• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is America a Police state?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Is it bad of me to feel empty when I watch this?

Ferguson Police Chief Apologizes to Brown Family, Protesters: "I Feel Responsible" | Riverfront Times

A public apology from the Ferguson police chief. A recognition of wrongdoing.

Maybe I'd have more feels if I heard him say they're removing the ******* MRAP vehicles, tanks, assault rifles, tear gas, and snipers....stop militarizing their department, and go back to being police officers sworn to serve and protect.

But saying he feels sorry? I don't know. I just feel empty watching it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The argument that America is a police state leans heavily on hyperbole and a fanatical exaggeration of police activity. As long as the American people control the police force through the democratic process, America cannot be a police state, even though some people don't like the way the law is enforced.
Your claim appears to presume that the people don't want a police state.
I notice that it is the voters themselves who elect politicians who perpetrate this march
towards greater authority over us, & increased incarceration rates. Seeing these results,
they still don't vote the bums out of office.
And just as there are histrionic claims of a police state, there are head-in-the-sand excuses
for oppressive & illegal actions by authorities. This thread is a good place to disclose & debunk.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is it bad of me to feel empty when I watch this?

Ferguson Police Chief Apologizes to Brown Family, Protesters: "I Feel Responsible" | Riverfront Times

A public apology from the Ferguson police chief. A recognition of wrongdoing.

Maybe I'd have more feels if I heard him say they're removing the ******* MRAP vehicles, tanks, assault rifles, tear gas, and snipers....stop militarizing their department, and go back to being police officers sworn to serve and protect.

But saying he feels sorry? I don't know. I just feel empty watching it.
You keep posting videos that I don't want to watch.
I'm not complaining....it saves me time.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:biglaugh:
Is America a Public University State?

:facepalm:
You got that from my post?
OK, I'll dumb it down so that even a Brit soccer hooligan could understand.
Government owns & runs public universities.
Public university requires divulging intimate personal sexual info.
Therefore government requires this.
Police states oppress not just by forcing & prohibiting certain actions, but also by privacy invasion.
See where this is going now?
Double-facepalm.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

How shocking! Why on Earth would Police need to get involved with a 17 year old youth flashing a knife in a city street at 2.15am in the morning? He was probably only showing off with it! :D
And when the Police tried to confront this child, his Daddy assaulted one of them....... quite reasonable really! :D
At this point the Daddy's heavily pregnant wife, who had been enjoying an evening of alcohol to help calm her nerves and provide adequate nourishment for her unborn baby, decided to launch herself into the fray....... a perfectly natural response....... :D

Now why would Police have needed to do anything....! In future New York Police should stay off the streets in the early hours and allow revelers to enjoy each other's company as they go home. :rolleyes::sarcastic

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You got that from my post?
OK, I'll dumb it down so that even a Brit soccer hooligan could understand.
Government owns & runs public universities.
Public university requires divulging intimate personal sexual info.
Therefore government requires this.
Police states oppress not just by forcing & prohibiting certain actions, but also by privacy invasion.
See where this is going now?
Double-facepalm.jpg

The more spoiled they are, the louder they shriek...

Waaaaaa........ Waaaaa........ I want everything my way! :biglaugh:

And do you really think that you're bright enough to be a Star Wars InterGalactic BattleStar Commander? Now that would be the ultimate in High Discipline Police States! :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The more spoiled they are, the louder they shriek...

Waaaaaa........ Waaaaa........ I want everything my way! :biglaugh:
We like to have things our way.
Didn't our revolution & that little 1812 fiasco learn you guyz anything?
Do we has to muss up yer powdered wigs & kick yer swishy pantaloons again?
If that fails, I'll speak to Mrs Badger about your misbehavior.

And do you really think that you're bright enough to be a Star Wars InterGalactic BattleStar Commander? Now that would be the ultimate in High Discipline Police States! :D
I could unclog starship toilets.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
We like to have things our way.
You're all more spoiled than our little dog.....

Didn't our revolution & that little 1812 fiasco learn you guyz anything?
We got bored and gave you those battles!
Alright, so your Constitution took Java, your President did get clear, and your Chesapeake put up a brave fight, but those commanders would have approved of a high discipline well policed State.

Do we has to muss up yer powdered wigs & kick yer swishy pantaloons again?
No..... we go to mistress Katy's massage and chastisement parlour for all that stuff.

If that fails, I'll speak to Mrs Badger about your misbehavior.
SAhe already knows....... (not about Mistress Katy's, you understand, but all the rest).

I could unclog starship toilets.
Oh..... sh-t! And what would you know about unclogging toilets in zero gravity which discharge into total vacuums? That's probably why that Commander was face-palming..... he lost a whole platoon, straight out through a rest-room, or whatever you call bogs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh..... sh-t! And what would you know about unclogging toilets in zero gravity which discharge into total vacuums? That's probably why that Commander was face-palming..... he lost a whole platoon, straight out through a rest-room, or whatever you call bogs.
Fool! Starships have artificial gravity.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Cops break a window to use a taser on a passenger pulled over for a seat belt violation.

Lisa Mahone was on her way to visit her dying mother in the hospital when she was pulled over for a seat belt violation. What should have been a standard, quick procedure ended with a Taser gun and an arrest.
Following procedures, Mahone gave the officers her license and proof of insurance. Mahone had her boyfriend Jamal Jones in the passenger seat and their 14-year-old son and seven-year-old daughter in the back seat.
After Mahone complied, police turned to Jones and asked for his license. Jones began to explain that he didn’t have his ID on him because he’d gotten a ticket recently. When he went for a bag in the back seat to show proof of the ticket, the situation escalated.

[youtube]XsW-QCxXkQA[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=