• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I am a gay running a construction site with a few hundreds of people. I am confirmed that I am the best to do my job.What else?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
if it's not homo sex, what do you think it is?
An explanation of Ying and Yang...the ying is the large slow watery female tortoise...juxtaposed for explanatory purposes with the yang small fast airy male bee.... And you say you are a Taoist...where have you studied?

chevron1

An explanation of Ying and Yang...the ying is the large slow watery female tortoise...juxtaposed for explanatory purposes with the yang small fast airy male bee.... And you say you are a Taoist...where have you studied?

not if its a race of all female tortoises and a separate race of all male bees. they can be yin and yang but that makes no sense as an explanation of yin and yang in that passage about sexual diversity.

as for where i trained, i practice a new form of taoism: metaphysical taoism. the new taoism (which includes other modernized forms) remains mostly hidden for now. it is being developed in china or what i call china world, which includes other countries in asia that have a taoist presence. my masters live somewhere in the orient, and some of them belong to lineages of china's royal houses. of course, they are ordinary citizens today, but they still practice the state religions that conferred the Mandate of Heaven to each ruling administration. in china world, they almost cannot be seen. they could seem like the religious taoists of the established sects or even a feng shui master, who spends time aligning rooms and redirecting energy flows. what they really practice in new taoism, they rarely teach. watch china world carefully and one day, you may witness the birth of new religion from old religion.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Am I being presumptuous to consider you having a confirmation bias in this topic?

Yes, you are. I do have gay friends who have been victimised because of their sexuality, and I know that homophobia and bigotry hurts people. So I have a zero-tolerance to homophobia and bigotry, particularly when it comes from religious traditions that claim to preach peace and brotherly love. The Abrahamic faiths are the worst offenders, shame on them.

I certainly wouldn't get involved in a religious tradition that promoted or condoned homophobia, bigotry and intolerance. Would you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
not if its a race of all female tortoises and a separate race of all male bees. they can be yin and yang but that makes no sense as an explanation of yin and yang in that passage about sexual diversity.

as for where i trained, i practice a new form of taoism: metaphysical taoism. the new taoism (which includes other modernized forms) remains mostly hidden for now. it is being developed in china or what i call china world, which includes other countries in asia that have a taoist presence. my masters live somewhere in the orient, and some of them belong to lineages of china's royal houses. of course, they are ordinary citizens today, but they still practice the state religions that conferred the Mandate of Heaven to each ruling administration. in china world, they almost cannot be seen. they could seem like the religious taoists of the established sects or even a feng shui master, who spends time aligning rooms and redirecting energy flows. what they really practice in new taoism, they rarely teach. watch china world carefully and one day, you may witness the birth of new religion from old religion.
Ok...post modern Chinese Taoism with dike tortoises and poofter bees bringing moralistic revival to the old heterosexual decadence...:rolleyes:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes, you are. I do have gay friends who have been victimised because of their sexuality, and I know that homophobia and bigotry hurts people. So I have a zero-tolerance to homophobia and bigotry, particularly when it comes from religious traditions that claim to preach peace and brotherly love. The Abrahamic faiths are the worst offenders, shame on them.

I certainly wouldn't get involved in a religious tradition that promoted or condoned homophobia, bigotry and intolerance. Would you?
I do not determine truth...nor do I presume to....the religious traditions speak with one voice regarding the error of homo sex...

chevron1

Well the third eye is old hat.....nothing new there....but what part has homo sex got to do with it?

but this is third eye that can be tested in a laboratory. old third eye could not be tested.the best practitioners can function as walking spectrum analyzers. you can read plants, animals insects, etc.

as for homo sex, with meta third eye, a chi-reading form of clairvoyance, you can have the best sex because you can read your partner.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I do not determine truth...nor do I presume to....the religious traditions speak with one voice regarding the error of homo sex...

Nonsense, it's the monotheistic religions that have the main problem, this seems at least partly due to the authors living in a homophobic and patriarchal culture.
In any case in a religious context it's pure hypocrisy to preach peace and brotherly love and then discriminate based on sexuality, gender, whatever. Shame on any religion that promotes or condones discrimination and bigotry.

You sound like you're proud of your bigotry. Appalling. Shame on you and your shallow ideas of spirituality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly of the Phoenix

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

So how is this not a description of homo sex?
Since it's anatomically impossible, as men don't have vaginas, what are they even talking about?

And why doesn't the bible care about lesbians?