• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You're the one making a claim for invisible beings speaking through a book. I'm afraid you're the one with the burden of proof.
I don't have to prove a thing....and your being a homosexual atheist doesn't bother me....we can just agree to disagree...:)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hold on...I thought you were an atheist...so you believe in God?
Just goes to show what can happen when you proceed on an assumption without all the information needed. When you proceed that way with regard to the homosexual issue, you may hurt others.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Just goes to show what can happen when you proceed on an assumption without all the information needed. When you proceed that way with regard to the homosexual issue, you may hurt others.
I trust the bible with regards the homosexual issue...and the goodwill towards my fellow man.....that doesn't hurt anyone...

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I having nothing against homosexuals.
I just don't understand what any guy sees in another guys butt.
Yeeeeesh! Yuk.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It may help explain your apparent disdain for efficacy of scripture....
Atheists aren't the only ones who hold a disdain for your scripture. Even us non-atheists are prone to not seeing the Bible as holy or righteous. Nothing special, nothing inspired. But lots of needless restrictions, desperate grasps for power, lots of anger and bitterness, and it all revolves around a god who if he had a physical earthly kingdom, he'd be considered the worst tyrant and most bloodthirsty dictator the world has ever known. We may not even "try to spread democracy" to his kingdom, because people would be scared of failure or being captured.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Atheists aren't the only ones who hold a disdain for your scripture. Even us non-atheists are prone to not seeing the Bible as holy or righteous. Nothing special, nothing inspired. But lots of needless restrictions, desperate grasps for power, lots of anger and bitterness, and it all revolves around a god who if he had a physical earthly kingdom, he'd be considered the worst tyrant and most bloodthirsty dictator the world has ever known. We may not even "try to spread democracy" to his kingdom, because people would be scared of failure or being captured.
Well I hope you still love us respecters of the bible teachings...

Shadow Wolf

Well I hope you still love us respecters of the bible...
I judge them as I do anyone else; not by what they believe but by what they do. It's simple, and it's easy. I've met many wonderful people who are Christian, and do not judge others and accept them as they are. I've met some who are real ********. And, then of course, there are also Christian extremists. I can even say I got to know an Episcopalian priest and his family, and applauded him for his strength and courage for openly welcoming homosexuals into his church, even though he lost a chunk of his congregation. This was about a decade ago. But, for me personally, it was a point that helped me getting over the bitterness that I did hold towards Christianity and Christians. He taught me that not all Christians were a bunch of bigoted hatemongers who threw out the Bible to justify their ways while eating a bacon sandwich and wearing mixed fabric (that's a summary of the environment I grew up in - I even lost some friends in high school after I forsook Christ).

shmogie

This "reformation," obviously people experience something, but because it's one of those things you have to be receptive to and believe in it to experience, doesn't it seem more likely that it's a temporary moment of hysteria induced by these deep religious beliefs? And because you can have these experiences without believing in god, on what grounds should we assume that what is experienced is god? Without knowing exactly what it is, how do we know what it is? So many people have their own different answers how can we even begin to choose among the great variety of answers?
And as for these "reformations," they may work for a while, but they rarely make a lasting influence, and people go back to their old ways.
The reformation was the religious movement that ultimately led to the formation of Protestant churches. First, the people "protested" the practices of the Roman Catholic church, then "reformed" the church and in so doing created Protestant churches reflecting the corrections of Catholic doctrine and practice

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I judge them as I do anyone else; not by what they believe but by what they do. It's simple, and it's easy. I've met many wonderful people who are Christian, and do not judge others and accept them as they are. I've met some who are real ********. And, then of course, there are also Christian extremists. I can even say I got to know an Episcopalian priest and his family, and applauded him for his strength and courage for openly welcoming homosexuals into his church, even though he lost a chunk of his congregation. This was about a decade ago. But, for me personally, it was a point that helped me getting over the bitterness that I did hold towards Christianity and Christians. He taught me that not all Christians were a bunch of bigoted hatemongers who threw out the Bible to justify their ways while eating a bacon sandwich and wearing mixed fabric (that's a summary of the environment I grew up in - I even lost some friends in high school after I forsook Christ).
Life can be a rough and tumble affair....and much of institutional religion is corrupt to some extent....all my best...

Shadow Wolf

The reformation was the religious movement that ultimately led to the formation of Protestant churches. First, the people "protested" the practices of the Roman Catholic church, then "reformed" the church and in so doing created Protestant churches reflecting the corrections of Catholic doctrine and practice
I am aware of that. However, we were discussing whether or not homosexuals can become heterosexual, and this "spiritual" side that research has not addressed; the context was not about Church history.