• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Nonsense, it's the monotheistic religions that have the main problem, this seems at least partly due to the authors living in a homophobic and patriarchal culture.
In any case in a religious context it's pure hypocrisy to preach peace and brotherly love and then discriminate based on sexuality, gender, whatever. Shame on any religion that promotes or condones discrimination and bigotry.

You sound like you're proud of your bigotry. Appalling. Shame on you and your shallow ideas of spirituality.
Pride has no part in it.....nor does bigotry... I do not steal.....it derives from guidance of the ten commandments.....I am not proud of being honest...not do I consider it bigotry because I feel honesty should be the proper and natural way of human behavior...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Since it's anatomically impossible, as men don't have vaginas, what are they even talking about?

And why doesn't the bible care about lesbians?
It is the yin and yang thing....both female and vagina are ying and both male and and penis are yang....together they are a creative combination.... Homo sex involves the male and penis yang coming together with a male yang and anus ying.....together they are a destructive combination....hiv/aids..

ps...and btw, the bible does imply that a woman who lies with another woman is committing an unnatural act.... Romans 1:26-27

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I would prefer that you get real and stop dressing up your bigotry as something spiritual.
You try to thread bomb with your incessant inane repetitive comments.....you have already accused me of bigotry in your last post to me....and I already have responded to that. Please do not bomb the thread to make your point....I get where you are coming from... .

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Lev 18:22 (ESVST) 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Lev 20:13 (ESVST) 13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

I guess, oh theologian, these aren't about being "GAY" either, are they?

If I may.

No. They are not talking about being gay or homosexuality as understood as an orientation today.

They are strictly speaking of impure sexual acts. There is no mention in scripture that these two homosexual men lie with each as a man with a woman are gay. More than likely they were heterosexuals.

Being gay is not a sin.
A gay person does not commit sexual sin (edit) because he is gay.

ANY person who sleeps with their same gender is sinning.

Being gay has nothing to do with it--according to scripture.

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

Being gay is not a sin.
A gay person does not commit sexual sin (edit) because he is gay.

ANY person who sleeps with their same gender is sinning.

So, you're saying, if a man has sex with a man (by today's standards) he's not committing sin. But if a man "sleeps" with a man, it's sin?

djhwoodwerks

Look's like some "REAL" translators believe it's homosexuality! Let's see, who would hold more wait in their interpretation? Not anyone on here!!!

1Co 6:9-10 (ESVST) 9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:9-10 (HCSBFree) 9 Don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived:No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality, 10 no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God's kingdom.

1Co 6:9-10 (ISV) 9 You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don't you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunks, slanderers, and robbers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:9-10 (NET_LM) 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, a practicing homosexuals, b 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, a and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:9-10 (NKJV) 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:9-10 (WEB) 9 Or don 't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don' t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortioners, will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Mark 10:5-9 (ESVST) 5 And Jesus said to them, " Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 6 But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female. ' 7 ' Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh. ' So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9 What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So, you're saying, if a man has sex with a man (by today's standards) he's not committing sin. But if a man "sleeps" with a man, it's sin?

Im saying any man-gay, straight, alien-who sleeps with another man no matter the time period is commiting a sin.

Homosexuality in the bible has nothing to do with orientation. It is talking about sexual impurity between two or more people: being gay has nothing to do with it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Right. If a person believes he/she is gay, but never has sex with the same gender, they have not sinned.

Can you see how the scriptures you quoted have nothing to do with homosexuality and being gay?

How can anyone connect a gay person to same-gender acts?

I mean, I bet all the people who sined in the bible where heterosexual; I wouldnt be surprised.

That said, where in scripture does it say homosexuality is wrong?

@djhwoodwerks given the context. I honestly feel its biblical translation bias

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
But this is a translation of Hebrew by Hebrews....where is your proof these Jews do not understand what their Torah means?

Doesn't matter what modern group came up with that.

The FACTS are that it does not say that, and there is no - as with a!

These are additions to make it seem to say what they believe.

Again - all YOU have to do is look up the actual Hebrew words, - in order - and you will know it does not say that.

How do I know it isn't that English translation?

Simple, - I looked it up in the Hebrew, - and translated it word for word, - in order.

When you do this - the additions are glaring.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Like I said, if other religions use a "TRANSLATION" of the Bible, it holds no wait with me, because they have translated it to fit their teaching, like the WT. If they use a "VERSION" of they Bible it will be the same as I use. If a religion uses "their own" translated Bible, I will not even look at it because they have written it to say what they want you to believe, not what it really says.

WHAT?

That is actually quite funny.

If you agree with the translation/version then it is accurate?

In reality - Except for the originals in their original languages, EVERYTHING else is a translation.

And it matters thence to accuracy, if the VERSION you are using is inaccurately translated to begin with.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I do not determine truth...nor do I presume to....the religious traditions speak with one voice regarding the error of homo sex...

Only later when we have contact with homophobic people, or homophobes in charge, especially of translations.

In this thread we have posted information about many of the ancient cultures that included homosexuality, including native Americans.

Even Roman Emperors married men. We have texts showing some early CHRISTIAN groups did not discriminate against them (obviously they didn't read those verses as being against homosexuals,) as they married homosexual couples in the church.

Read this whole thread all the way through. It is very interesting.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Doesn't matter what modern group came up with that.

The FACTS are that it does not say that, and there is no - as with a!

These are additions to make it seem to say what they believe.

Again - all YOU have to do is look up the actual Hebrew words, - in order - and you will know it does not say that.

How do I know it isn't that English translation?

Simple, - I looked it up in the Hebrew, - and translated it word for word, - in order.

When you do this - the additions are glaring.

Fine, why don't you show the relevant Hebrew passage.with the translation....with a link to the concordance or whatever the source?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Pride has no part in it.....nor does bigotry... I do not steal.....it derives from guidance of the ten commandments.....I am not proud of being honest...not do I consider it bigotry because I feel honesty should be the proper and natural way of human behavior...

WHAT?

o_O They added - no homosexuality - to the ten commandments when I wasn't looking? :confused:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Only later when we have contact with homophobic people, or homophobes in charge, especially of translations.

In this thread we have posted information about many of the ancient cultures that included homosexuality, including native Americans.

Even Roman Emperors married men. We have texts showing some early CHRISTIAN groups did not discriminate against them (obviously they didn't read those verses as being against homosexuals,) as they married homosexual couples in the church.

Read this whole thread all the way through. It is very interesting.

Until you provide the link to the Hebrew translation of the relevant passages...your rhetoric means squat!