also reporting that during the crowd disbursement the officers are firing their tear gas basically into the surrounding neighborhood and the canisters are landing in the yards of residential homes....WOW!!!!

Media blackout right now. Social media and live streaming is how protestors are communicating with the world tonight.

And I thought seeing tanks in neighborhoods was surreal.

Everyone hug your families a little tighter tonight.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't usually ask of this, but can y'all send some good thoughts over this way? I want everyone to make it back to our families tonight. The area is quickly becoming a war zone around the St Louis area.

Thanks.
It makes me wish I could be in my home state now to stand against this injustice. Hopefully there will not be any serious injuries or further killings.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Media blackout right now. Social media and live streaming is how protestors are communicating with the world tonight.
This dependence upon media will dissipate as decentralized sources & drones become
more prevalent, IMO. Government will have a harder time hiding their nefarious deeds.
Anyway, be careful. More wrong things happen when things are chaotic & cops are scared.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

When they tell you to turn your cameras off that's when every camera needs to be recording...

There's a reason police don't want to be recorded which is all the more reason to record them...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
This dependence upon media will dissipate as decentralized sources & drones become
more prevalent, IMO. Government will have a harder time hiding their nefarious deeds.
Anyway, be careful. More wrong things happen when things are chaotic & cops are scared.

Thanks. Got a bad feeling about tonight. Hopefully it's just indigestion.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
When they tell you to turn your cameras off that's when every camera needs to be recording...

There's a reason police don't want to be recorded which is all the more reason to record them...

Yeah, local media is being tear-gassed by the police. Never imagined it would come to that.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I need to go folks. I should get home safe traveling the outskirts, but I have a lot of friends right there in the thick of it.

Seriously, hug your families a little tighter tonight.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm home. Friends are still out there. Just got some reports from them. Still hands up facing heavily armed forces and chanting and singing. Media blackout is still on.

I'm checking out what Anonymous has released, seeing that they're following through with their warning against the Ferguson PD not to hurt any of the protestors. Well...people HAVE been hurt, repeatedly. Concussion grenades, gas, firing rubber bullets, attack dogs.

I haven't slept the last two nights. But wanted to let you all know how I am. I'm worried about my buddies, since they're full of adrenaline right now. This has been one hell of a night.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you're having any trouble sleeping, I could lend you some of my books on the history
of machine tools. (I know! Isn't it amazing that there are more than one in existence?)
Guaranteed snoozefest.

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
WOW...

The video of the press being tear gassed is unfortunate not to mention (illegal)....:eek:

The riot threw bottles at the police, forgot the abbreviation for the specific unit that deals with riots, which at that very moment signifies an unlawful protest. The moment something is thrown, its done. Justified? idk, thats a decision for you to make, but it was declared an illegal protest. Here in palm Beach county theres a KKK meeting once every so often. A kkk Meeting? Yessir! A KKK meeting, and it's legal, as long as they don't do anything illegal such as burning people, etc. A deputy told me that he was assigned to watch and protect the KKK (The KKK asked for assistance) during their protest. He said they were screaming eff the jews, blacks, etc, etc, but that it was all legal. Its redic.. but... thats how it is. However, The moment a KKK member spots a Jew and throws something at him, its all over.

Did you notice that those tear gas cans were exploding? I googled it because that seemed... different... and I just learned that they explode to keep them HOT HOT HOT so that no one is tempted to pick it back up and throw it back at the police. Apparently dripping hot phosphorus = goodbye hand.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The riot threw bottles at the police, forgot the abbreviation for the specific unit that deals with riots, which at that very moment signifies an unlawful protest. The moment something is thrown, its done. Justified? idk, thats a decision for you to make, but it was an illegal protest. Here in palm Beach county theres a KKK meeting once every so often. A kkk Meeting? Yessir! A KKK meeting, and it's legal, as long as they don't do anything illegal such as burning people, etc. A deputy told me that he was assigned to watch and protect the KKK (The KKK asked for assistance) during their protest. He said they were screaming eff the jews, blacks, etc, etc, but that it was all legal. Its redic.. but... tats how it is. The moment a KKK member spotted a Jew and threw something at him, its all over.
We used to have KKK rallies here a decade or so ago. They loved to come to the ultra-liberal Ann Arbor
because they knew there'd be a strong reaction. They were never disappointed. The cops erected a
fence to protect the KKK demonstrators, who attracted a large loud violent mob. My office was 1 block
from the event, & I could see masked "peace demonstrators" carrying knives & clubs. The cops did
nothing to stop this. Tear gas even wafted over to my office once.
Once, a white guy with a Confederate flag was set upon by the mob & beaten. This was until a black gal
climbed on top of him as a human shield. Weird, eh? That picture made the news.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
The riot threw bottles at the police, forgot the abbreviation for the specific unit that deals with riots, which at that very moment signifies an unlawful protest. The moment something is thrown, its done.

From what I heard...people protesting were unaware that a bottle was thrown. I skeptical of the claim that something was thrown given the fact that earlier in the day the police chief said that he would like it if the protesting was "limited" to daylight hours and that people would go back to their homes by then. With an attitude like that toward one's civil liberties I'm not convinced something was thrown and becoming more and more convinced they wanted people to simply comply with their military style of policing.....But I see no reason they should have used tear gas on the press.