• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
sunrise123 said:
There's nothing wrong with being gay. It would be better if sex was within a loving bond of holy matrimony.
So, as long as they are married?
Let me unpack my comment. Having a same sex attraction to me is not "wrong" but a normal part of existence just as many other species have gay sex. The word "better" expresses a preference for two people have a loving bond and a commitment to each other which marriage offers.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So you're saying that most of the NT is questionable? All of the Apostles accepted him as being sent by Jesus, but we shouldn't? Paul wrote 12 or more of the letters in the NT, if he is questionable, why would God allow them in the Bible?
God has allowed countless "scriptures" to be written in his name. Many contradict each other, so, if God exists, he allows incorrect things to be written in his name. So, I don't see your point.

Also, we have no way of knowing whether the apostles bought Paul's story. And, we don't know whether they had authority either.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Paul wrote 12 or more of the letters in the NT, if he is questionable, why would God allow them in the Bible?
What Paul wrote was more in line with OT law, which is very much at odds with the boundless love, patients, and forgiveness of Christ. And, you also have to consider, it was a council of men who decided what ultimately would be included in the Bible and what would be omitted.

djhwoodwerks

Also, we have no way of knowing whether the apostles bought Paul's story. And, we don't know whether they had authority either.

Here's a few scriptures that say they bought his story. This is Peter writing, correct? So there are at least 2 apostles that bought his story.

Act 11:25-26 (ESVST) 25 So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch.

Act 13:1-3 (ESVST) . 2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." 3 Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off.

Act 13:9-10 (ESVST) 9 But Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10 and said, "You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?

Ananias believed him.

Act 9:16-17 (ESVST) ." 17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, " Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Here's a few scriptures that say they bought his story. This is Peter writing, correct? So there are at least 2 apostles that bought his story.

Act 11:25-26 (ESVST) 25 So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch.

Act 13:1-3 (ESVST) . 2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." 3 Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off.

Act 13:9-10 (ESVST) 9 But Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10 and said, "You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?

Ananias believed him.

Act 9:16-17 (ESVST) ." 17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, " Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
Again, we don't know who wrote those passages. Can you support your claim that St. Paul wrote these passages?

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Ananias believed him.

My main point is that it is absurd to quote scripture as if its authors are qualified to speak for God without first sufficiently substantiation the claim that scripture is accurate. Obviously, we all know what scripture claims. The point is that we have no way of knowing whether it is accurate or has authority. So, you have to go to rational arguments to support claims about God's will in a forum where people don't "buy into" the scriptures you do. Honestly, it's a bit disrespectful to quote scripture as fact without even bothering to support said scripture's authority.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I don't have a religion and being gay is fine by me. What about you guys??
I don't belong to any organized religion, per se. But, I am a Christian, and I strongly doubt that St. Paul had any authority to speak for God. Thus, I find using Paul as an authority on God's will rather than relying on a reasoned argument is pretty pathetic.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I believe they will bend over backwards to try to make it say what they want it to say. God sees through that type of subterfuge. They might fool the naive but not a person led by God.

Same goes for the followers. People bend over backwards to make the entire bible not applicable.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Love covers a multitude of sins. Love is not sinful.

Love is not a respecter of persons.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't belong to any organized religion, per se. But, I am a Christian, and I strongly doubt that St. Paul had any authority to speak for God. Thus, I find using Paul as an authority on God's will rather than relying on a reasoned argument is pretty pathetic.

paul was a gnostic. how deep is your love? is it like the ocean? nirvana?

2 Corinthians 3:3
clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gnostic-Paul-Exegesis-Pauline/dp/1563380390

http://www.serenitystreetnews.com/H...ks/144000/Elaine Pagels, The Gnostic Paul.pdf

brays

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
So you're saying that most of the NT is questionable? All of the Apostles accepted him as being sent by Jesus, but we shouldn't? Paul wrote 12 or more of the letters in the NT, if he is questionable, why would God allow them in the Bible?

And who has proven God has anything to do with these texts, - let alone allowed them in the Bible?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Ananias believed him.

And we have already put in texts that said some did not trust him and wanted to kill him!

So what is your point?

We only have what was allowed in - by the winners.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Nothing?

Romans 1:24-27 (ESVST) 24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1. That quote wasn't said by me.

2. Even Romans 1:24-27 is about Sacred Sex.

It's pretty obvious if you read it in context, especially from Rom 1:21 down to 26 and 27, that they are talking about sexual acts in relationship to Pagan worship NOT HOMOSEXUALITY.

He is talking to the people of Rome where there are a lot of Temples with Temple Prostitutes.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain (mataioo is actually IDOLATROUS) in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and serpents.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

~~ ~ NOTE: the people in 24 that dishonor their bodies, are the people WHO worship the Act of Creation in 25! Religious Sexuality! ~~~

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of Deity into a lie, and worship and render religious homage to the "Act of Creation" more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto their vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2937 ktisis usually translated "creature" in 25, is actually "Act of Creation"!

Sacred Prostitution (IDOLATRY) would be considered vile and unnatural for both men and women. Also, women becoming Sacred Prostitutes - rather then traditionally marrying - would be considered unnatural. These Sacred Prostitutes had all kinds of sex - including with animals - mentioned in one of the other mistaken - so called - against homosexuality texts.

Homosexuals don't change the image of God into a Serpent, and have sex in front of it in an act of RELIGIOUS WORSHIP - in honor of the ACT OF CREATION!

djhwoodwerks

Honestly, it's a bit disrespectful to quote scripture as fact without even bothering to support said scripture's authority.

If you feel disrespected in a Christian forum to quote scripture, maybe you should find a non-Christian forum, huh! Scripture is final authority to me.

djhwoodwerks

1. That quote wasn't said by me.

2. Even Romans 1:24-27 is about Sacred Sex.

It's pretty obvious if you read it in context, especially from Rom 1:21 down to 26 and 27, that they are talking about sexual acts in relationship to Pagan worship NOT HOMOSEXUALITY.

He is talking to the people of Rome where there are a lot of Temples with Temple Prostitutes.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain (mataioo is actually IDOLATROUS) in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and serpents.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

~~ ~ NOTE: the people in 24 that dishonor their bodies, are the people WHO worship the Act of Creation in 25! Religious Sexuality! ~~~

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of Deity into a lie, and worship and render religious homage to the "Act of Creation" more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto their vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

2937 ktisis usually translated "creature" in 25, is actually "Act of Creation"!

Sacred Prostitution (IDOLATRY) would be considered vile and unnatural for both men and women. Also, women becoming Sacred Prostitutes - rather then traditionally marrying - would be considered unnatural. These Sacred Prostitutes had all kinds of sex - including with animals - mentioned in one of the other mistaken - so called - against homosexuality texts.

Homosexuals don't change the image of God into a Serpent, and have sex in front of it in an act of RELIGIOUS WORSHIP - in honor of the ACT OF CREATION!

Someone got their feelings hurt!!