• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Athiesm a Religion?

outhouse

Atheistically
What do you mean here! don't you know what is right and what is wrong!

You only learn what is right and wrong by moral standards dictated by geographic location you were born into.

Only man defines what is right and wrong, not a child.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The evidence is called parental love. Then perverted by theist.

AGAIN a man born on a island grows up with no parents and learns or imagines no religion, was an atheist all his life.

You are factually an atheist until you learn religion.

I'm talking the findings of science, but you, Outhouse, are merely speculating. Speculation is all fine and dandy, but it cannot beat real, genuine information.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Here Children know what is right and what is wrong with no one teaching them. You are just ignorant and have no clue about LOL
I disagree. They have all the teachers at their disposal, from parents to peers to experience to experiments.

outhouse

Atheistically
I'm talking the findings of science, but you, Outhouse, are merely speculating. Speculation is all fine and dandy, but it cannot beat real, genuine information.

Its all you have done friend.

Until you post said evidence to be debated, your position is speculation.

And you and I know the results of said test are factual speculation.

It is a fact no child is born a theist, agreed?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Its all you have done friend.

Until you post said evidence to be debated, your position is speculation.

And you and I know the results of said test are factual speculation.

It is a fact no child is born a theist, agreed?

I'm not going to argue with you because I believe your mind is firmly made up on this matter. Argument would be useless, then. So, let's just agree to disagree.

outhouse

Atheistically
I'm not going to argue with you because I believe your mind is firmly made up on this matter. Argument would be useless, then. So, let's just agree to disagree.

I am asking you to support your position.

Not run when asked to do such.

I think you just got the jest of the evidence you posit is admitted speculation, is it not?

dust1n

Zindīq
I am starting to believe that Athiesm starting to be like a religion. They already have their own scholars, proselytization, and prophets(hawkins)

And much like their Christian counterparts, the majority of followers disregard scholarship and prophets, go about their lives as if nothing happened, and spell very poorly.

outhouse

Atheistically
Implicit atheism and its definition is being ignored here.

"the absence of theistic belief without a conscious rejection of it"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am asking you to support your position.

Not run when asked to do such.

I think you just got the jest of the evidence you posit is admitted speculation, is it not?

I asked you to support your position and you gave me speculation, without any evidence to back it up. Now you accuse me of running. Yes, I'm running. Just as fast as I can -- from a "conversation" with someone who firmly believes speculations are hard evidence. I'd rather go beat my head against the wall than deal with that sort of attitude problem.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It factually does not have to be taught.

One factually does not have to be a theist before one can become an atheist.

That is certainly how I recall my own situation. But what is being presented - and there is considerable evidence for that - is that human beings may have a biological or neurological predisposition to develop deity conceptions anyway.

It is obviously not a full determinant tendency, it may well not even be all that common, but it is at least conceivable that it may have been selected out of useful social effects.

Now I don't mean by that that people should be assumed to be theists until evidence to the contrary - I actually hate that there are those who want to. It just means that inate tendencies are very poor evidence one way or the other - and probably also that people lend way too much meaning to them.

I suspect that some people are literally born unable of developing or effectively pretending a belief in God while some others may be born "doomed" to developing some form of it, with many others developing varying degrees of vocation or adaptability towards one extreme or the other.

Odds are good that at some point in the next few decades we will have to conclude that societies must allow for acceptance of both full atheism, full certainty monotheism, and everything in between. It is certainly very miserable to be born into one of the two extremes (or feel like one was, anyway) while having to deal with a society that assumes the other extreme to be universal.