• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Hitler was raised a Roman Catholic, he became an occultist, and according to others in the bunker, he died an atheist.
So you've never read Mein Kampf? Or read any of his speeches?
Do you think incest is supported by the Jewish or Christian faith, as pedophilia is supported and practiced in islam ?
Considering Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt for looking back, but Lot was not punished for having drunken sex with his own daughters, I'm hesitant to say the Bible condemns it.
And, no, pedophilia is not practiced as a part of Islam.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
In a poll of muslim countries by Gallup , 80% percent agreed that the death of an apostate was right and acceptable. Over 60% agreed that a woman( only the woman) be executed for adultery, approaching 90% of them said muslim countries had every right to discriminate against, and keep out non muslims there were more questions, but those are the ones I remember. I believe the percentage is high in any muslim population, but the tacit approval and support of the rest of the community is 99%. The sunni countries have high support of isis
Actually, when you look at those studies, there is often great variance among the various Muslim countries, and that says nothing for Muslims outside of those countries.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
He speaks for wahabbism a virulent sect of islam, it says it in the hadith. My criticism of islam is not shaky, it is based upon comprehensive study of the system after 9/11. :prove the Bible the Bible contains pedophilia, chapter and verse

Na'arah means a prepubescent child! Probably an infant to around ten. Note she still has a nurse.

Gen 24:16 And the damsel (NA'ARAH - PREPUBESCENT child!) was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.

Gen 24:59 And they sent away Rebekah their sister, and her NURSE (YANAK -MILK NURSE,) and Abraham's servant, and his men.

Gen 24:67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

And we know they actually did it as we have these sources as well.

Talmud. "Rabbi Joseph said, 'Come and hear. A maiden aged 3 years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition.'

MISHNAH: A girl of the age of 3 years and a day may be betrothed, subject to her father's approval, by sexual intercourse.

GEMARA: Our Rabbis taught: 'A girl of the age of 3 years may be betrothed by sexual intercourse."

Josephus, Antiquities, XIX, 354 - It is even stated that - "A girl aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition, and if her deceased husbands brother cohabited with her, she becomes his." - 80

This is an Islamic groups page - about this Jewish practice. I added it because of the many references listed. http://discover-the-truth.com/2013/...riage-in-ancient-israelite-times-paedophilia/

The truth is that most patriarchal cultures had sex with little girls, little boys, or both, and many still do.

Deidre

I think you have the right to believe whatever you choose ! In my opinion, the Bible isn't a guide that one can decide follow or not as they choose. Note the title of this thread, it's kind of obvious that a variety of positions were expected to be presented.Or, do you think it's intent was for only one position to be presented, and everyone could post and counterpost congratulations to one another ? Presenting a position, and defending it are neither throwing stones, or judging. It simply as a Biblical position. If the greenhouse walks up to you, and says "throw some rocks at me I want to look at them more closely", and you do............................................................................................
The Bible is clear on many issues, but many heterosexual Christians overlook the passages that pertain to them. It is far easier to for them to chastise homosexuals, than look at their own sexual sin. The Bible states many things, but it isn't meant to be a tool for humans to condemn other humans.

Deidre

If I may ask...curious of your opinion on this is all :)

When you say sex outside of marriage is a sin, do you consider that homosexuals could be married within Christianity, or do you think that contrary to the belief system? There are of course churches that marry gay couples.

In my own personal worldview? I feel that consenting adults should be permitted to marry one another, heterosexual or homosexual. But, in my faith view, Jesus teaches that people shouldn't be having sex of any type outside of marriage. In my personal worldview, if consenting adults love one another, or even if they don't...it's their own decision. But, in my faith view, I believe that Biblical morals and truths are to help us, not hinder us. It is a worthwhile thing to wait for someone to love and care for you, before giving your body away. At the same time, I don't think there is anything wrong if consenting adults are not in love, and have sex. Its not something I get hung up on per se.

Part of any Christian's 'struggle' if such a Christian is honest, is that internal struggle between following one's own worldview, and Jesus.I think that Christ wants what is in our best interest, and sometimes, we just want what feels good at the moment.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Na'arah means a prepubescent child! Probably an infant to around ten. Note she still has a nurse.

Gen 24:16 And the damsel (NA'ARAH - PREPUBESCENT child!) was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.

Gen 24:59 And they sent away Rebekah their sister, and her NURSE (YANAK -MILK NURSE,) and Abraham's servant, and his men.

Gen 24:67 And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.

And we know they actually did it as we have these sources as well.

Talmud. "Rabbi Joseph said, 'Come and hear. A maiden aged 3 years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition.'

MISHNAH: A girl of the age of 3 years and a day may be betrothed, subject to her father's approval, by sexual intercourse.

GEMARA: Our Rabbis taught: 'A girl of the age of 3 years may be betrothed by sexual intercourse."

Josephus, Antiquities, XIX, 354 - It is even stated that - "A girl aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition, and if her deceased husbands brother cohabited with her, she becomes his." - 80

This is an Islamic groups page - about this Jewish practice. I added it because of the many references listed. http://discover-the-truth.com/2013/...riage-in-ancient-israelite-times-paedophilia/

The truth is that most patriarchal cultures had sex with little girls, little boys, or both, and many still do.

How in the #ell does any man have sexual intercourse with a 3 year old???????????????
I would think if any man could defeat the disgust at such an act that the act would
very likely KILL a 3 year old baby?
W.T.F???????????????????????????

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
How in the #ell does any man have sexual intercourse with a 3 year old???????????????
I would think if any man could defeat the disgust at such an act that the act would
very likely KILL a 3 year old baby?
W.T.F???????????????????????????

Pretty much my reaction as well. However, their law allowed it.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Well upon further investigation proves out that the Ancient Jews did allow a girl
of age 3 to be married and HAVE INTERCOURSE if hubby didn't mind.
Since multiple wives were the norm also let's hope the primitive bastages
waited till she at least reached puberty.
I hope the hubby would not attempt such an act with a baby of 3 years.
Were I in such a position I'd simply refuse to "marry" a baby of three!
However a 20 year old has possibilities.:D:D

JoStories

Oh gosh, Jostories. Can I ask you personally? Are you actively reading my posts? I will try to make this eaiser to read. I read all posts in full; but this one kinda bothered me. It has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

You have asked me these same questions somewhere between 5 to 10 times now. Do you think I am mentally incompetent or just plain stupid? I was aware your murder example was an analogy. I was trying to point out that one can take a number of verses from the Bible and set them contrary to each other. And also that one can manipulate the Bible to have it say what one wants or does not want. That being said, I won't respond to the rest of your post as it is redundant and I have gotten your point, despite you thinking I am unable to understand a person's post.

JoStories

I only respond to others. I came to this thread explain and present a position. For days I have been bombarded by silly and superficial questions. I don't back down. I only care within the context of the Christianity, as Paul explained. If you, and others who think like you would stop asking questions........................................................................
You have asked just as many questions or inserted your views even when not asked. And since questions seem to trouble you so much, I will refrain from asking you any. As for you and your views from the Bible, etc, you have made those abundantly clear. It would seem you are beating a dead horse as you are not changing anyone's mind nor impressing anyone with your rude remarks. That does not seem very Christ-like to me.

JoStories

Pretty much my reaction as well. However, their law allowed it.

Its not lawful but here in my state, a young man had his daughter at home, and she was less than 3. He did rape her, and yes, she did die from the injuries. The man was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. (we don't have the death penalty here). So speaking to Jeager...yes, it can happen.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You have asked me these same questions somewhere between 5 to 10 times now. Do you think I am mentally incompetent or just plain stupid? I was aware your murder example was an analogy. I was trying to point out that one can take a number of verses from the Bible and set them contrary to each other. And also that one can manipulate the Bible to have it say what one wants or does not want. That being said, I won't respond to the rest of your post as it is redundant and I have gotten your point, despite you thinking I am unable to understand a person's post.

Thats what it is like, being redundent. Its not on purpose and it is not competely my fault. Its something Ideal with medically on a daily basis given my brain surgery and seizures. I wont go into details; and yes, that is an excuse and medically proven. My point was, do you understand my point...if you do, I dont see it because instead of rephrasing what I said you are defending yourself as if I havent heard what you said again and again.

All I look for is understanding. Nothing more. I hate cut of conversations based on misunderstanding. It makes me feel stupid and when I am called stupid (in general not you) then it takes even a deeper outlook on things.

I honestly dont see how your murder post has to do with my example. Call me stupid or naive, that is okay. I cant make people be patient. As a teacher, that is what I have to do--be patient and keep rephasing what I say so my students understand the language well. These students are adults looking up to me for knowledge that I am still learning myself.

Anyway, I dont understand how you came to the conclusion you did. I just know your argument. Its fine to voice an opinion and why you feel feel the way you do. Its a whole nother thing to explain the logistics behind it without cuting off everything.

edit.

ha. thats probably another reason I repeat. I do it with my students all the time. Interesting.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In my own personal worldview? I feel that consenting adults should be permitted to marry one another, heterosexual or homosexual. But, in my faith view, Jesus teaches that people shouldn't be having sex of any type outside of marriage. In my personal worldview, if consenting adults love one another, or even if they don't...it's their own decision. But, in my faith view, I believe that Biblical morals and truths are to help us, not hinder us. It is a worthwhile thing to wait for someone to love and care for you, before giving your body away. At the same time, I don't think there is anything wrong if consenting adults are not in love, and have sex. Its not something I get hung up on per se.

Part of any Christian's 'struggle' if such a Christian is honest, is that internal struggle between following one's own worldview, and Jesus.I think that Christ wants what is in our best interest, and sometimes, we just want what feels good at the moment.

Thats beatiful. I find it easier and more open minded in heart when you can hold certain beliefs and still see the beauty and allow the rights of others to experience the same as well.

I think your reconversion helped you more than you may realize on the inside. :)

JoStories

The commandment in Hebrew is actually " do not murder " not the same thing at all. As to the slaughter of the cannanites, it is a tough thing to accept. Apparently they were so contaminated with evil, they were to be eradicated completely, anything living associated with them was to be destroyed. I don't spend a lot of time in the OT, perhaps I should, but I don't think they were considered sub human, just totally depraved humans. That was then, this is now, for 2,000 years Christianity has been under a different dispensation, a different approach, a different law. Of course people alleging themselves to be Christians have abused it, but you cannot judge principles based on others not keeping them. I don't worry at all about harmless homosexuals, why should I
Regarding what I highlighted, just a few posts ago you stated that the minds of men in that time frame had not changed. You said: "The Hebrews and Jews of Christ's time knew exactly what it meant, " and yet above you are stating that it was different. One cannot have things both ways. And yes, I do realize that you are speaking above about laws and customs, etc, while in the other remark, you stated that the people knew what it meant exactly. You cannot know that. It is an impossibility.

shmogie

The above highlighted word is against forum rules as it is the same as calling a Black American a n****r. Use it again and I will report you.
What aree yiu talking aboiut ?>
The above highlighted word is against forum rules as it is the same as calling a Black American a n****r. Use it again and I will report you.
I don't use that word, always homosexual. I have MS, some times I miss key's. If it makes you feel better, report me

shmogie

Regarding what I highlighted, just a few posts ago you stated that the minds of men in that time frame had not changed. You said: "The Hebrews and Jews of Christ's time knew exactly what it meant, " and yet above you are stating that it was different. One cannot have things both ways. And yes, I do realize that you are speaking above about laws and customs, etc, while in the other remark, you stated that the people knew what it meant exactly. You cannot know that. It is an impossibility.
I can know that because it is clearly written. I can know that because the history is clear. It takes an illogical jump to assume that suddenly the 1500 year teaching of Judaism suddenly changed in a tiny pocket of time