• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Depending on what it will burn through. I say devise a kind of lacrosse stick capable of scooping it up and with that kind of stick you'd be able to through it very far...:p
Yea I thought of that, or kicking it. Pretty sure it would still melt through the stick lol, unless it was steel or metal.

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Law enforcement, as a profession, I believe has the highest divorce rate in comparison to all other professions. Go figure. I'd imagine love to be a weakness amongst many of them as a result.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
LAPD, community leaders to meet over fatal shooting of Ezell Ford - LA Times

Look...this whole (he was going for my gun so I had to shoot him) is getting a little played out. This man was minding his business when police got out of their car to talk to him but he kept going. Last I checked...you don't have to talk to the cops. Then these cops say he made a move and he looked like he was trying to conceal his hands....or he turned and basically tried to tackle me while trying to reach for my gun.....I'm sorry but their stories are sounding like lies to cover their bums...and it's getting really predictable. Seems we're all going to be wearing glasses that record these guys....Who's watching the watchmen?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
LAPD, community leaders to meet over fatal shooting of Ezell Ford - LA Times

Look...this whole (he was going for my gun so I had to shoot him) is getting a little played out. This man was minding his business when police got out of their car to talk to him but he kept going. Last I checked...you don't have to talk to the cops. Then these cops say he made a move and he looked like he was trying to conceal his hands....or he turned and basically tried to tackle me while trying to reach for my gun.....I'm sorry but their stories are sounding like lies to cover their bums...and it's getting really predictable. Seems we're all going to be wearing glasses that record these guys....Who's watching the watchmen?
With Missouri already rioting, and LA having a history of it, I wonder just how bad things are going to get. These are indeed scary times.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This thread (or at least the collection of articles) really needs national attention. I think I may collect the links and articles for a study.

Last edited:

CynthiaCypher

With Missouri already rioting, and LA having a history of it, I wonder just how bad things are going to get. These are indeed scary times.

The chickens coming home to roost isn't a scary thing to me. I am thinking it is about time for the people notice that there is something very wrong going on.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The chickens coming home to roost isn't a scary thing to me. I am thinking it is about time for the people notice that there is something very wrong going on.

A lot of us feel that way.

Happy to report that things have calmed down considerably in Ferguson. What continues to grow is a feeling of solidarity, community, and peace. Without the militarized forces, people have been jubilant. Seeing pictures from around the world from people who stand behind Ferguson has helped the residents and the protestors feel not nearly alone as we had before.

Things can - and will - get scary. But thank goodness for social media and livestreaming and technology from camera phones. Because the message can get out, and it can get out quickly and spread abroad.

I'll continue do what I'm doing. It feels good fighting back. But it feels better having others fighting with me. If any of you find the same thing happening in your neighborhood, let me know, and I'll see about getting the people in Ferguson standing behind you too.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Happy to report that things have calmed down considerably in Ferguson. What continues to grow is a feeling of solidarity, community, and peace. Without the militarized forces, people have been jubilant. Seeing pictures from around the world from people who stand behind Ferguson has helped the residents and the protestors feel not nearly alone as we had before.

Things can - and will - get scary. But thank goodness for social media and livestreaming and technology from camera phones. Because the message can get out, and it can get out quickly and spread abroad.

I'll continue do what I'm doing. It feels good fighting back. But it feels better having others fighting with me. If any of you find the same thing happening in your neighborhood, let me know, and I'll see about getting the people in Ferguson standing behind you too.

It really is a shame it takes something like this for people to wake up to whats happening around the country. I can't believe the firepower this police department was in possession of. It gives a strong clue to intent and willingness to employ that firepower on people. I suspect Ferguson is not the only Police dept with this type of armament in it's arsenal.

Folks are saying wake up America. Wake up.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Here are some tips I have learned about tear gas thanks to being in the military:
1. DO NOT touch your face. Ever. Even with a towel/rag. Eventually the perspiration on your face will act as a semi-barrier for your skin.
2. Keep your eyes open. It will sting like crazy for a minute or so but your eyes will water up which will stop the stinging. Squeezing your eyes shut just clears the tears away making things worse.
3. Take short, shallow breaths. This will keep the gas from getting too deep into your lungs.

Those tips have allowed me to stand in a gas chamber billowing with tear gas multiple times now with no trouble at all.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Its interesting to note the fact that tear gas (CS) is banned for use in international warfare as a chemical weapon, yet is freely used domestically in the US.

Nice.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

I knew it would calm down when they pulled back their thugish militarized police force.....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It really is a shame it takes something like this for people to wake up to whats happening around the country. I can't believe the firepower this police department was in possession of. It gives a strong clue to intent and willingness to employ that firepower on people. I suspect Ferguson is not the only Police dept with this type of armament in it's arsenal.

Folks are saying wake up America. Wake up.

You're correct. More and more departments are gearing up....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Here are some tips I have learned about tear gas thanks to being in the military:
1. DO NOT touch your face. Ever. Even with a towel/rag. Eventually the perspiration on your face will act as a semi-barrier for your skin.
2. Keep your eyes open. It will sting like crazy for a minute or so but your eyes will water up which will stop the stinging. Squeezing your eyes shut just clears the tears away making things worse.
3. Take short, shallow breaths. This will keep the gas from getting too deep into your lungs.

Those tips have allowed me to stand in a gas chamber billowing with tear gas multiple times now with no trouble at all.

That or go to the surplus store and get a gas mask and keep it with you when you peacefully protest and use it just in case...