• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

shmogie

You don't tell anyone else when sin has or has not been committed. Your authority is nil. And you further have no authority to determine what the bible definitively does or does not say with regard to homosexuals, or their orientation, or their expressions of love. You've got no credibility other than your own overblown bibliolatry.
Well, if you are unable to understand clear language, that is your problem. I certainly do have that authority, the doctrine is "the priesthood of all believers" I have 2,000 years of credibility, the credibility of millions of believers who understand and accept what is clearly enunciated, I have the credibility of thousands and thousands of scholars who translate the Greek to English, I have the credibility Seminarians who research and study all available texts, and agree totally with my position, I have the Credibility of Luther, Cranmer, Tyndale and Wycliffe, Even Catholic scholars and the early Church fathers agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
To the writers it wasn't a matter of homosexual or heterosexual. If a sex act couldn't provide babies and caused one man to "take it like a woman," that act was deemed wrong. We don't operate under those social guidelines anymore.
The message came from God...the condemnation is not coming from the scribes...

shmogie

Yes. You are, according to what you're posting here.

Your understanding is clear as mud.

Thanks for not upholding the biblical concept of hospitality, or Christ's example of including the outcast.
You are in no position to pontificate on Biblical doctrine.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Well, if you are unable to understand clear language, that is your problem
The language, though, isn't clear. If you think it is, then you have no authority or credibility to interpret it, because you clearly don't understand its nature fully enough to be taken seriously by anyone who does understand it.

I certainly do have that authority, the doctrine is "the priesthood of all believers
ROFLMAO!!! That's not what the doctrine means. At all. Please stop playing at religious expert.

I have 2,000 years of credibility, the credibility of millions of believers who understand and accept what is clearly enunciated, I have the credibility of thousands and thousands of scholars who translate the Greek to English, I have the credibility Seminarians who research and study all available texts, and agree totally with my position, I have the Credibility of Luther, Cranmer, Tyndale and Wycliffe, Even Catholic scholars and the early Church fathers agree
blah, blah, blah. You've got nothing and you know it.

So, it is actually you and your non Christian ideas and alien philosophy that have no credibility in the discussion. You and your ideas are anethema to Christian thought, therefore get behind me and shut u
You have no idea who I am.
your incessant mindless yapping will no longer be addressed
Good! That way, I can speak against your dangerous bigotry without your worthless impedance.

shmogie

I am in such a position, actually. Fully accredited and certified for that very activity. So much for your weak "riposte."
Please, you could call yourself the pope. Since morality appears to be a very loose and flexible thing to you, please forgive me if I doubt your alleged credentials, after all, the end justifies the means, no ?

shmogie

The language, though, isn't clear. If you think it is, then you have no authority or credibility to interpret it, because you clearly don't understand its nature fully enough to be taken seriously by anyone who does understand it.

ROFLMAO!!! That's not what the doctrine means. At all. Please stop playing at religious expert.

blah, blah, blah. You've got nothing and you know it.

You have no idea who I am.

Good! That way, I can speak against your dangerous bigotry without your worthless impedance.
Wow, for an alleged certified expert not to understand the reformation doctrine of the priesthood of all believers is amazing ! Either you are lying, you failed your studies, or you bought your certification on line along with your alleged degree.Whatever, the doctrine is clearly not understood by you.. I can give you a reading list to help you along on. this if you choose. Your ignorance is painful when it is so blatant. Let me know on that list, we can clear it up for you

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Wow, for an alleged certified expert not to understand the reformation doctrine of the priesthood of all believers is amazing ! Either you are lying, you failed your studies, or you bought your certification on line along with your alleged degree.Whatever, the doctrine is clearly not understood by you.. I can give you a reading list to help you along on. this if you choose. Your ignorance is painful when it is so blatant. Let me know on that list, we can clear it up for you
Blah, blah, blah. Your bravado is touching, but you're not fooling anyone.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Wow, for an alleged certified expert not to understand the reformation doctrine of the priesthood of all believers is amazing !
This "reformation," obviously people experience something, but because it's one of those things you have to be receptive to and believe in it to experience, doesn't it seem more likely that it's a temporary moment of hysteria induced by these deep religious beliefs? And because you can have these experiences without believing in god, on what grounds should we assume that what is experienced is god? Without knowing exactly what it is, how do we know what it is? So many people have their own different answers how can we even begin to choose among the great variety of answers?
And as for these "reformations," they may work for a while, but they rarely make a lasting influence, and people go back to their old ways.