• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
No, homosexuality is condemned both in the NT and OT period. There is no qualifier about "lust". "lust" is condemned separately and always in the context of male female interaction, never same sex. As to your question about promiscuous sex, any sex outside of marriage is condemned as either adultery or fornication. There is no translation bias, both the Greek and Hebrew words are clear

BALONEY! :D

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No, homosexuality is condemned both in the NT and OT period. There is no qualifier about "lust". "lust" is condemned separately and always in the context of male female interaction, never same sex. As to your question about promiscuous sex, any sex outside of marriage is condemned as either adultery or fornication. There is no translation bias, both the Greek and Hebrew words are clear

Wait. Thats contradicting. Promiscuous sex, adultry, and fornification are based on lust. According to scripture, in the gospels, homosexual acts are included. Its all lust.

That is why it is condemned.

No other reason.

Fortunately, we homosexuals understand ourselves probably a bit more than the peopls who lusted in many ways in the bible. With our husbands or wives we tend to see our spouses differently than what you read in scripture.

Youre not getting you are talking about two different things stuffed under one name.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
They are not following the Scriptures. A person can call themselves a fence post, that doesn't make them one. The Bible is the guide, not what others do or don't do

LOL! They can call themselves Christian, and still be for same-sex marriage, because the Bible says nothing against same-sex marriage.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Not quite. It appears that "sodomy" might've meant orgies with men, women and animals. Something the Romans are supposed to have enjoyed. Now you can expand that to "sex with someone who has the same plumbing", but that's a bit of a shallow reason.

Fact is, "homosexuality" as we know it today is relatively new. In times gone past, same-sex pairings occurred. But they were partnerships based on what all marriages used to be based on; the exchange of something. In Greece, men took in young boys for both pleasure and purpose. Namely, to teach them how to be a soldier. How to form a shield-wall and stand your ground as your comrades fall around you.

Life was radically different 1000 years ago. Even more different 2000 years ago. Imposing morality from a society that was rightfully conquered is not a sound way to rule.

No one should bend their knee or sacrifice their happiness and companionship because someone claims they've got the word of God. What possible reason would your God, the infinite and all-powerful, one-in-all and all-in-one, the alpha & omega. What possible reason would such a vast, impossible to comprehend entity want to do with you or your fellows? You are all mote in the eye of the universe.

Keep your faith, neither I or Odin care. But don't use it as a weapon to deny people their happiness.

shmogie

LOL! This exposes nothing. - Later church groups changing the meaning does not make it actually mean that.

And if you noted - in my earlier post with, - The Thesaurus Linguae Graecae, - with the stem and words they do have, - it was used with rape of WOMEN.

The text I highlighted in purple, is a hilarious jump to a erroneous conclusion. Man as mankind is English. In Biblical Greek ánthrōpos would be used for mankind.

And there is a BIG glaring error in your source! Paul did NOT give a meaning for arsenokoites!!!!!!!

It is quite interesting - the Christian reference sources trying to cover their behinds. For instance Strong's definition of arsenokoites has "sodomite" first. If you look up "sodomite" in your Strong's you will find that a Sodomite was a Temple Prostitute. Only LATER - as usual - does the church alter these words.

WHO IS THE SODOMITE??? by Rev. Marj Creech

"This is tricky, so I want to give you some background info on the word Sodomite, as used in the King James Version of the Bible. This applies to the original KJV; I don't have a New KJV handy to see if it is also true there. The King James translators don't use the word Sodomite to refer to people who live/lived in Sodom! Instead they use the word Sodomite later on in the Bible, in several places, to translate the Hebrew word "Kadesh," which means "male temple prostitute" or "shrine prostitute" (plural Kedeshim)."

"Arsenokoites" John Boswell states that it "did not connote homosexuality to Paul or his early readers", and that in later Christian literature the word is used, for instance, by Aristides of Athens(c. 138) clearly not for homosexuality and possibly for prostitution, Eusebius (d. c. 340) who evidently used it in reference to women,
As I said, you are unhinged. Sodomite comes from the Biblical story where the mass of homosexuals in the city wanted to have sex with the three angels, whom they took as beautiful boys. Sodom was destroyed because of this. It hasn't existed for well over 3,000 years. A sodomite is a homosexual, has been the term since the destruction of Sodom. I have no idea who Creech and Boswell are, but they are part of that wrong small minority I was speaking of. Your sources are wrong, your reasoning is wrong, your conclusions are wrong. The majority of translators, linguists and scholars say so. If you had the bodily form of a man, I would say you were pissn" in the wind, but since I can't say that, take your spurious sources, your ridiculous assertions, your faulty and wrong research,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and put them,......................away. The height of arrogance is an ant crawling up an elephants leg with rape on his mind, presenting the nonsense you come up with is about the same. DEAD WRONG

shmogie

Not quite. It appears that "sodomy" might've meant orgies with men, women and animals. Something the Romans are supposed to have enjoyed. Now you can expand that to "sex with someone who has the same plumbing", but that's a bit of a shallow reason.

Fact is, "homosexuality" as we know it today is relatively new. In times gone past, same-sex pairings occurred. But they were partnerships based on what all marriages used to be based on; the exchange of something. In Greece, men took in young boys for both pleasure and purpose. Namely, to teach them how to be a soldier. How to form a shield-wall and stand your ground as your comrades fall around you.

Life was radically different 1000 years ago. Even more different 2000 years ago. Imposing morality from a society that was rightfully conquered is not a sound way to rule.

No one should bend their knee or sacrifice their happiness and companionship because someone claims they've got the word of God. What possible reason would your God, the infinite and all-powerful, one-in-all and all-in-one, the alpha & omega. What possible reason would such a vast, impossible to comprehend entity want to do with you or your fellows? You are all mote in the eye of the universe.

Keep your faith, neither I or Odin care. But don't use it as a weapon to deny people their happiness.
The Hebrews and Jews of Christ's time knew exactly what it meant, and same sex pairings were treated with total contempt or death in the Jewish culture. He says quite clearly he knows the number of feathers on a sparrow, and the number of hairs on your head. So he obviously takes a personal interest in each of us. Its interesting that you speak of Odin, whose followers were conquered by Christianity, and now are being conquered by the satanic moslems. I have no concern about what homosexuals get up to in the world, it means nothing to me. My concern is only with What occurs in the Church

shmogie

Wait. Thats contradicting. Promiscuous sex, adultry, and fornification are based on lust. According to scripture, in the gospels, homosexual acts are included. Its all lust.

No other reason.

Fortunately, we homosexuals understand ourselves probably a bit more than the peopls who lusted in many ways in the bible. With our husbands or wives we tend to see our spouses differently than what you read in scripture.

Youre not getting you are talking about two different things stuffed under one name.
No, the homosexual act was considered separately, and it made no difference if it was lustful or not. The motivation was not relevant, the act was

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No, homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Christian community, therefore a de facto condemnation of homosexual marriage is obvious. Duh
You do not get to speak for all of Christendom. Many Christians do not condemn homosexuality, and they aren't a slim or barely existent minority either.

shmogie

No other reason.

LOL! They can call themselves Christian, and still be for same-sex marriage, because the Bible says nothing against same-sex marriage.

Roses are read, violets are blue, donald trump is crazy and so are you
You do not get to speak for all of Christendom. Many Christians do not condemn homosexuality, and they aren't a slim or barely existent minority either.
The Bible speaks for Christianity, what others accept or deny is no concern of mine

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
As I said, you are unhinged. Sodomite comes from the Biblical story where the mass of homosexuals in the city wanted to have sex with the three angels, whom they took as beautiful boys. Sodom was destroyed because of this. It hasn't existed for well over 3,000 years. A sodomite is a homosexual, has been the term since the destruction of Sodom. I have no idea who Creech and Boswell are, but they are part of that wrong small minority I was speaking of. Your sources are wrong, your reasoning is wrong, your conclusions are wrong. The majority of translators, linguists and scholars say so. If you had the bodily form of a man, I would say you were pissn" in the wind, but since I can't say that, take your spurious sources, your ridiculous assertions, your faulty and wrong research,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and put them,......................away. The height of arrogance is an ant crawling up an elephants leg with rape on his mind, presenting the nonsense you come up with is about the same. DEAD WRONG

Obviously you didn't pay attention to the FACTS given further back. LOL!

"Sodom" is not actually the name of the town - it is

sedôm

sed-ome'

From an unused root meaning to scorch; burnt (that is, volcanic or bituminous) district; Sedom, a place near the Dead Sea: - Sodom.

It was called that before Lot moved there, - and before the supposed angels events, - and obviously has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Nor does one word "yada," being mistranslated, make the story about homosexual sex. YHVH uses the word when he tells us what he is going down to Sodom to do. I'm guessing he wasn't going down for Gay sex.

And as also previously shown - another text uses the same word to mean they wanted to "KILL" him.

And again - even your Strong's will tell you LATER Sodomite was used for Qadesh, - Sacred Sex Prostitutes.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Oh, but I have, over and over again

Actually - I have asked you repeatedly to attempt to rebut what I have posted.

You have not done so. I expect proof of what you are positing.

I always give proof for what I am putting forward, such as the actual Greek or Hebrew.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Roses are read, violets are blue, donald trump is crazy and so are you

The Bible speaks for Christianity, what others accept or deny is no concern of mine

You have again - jumped into ATTACK the poster, rather then the rebuttal!!!

Knock it OFF!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yes, but clearly there is a great deal of disagreement over a great many things. Every schism and every denomination more than speak volumes of this fact.

shmogie

Is it time to report you?

Stop the personal attacks on me, - and reply only to the post material!

It is wrong, it is erroneous, it is unaccepted by the overwhelming majority of translators and scholars
Yes, but clearly there is a great deal of disagreement over a great many things. Every schism and every denomination more than speak volumes of this fact.
True, denominations major in minors. I and my denomination, and most Protestant denominations hold to sola scriptura