• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

djhwoodwerks

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of Deity into a lie, and worship and render religious homage to the "Act of Creation" more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

g2937. κτίσις ktisis; from 2936; original formation ( properly, the act; by implication, the thing, literally or figuratively): — building, creation, creature, ordinance. AV ( 19)- creature 11, creation 6, building 1, ordinance 1; the act of founding, establishing, building etc the act of creating, creation creation i. e. thing created of individual things, beings, a creature, a creation anything created after a rabbinical usage ( by which a man converted from idolatry to Judaism was called) the sum or aggregate of things created institution, ordinance.

Out of that whole definition, you pick out "the act of creating" just to make what you say "SEEM" correct. My, my, my, nice try!

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Someone got their feelings hurt!!

What? How did you get "hurt feelings" out of FACTS?

FACTS are FACTS!

The texts you folks claim are against homosexuality, - are in reality against Sacred Prostitutes, - Sacred Sex, - IDOLATRY.

Perhaps you would like to rebut the rebuttal - rather then start this crap?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
g2937. κτίσις ktisis; from 2936; original formation ( properly, the act; by implication, the thing, literally or figuratively): — building, creation, creature, ordinance. AV ( 19)- creature 11, creation 6, building 1, ordinance 1; the act of founding, establishing, building etc the act of creating, creation creation i. e. thing created of individual things, beings, a creature, a creation anything created after a rabbinical usage ( by which a man converted from idolatry to Judaism was called) the sum or aggregate of things created institution, ordinance.

Out of that whole definition, you pick out "the act of creating" just to make what you say "SEEM" correct. My, my, my, nice try!

LOL! Context my man!

Would you care to explain how changing God into a serpent, and having sex in worship and religious homage, - is somehow homosexuality?

I'm waiting.

PS - context - and worship and render religious homage to the "Act of Creation" more than the Creator,

EDIT forgot to add - the FIRST thing - from your deffination -

properly, the act; by implication, the thing, literally or figuratively): — building, creation

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

LOL! Context my man!

Ok, "CONTEXT"

Rom 1:21-27 (ESVST) 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Verse 23, they exchanged the glory of God for images of man, birds, animals and creeping things, "IDOLS". They left God for idols.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 "BECAUSE" they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

Verse 24 "THEREFORE" God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity "TO THE" dishonoring of their bodies (not for the dishonoring their bodies) among themselves, "BECAUSE" they served idols and not God.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Verse 26 "FOR THIS REASON" God gave them up. For what reason? "For the reasons listed in the rest of 26 and verse 27.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ok, "CONTEXT"

Rom 1:21-27 (ESVST) 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Verse 23, they exchanged the glory of God for images of man, birds, animals and creeping things, "IDOLS". They left God for idols.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 "BECAUSE" they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

Verse 24 "THEREFORE" God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity "TO THE" dishonoring of their bodies (not for the dishonoring their bodies) among themselves, "BECAUSE" they served idols and not God.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Verse 26 "FOR THIS REASON" God gave them up. For what reason? "For the reasons listed in the rest of 26 and verse 27.

Don't know what you are trying to prove here.

You are shooting yourself in the foot, - homosexuality ideas are not here, as shown.

Number 23 says they,- exchanged the IMAGE of God for serpents, etc. That is idolatry - not homosexuality.

Number 24 just says thus God left them to what they were already doing. Number 25 is a continuation of 24.

Number 25 tells us specifically that this is WORSHIP & Religious Homage, - thus not having anything to do with homosexuality.

And 25 says WHO, - not because.

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and serpents.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

~~ ~ NOTE: the people in 24 that dishonor their bodies, are the people WHO worship the Act of Creation in 25! Religious Sexuality! ~~~

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of Deity into a lie, and worship and render religious homage to the "Act of Creation" more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Doesn't matter how you try to squeeze around it. - it is not about homosexuality. It is about Sacred Prostitution - Sacred Sex. Worship by sex.

The idea being that sex between the God and Goddess brought all into creation. Thus Sacred Sex in their honor, - making it IDOLATRY for the Hebrew. Worship of another God.

rusra02

Premium Member
Trying to argue the Bible does not condemn homosexual acts is futile, IMO. Here is the Intelinear text:

"Or οὐκ not οἴδατε have you known ὅτι that ἄδικοι unjust (ones) θεοῦ of God βασιλείαν kingdom οὐ not κληρονομήσουσιν; they will inherit? Μὴ Not πλανᾶσθε· be you being misled; οὔτε neither πόρνοι fornicators οὔτε nor εἰδωλολάτραι idolaters οὔτε norμοιχοὶ adulterers οὔτε nor μαλακοὶ soft [men] οὔτε nor ἀρσενοκοῖται liers with males"

Romans 1:27 calls homosexual desires and acts obscene. Such clear language is not open to successful contradiction. While the thinking of many today concerning homosexuality is confused, what the Bible says is clear and unequivocal, IMO.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
paul was a gnostic. how deep is your love? is it like the ocean? nirvana?

2 Corinthians 3:3
clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gnostic-Paul-Exegesis-Pauline/dp/1563380390

http://www.serenitystreetnews.com/HERSTORY CRAMNOTES/5dterra NOTES AUDIO VIDEO/ebooks/144000/Elaine Pagels, The Gnostic Paul.pdf

brays
You are more than welcome to grant Paul authority. I merely don't buy his story.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
If you feel disrespected in a Christian forum to quote scripture, maybe you should find a non-Christian forum, huh! Scripture is final authority to me.
This isn't a Christian Forum in any way shape or form. Where did you even get that from? This thread is in the "General Religious Discussions" section, and RF is not Christian.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Who is "we"? I don't need anyone to tell me whether scripture is accurate or has authority. The Bible says it's God's Word, that's good enough for me!
If you believe that the Bible is God's word just because it makes that claim about itself, why don't you buy into the countless other scriptures that claim to be God's word?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There is no such thing as "being gay" in my religion (which doesnt touch on this subject) and my worldview. Any hetersexual can "be gay". No one becomes gay either.

We are GBLT+ because our sexual orientation and identity as male or female are who we are. We cant change that.

The question should be "does your religion accept homosexuals?"

Because when we love another person in commitment and/or marriage, it is not lust. That love action is a part of our internal expresssion towards our other. If no religion accepts that, they dont accept love.

I am not part of a loveless religion.

That is my take. I had to think about this a bit before answering.

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
This isn't a Christian Forum in any way shape or form. Where did you even get that from? This thread is in the "General Religious Discussions" section, and RF is not Christian.
When I saw that post I immediately wondered if anyone corrected him and if no one had I was going to. It's amazing that we get so many people in here that think that this is a Christian forum. I have to wonder what brings them to that thought. They aren't attending a private party, they have have wandered into a huge block party.

djhwoodwerks

Right back at you. It doesn't matter how you try to squeeze around it.

Let's use the scripture that you have quoted.

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and serpents.

Do you agree that verse 23 says they made idols to worship and serve instead of God?

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

In verse 24 you have "wherefore" and "to dishonor their own bodies between themselves" underlined as if they really have an impact on what you want it to say. Let's look at this little word "ALSO". In verse 23 they had made idols to serve and worship in place of God. In verse 24 it says, "Wherefore God "ALSO" gave them up to the uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts". "BECAUSE" they left God to serve idols, He gave them up to the desires of their hearts "ALSO".

You didn't quote the verses that are about the main topic of this thread, for some reason, but here they are.

Rom 1:26-27 (ESVST) 26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Verse 26; "For this reason" God gave them up to dishonorable passions." For what reason? For the reasons listed in the rest of those verses.

Are these verses not talking about homosexuality either?

Lev 18:21-22 (ESVST) 21 You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God:I am the Lord. 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Lev 20:13 (ESVST) 13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

djhwoodwerks

If you believe that the Bible is God's word just because it makes that claim about itself, why don't you buy into the countless other scriptures that claim to be God's word?

I believe that the Bible, the Holy Bible that I use is the Word of God that He wants us to have. I only use a "VERSION" of the Bible, i.e., the KJV, ESV, ASV, ISV, I will not use a Bible that is called "TRANSLATION", like the NWT, DNT, NET. A "TRANSLATION" of the Bible is often a person/s translating it to say what they want it to say, like the NWT of the Watchtower. They have written and re-written their Bible to suit their needs.

I believe that God wants us to know Him and His Son Jesus, why, would He then not allow an accurate account of history to be told so we can know them? I look at it this way, if I walk as the Bible says God wants me to walk and it's not true, (which I believe in my whole being that it is) when I die I have lost nothing. If death is the end of it all, I have lost nothing. But, if it is true, the people that claim it's not and deny God and our Savior, they have lost everything! If it is true, if there is a God, if there is an eternal hell, I have still lost nothing. But what about unbelievers? They have make a terrible judgment call and will pay for eternity!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I believe that the Bible, the Holy Bible that I use is the Word of God that He wants us to have. I only use a "VERSION" of the Bible, i.e., the KJV, ESV, ASV, ISV, I will not use a Bible that is called "TRANSLATION", like the NWT, DNT, NET. A "TRANSLATION" of the Bible is often a person/s translating it to say what they want it to say, like the NWT of the Watchtower. They have written and re-written their Bible to suit their needs.

I believe that God wants us to know Him and His Son Jesus, why, would He then not allow an accurate account of history to be told so we can know them? I look at it this way, if I walk as the Bible says God wants me to walk and it's not true, (which I believe in my whole being that it is) when I die I have lost nothing. If death is the end of it all, I have lost nothing. But, if it is true, the people that claim it's not and deny God and our Savior, they have lost everything! If it is true, if there is a God, if there is an eternal hell, I have still lost nothing. But what about unbelievers? They have make a terrible judgment call and will pay for eternity!
I was referring to scriptures from other religions that claim to be God's word. Why do you grant the Bible authority, but refuse to grant authority to the other scriptures that make the same claim?

djhwoodwerks

I was referring to scriptures from other religions that claim to be God's word. Why do you grant the Bible authority, but refuse to grant authority to the other scriptures that make the same claim?

Like I said, if other religions use a "TRANSLATION" of the Bible, it holds no wait with me, because they have translated it to fit their teaching, like the WT. If they use a "VERSION" of they Bible it will be the same as I use. If a religion uses "their own" translated Bible, I will not even look at it because they have written it to say what they want you to believe, not what it really says.

djhwoodwerks

Maybe you should research the difference between a "TRANSLATION" and a "VERSION" of the Bible, if you don't already know. I'm not making any assumption here, just a suggestion.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Like I said, if other religions use a "TRANSLATION" of the Bible, it holds no wait with me, because they have translated it to fit their teaching, like the WT. If they use a "VERSION" of they Bible it will be the same as I use. If a religion uses "their own" translated Bible, I will not even look at it because they have written it to say what they want you to believe, not what it really says.
Again, I'm not talking about other versions or translations of the Bible. Most if not all scriptures (the Quran for example) claim to be the word of God. So, there must be some kind of reason as to why you grant the Bible validity but not other scriptures (again, by "other scriptures" I am not referring to other versions or translations of the Bible).

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You are more than welcome to grant Paul authority. I merely don't buy his story.
i'm gnostic. i don't practice idolatry to any created thing; which is simply a reflection of the paramatman.

you can't profit from what you can't control. by their fruits you know them. fornication is a metaphor for idolatry. abominations is a metaphor for idolatry

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Again, I'm not talking about other versions or translations of the Bible. Most if not all scriptures (the Quran for example) claim to be the word of God. So, there must be some kind of reason as to why you grant the Bible validity but not other scriptures (again, by "other scriptures" I am not referring to other versions or translations of the Bible).

and how many infinite ways might the idea of love be expressed?

And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

I AM alive