• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Athiesm a Religion?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I, for one, don't believe that atheism is a religion. But certain atheists do treat it kind of like one (seemingly). They don't "proselytize", but there are a few who spread things like "When someone believes in God, I wonder if they are less intelligent". I've seen certain statements like this on Facebook on a Page named "I ****ing Love Atheism" (this is just one example and a mild one). If they "simply don't believe in God", they I don't think they'd even bother saying such things.

That's the way I see it.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The thing is I don't believe that babies are born atheists or theists. At best, I call them ignostic. They neither believe in God or not believe in God since they never even heard the concept or they would not understand it if they did hear it.

outhouse

Atheistically
The thing is I don't believe that babies are born atheists or theists. At best, I call them ignostic. They neither believe in God or not believe in God since they never even heard the concept or they would not understand it if they did hear it.

Atheism is not a concept. It is a lack of belief in mythological man made deities.

Babies factually lack this belief.

outhouse

Atheistically

Nope we are all born atheist.

One does not have to learn religion, and then throw it out the window to become an atheist.

It is juts a lack of belief, like we are all born with.

Man on a island grows up without parents or outside contact, has no idea about gods or taught gods. The man is an atheist. he has no belief in man made religions

outhouse

Atheistically
How did you know that? How did you know they don't believe in God/

Religion is taught. Deities are taught to children.

No child knows about these different beliefs. That's why children in America don't wake up one day and go "allah Akbar" someone has to program the child.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It could rain yellow plastic ducky's too!

If a hurricane blows through a toy factory.

If you have not been clued in, we do something many theist do not, that is universal, we don't let religion close our minds, or let that religious bias destroy education and knowledge.

But really, it is no religion, nor will it be, as religion is defined.

We have a universal moral code, its called school. But have fun trying to turn that into a religion :cool:

As religion is defined...

noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices

So are you saying other Atheists are not allowed to view their Atheism as a religion?

outhouse

Atheistically
Children in places where Christianity is taught know nothing about islam at all, or your definition of deity.

Same for all religion. children ONLY believe what their parents teach them.

outhouse

Atheistically
As religion is defined...

So are you saying other Atheists are not allowed to view their Atheism as a religion?

No.

They do not pervert the definition that way.

what part of this applies [considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies]

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Religion is taught. Deities are taught to children.

No child knows about these different beliefs. That's why children in America don't wake up one day and go "allah Akbar" someone has to program the child.
Yes, they don't wake up one day and go "Allah Akbar" because they are not required to do any act of worship at that age. But my question was, How did you know they have no knowledge about God? if it is ONLY your opinion. then it is fine cause you can't prove anything.

They have no knowledge about different Religions but I am just talking about knowledge of God the creator

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The term "theist" means that someone believes in God, not that the person has a religion or not. So I stand with my earlier statement.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Nope we are all born atheist.

One does not have to learn religion, and then throw it out the window to become an atheist.

It is juts a lack of belief, like we are all born with.

Man on a island grows up without parents or outside contact, has no idea about gods or taught gods. The man is an atheist. he has no belief in man made religions

Unless he creates his own religion.