• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Baha'u'llah true or false Prophet?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Why are you afraid, is it applicable to you?
I'm not "perfect", by Baha'i or Christian standards. What do Baha'is have planned for people like me?

But with thieves... petty thieves? Gangs of thieves? White-Collar and political thieves? Like embezzlers or a politician that takes bribes? Tattoo them and cast them out of the city or town?

Where is that these days? In Australia send them into the Outback? In the cities, cast them out into the suburbs? And didn't they try this already and sent criminals to places where they couldn't bother the good and honest people? Did that work? No, there's an unlimited supply of thieves and other criminals.

In a perfect world, that is "God's Kingdom" on Earth, I thought the evil people were going to be done away with. What happened? Those prophecies weren't true? The lamb won't hang out with the lion? But instead, will probably still get eaten? Oh well, will see.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
I'm not "perfect", by Baha'i or Christian standards. What do Baha'is have planned for people like me?
There is nothing planned CG.

I am done with the same old posts of the multipul question marks.

All the best, I hope life will remain safe and happy for you. Regards Tony

danieldemol

Premium Member
That could also be a prophecy by Baha'u'llah
It could be a self fulfilling prophecy if Baha'i ever come to power.
Now, many of Iranian Shia Mullas have a mark on their forehead, and they are involved in stealing people's money.
Those marks look like cancer and birth marks respectively. In context this so called "prophecy" is nothing other than a law allegedly "revealed" by Baha'u'llah stating that the Baha'i must place a mark on the brow of the theif and does not refer to other non-manmade marks, so even if it were a prophecy (which it wasn't) it is an unfulfilled prophecy thus far in my view.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Speak for yourself Tony.

Personally I can see that the only idea behind the making of such a rule is religious dogma in my view.
That is what happens when God is neglected Daniel, we think we know better.

The wisdom of all that Baha'u'llah offered is now becoming more and more manifested and relevant, as each conflict, disaster, tyrant and hacker filled day unfold.

Regards Tony

danieldemol

Premium Member
That is what happens when God is neglected Daniel, we think we know better.
Then discontinue thinking you know better than God and cling to God instead of the rubbish Baha'u'llah has to offer as law in my opinion.
The wisdom of all that Baha'u'llah offered is now becoming more and more manifested and relevant, as each conflict, disaster, tyrant and hacker filled day unfold.

Regards Tony
I disagree, I think as the fields of psychology, psychiatry, and neuroscience gradually unfold and reveal the underlying causes of these people's problems and how best to address them Baha'i dogmas of inhumane forms of punishment become less and less relevant as i see it.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Then discontinue thinking you know better than God and cling to God instead of the rubbish Baha'u'llah has to offer as law in my opinion.

I disagree, I think as the fields of psychology, psychiatry, and neuroscience gradually unfold and reveal the underlying causes of these people's problems and how best to address them Baha'i dogmas of inhumane forms of punishment become less and less relevant as i see it.
You to yours Daniel.

Baha'u'llah 100% is the 'Self of God' in this age, the rejection being the destruction of this world, so me to mine.

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
It could be a self fulfilling prophecy if Baha'i ever come to power.

Those marks look like cancer and birth marks respectively. In context this so called "prophecy" is nothing other than a law allegedly "revealed" by Baha'u'llah stating that the Baha'i must place a mark on the brow of the theif and does not refer to other non-manmade marks, so even if it were a prophecy (which it wasn't) it is an unfulfilled prophecy thus far in my view.
Those are no cancer marks.
If you follow the link, you know how those marks appeared

danieldemol

Premium Member
Those are no cancer marks.
If you follow the link, you know how those marks appeared
It says its from praying on a clay tablet, which was a practice of the Shia even in Baha'u'llah's time as I understand it.

Which makes it not much of a prophecy to see something being done regularly then predict it will happen again in my view.

Colour me unimpressed.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
It says its from praying on a clay tablet, which was a practice of the Shia even in Baha'u'llah's time as I understand it.

Which makes it not much of a prophecy to see something being done regularly then predict it will happen again in my view.

Colour me unimpressed.
Yes, now many Iranian people, consider them as thieves, and talk about the marks on their forehead as a sign of being criminals. But you gotta be familiar with what is going on in Iran in these days to know what i am talking about.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Yes, now many Iranian people, consider them as thieves, and talk about the marks on their forehead as a sign of being criminals. But you gotta be familiar with what is going on in Iran in these days to know what i am talking about.
Perhaps, but it is clear that self markings from prostration have nothing to do with the House of Justice administered markings given to those convicted of theivery, therefore you have no grounding to claim it is prophecy in my view.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
Perhaps, but it is clear that self markings from prostration have nothing to do with the House of Justice administered markings given to those convicted of theivery, therefore you have no grounding to claim it is prophecy in my view.
If you consider, the will of God, is the same as UHJ, then it would make sense what i mean

danieldemol

Premium Member
100% your choice Daniel

They are not threats, they are fair warning of what humanity will do to each other.

Regards Tony
Meh, In my opinion Baha'u'llah who couldn't keep his own family loyal to the Baha'i Universal House of Justice invented by his successors reckons he has the power to avert any destruction caused by the remaining humans rejecting the more ridiculous advice of the Baha'i Universal House of Justice or any of the other more ridiculous advice of Baha'u'llah and his Successors?

Baha'u'llah should have the power to avert disaster in his own family before he comes lecturing people far more competent than himself on how to avert disaster in my view.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
There is nothing planned CG.

I am done with the same old posts of the multipul question marks.

All the best, I hope life will remain safe and happy for you. Regards Tony
Tattooing thieves and sending them out of the city is Baha'u'llah's plan or not? Have Baha'is thought this through? I guess it's better than cutting off the thief's hand... but not much. It kind of indicates that even under Baha'i law, there will not be peace and unity. There will still be thieves, arsons, murderers, adulterers etc. Yet, there will be peace amongst the nations of the world?

You might trust the Baha'i Faith and all of its laws and its administrative order, but I'm a little concerned. I don't think it would take much to become very authoritarian and throw all "undesirables" out of town.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Baha'u'llah did not have the foresight to save his own son from praying to close to an open skylight and people blindly reckon this person has the power of foresight to avert human disaster in my view.

In real life amongst humans crap happens due to complex causes and the inability of all humans to either foresee the causes or forsee the necessary preventative measures in my view, so of course from time to time humanity will face unforeseen calamity. And by the way in my view an unforeseen calamity that even Baha'u'llah can't name is evidently unforeseen to himself either. Surely we all know that humans will face calamity from time to time, did it really take all the power of an All-knowing God to make such a ridiculously vague prediction?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
You might trust the Baha'i Faith and all of its laws and its administrative order, but I'm a little concerned.
I trust Baha'u'llah and have considered deeply what Baha'u'llah offered.

I trust that God sent all the Messengers and that Baha'u'llah came to bring the Most Great Peace, the kingdom of God on earth, as it is in heaven.

Thus this is a spiritual reality. The laws are what is needed for that most great peace to become a reality.

We have no idea what will emerge from the ruins of the old world order, nor how many people will emerge to build the new world order, but the Lesser Peace will come and that will eventually build into and become the Most Great Peace, a world where very few will choose the unlawful path, the Love of God will dominate in a moral and virtuous humanity.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Surely we all know that humans will face calamity from time to time, did it really take all the power of an All-knowing God to make such a ridiculously vague prediction?
It is only vague to those that do not heed the warnings.

To those that do, there is ample information to show the world is fast approaching the critical point of change.

I will offer no more Daniel. May God's Will be our path.

Regards Tony