• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Let's get one thing straight, someone named Allah may be who you worship, be he is not the God of the Bible. Just because someone decided to write in Abraham and Jesus into the Quran does not give the Quran credibility. The Bible and the Quran are at opposite ends of the pole.
Islam is an Abrahamic religion....the God of Abraham is the God of Islam...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
LOL!

Let us turn this around -

You provide evidence of the NON existent words - (as with a ) woman, in the original text.

You can't do it, - as they are not there, - thus PROVING - YOU and those translations - are wrong.

I did not do the translation...Hebrew scholars did the translation....both Jewish scholars and Cristian scholars.. Where is this translation you claim is different, and who is the scholar who carried it out?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Corrected...but you ignored the important part...."No link or reference to, not single Hebrew words, but the relevant passage means there isn't one.....why else would you not provide one?"

This is becoming ridiculous!

You already have the relevant passage, as YOU posted it from modern Christian and Jewish sites.

I am challenging the translation - and have given you my translation - and provided Hebrew words and Strong's numbers -

and have also pointed out that some of the words are not actually in the text.

You do not believe a word I say - SO YOU go to one of those sites and prove it to yourself. Skip their translation - and go straight to the Hebrew, - and translate it in order.

The words are not translated in order. The words have other meanings. Some of the words they have in the translations - are NOT actually in the Hebrew text, and that is a FACT!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
This is becoming ridiculous!

You already have the relevant passage, as YOU posted it from modern Christian and Jewish sites.

I am challenging the translation - and have given you my translation - and provided Hebrew words and Strong's numbers -

and have also pointed out that some of the words are not actually in the text.

You do not believe a word I say - SO YOU go to one of those sites and prove it to yourself. Skip their translation - and go straight to the Hebrew, - and translate it in order.

The words are not translated in order. The words have other meanings. Some of the words they have in the translations - are NOT actually in the Hebrew text, and that is a FACT!

Are you a scholar of ancient Hebrew?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Are you a scholar of ancient Hebrew?

No, however I am studying it.

And by the way - neither are you, - and you just keep posting TRANSLATIONS, which I am saying are incorrect.

Again - show where the words - (as with a) are in the text.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I did not do the translation...Hebrew scholars did the translation....both Jewish scholars and Cristian scholars.. Where is this translation you claim is different, and who is the scholar who carried it out?

However, you agree with them without any knowledge of the language.

You seem to have a major block where "translation" is concerned.

I am obviously the one claiming a different translation.

And I have provided my translation, and some of the Hebrew, and Strong's numbers.

And I have repeatedly told YOU to look up the text - which will PROVE it has not been translated in order, and has added words that are NOT in the Hebrew text.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, however I am studying it.

And by the way - neither are you, - and you just keep posting TRANSLATIONS, which I am saying are incorrect.

Again - show where the words - (as with a) are in the text.

Are you suggesting that you know more that the accomplished Jewish and Christian scholars, living an dead, whose translations appear in all the English Abrahamic scriptures in existence? If they are all incorrect....who say so beside you? But in any event, it is safe to say that there is not a scholarly translation in existence that says what you say it does...you are a deceiver...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
However, you agree with them without any knowledge of the language.

You seem to have a major block where "translation" is concerned.

I am obviously the one claiming a different translation.

And I have provided my translation, and some of the Hebrew, and Strong's numbers.

And I have repeatedly told YOU to look up the text - which will PROVE it has not been translated in order, and has added words that are NOT in the Hebrew text.

Ah there we have it....you plucked it out of your thin air....you just made it up by torturing the words to mean what you want them to mean..

There is no published translation of the relevant passage that not imply homo sex is an abomination....

...end of story....

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Are you suggesting that you know more that the accomplished Jewish and Christian scholars, living an dead, whose translations appear in all the English Abrahamic scriptures in existence? If they are all incorrect....who say so beside you? But in any event, it is safe to say that there is not a scholarly translation in existence that says what you say it does ...you are a deceiver..
What did you not understand about that NO?

Anyone studying these has a right to challenge the translations.

You have been shown where Molech worship is alongside these texts, and where words translate as Qadesh = sacred prostitutes, etc.

I am showing that when you put these texts back to their original wording, - leaving out additions, - they are talking about Sacred Sex/Sacred Prostitution, and have NOTHING to do with homosexuals.

I suggest you watch that SLANDER!

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ah there we have it....you plucked it out of your thin air....you just made it up by torturing the words to mean what you want them to mean..

There is no published translation of the relevant passage that not imply homo sex is an abomination....

...end of story....

Pure BULL!

I have shown why those translations are wrong.

For instance - you cannot claim a text that used QADESH (a Sacred Prostitute,) - is a text against homosexuals.

Yet that is exactly what these translations are doing.

Thus they are very obviously wrong.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You are falling apart...there is no text to quote... I suspect you are not even a student of ancient Hebrew... Show us your translated work of the relevant Torah passage?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Pure BULL!

I have shown why those translations are wrong.

For instance - you cannot claim a text that used QADESH (a Sacred Prostitute,) - is a text against homosexuals.

Yet that is exactly what these translations are doing.

Thus they are very obviously wrong.

You have done no such thing.....we have not even seen your translation of the relevant passage...show it or stop this farce of pretending...

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yes...Judaism, Christianity,, and Islam are different religions whose followers worship the one God...the God of Abraham....
And they all think this god wants different things from them. Who's right or wrong? Who knows.

Hence my point that Pascal's wager is garbage.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You have done no such thing.....we have not even seen your translation of the relevant passage...show it or stop this farce of pretending...

Tell me how Qadesh translates to homosexual!

It does not - and there are no scholarly texts saying that it does.

Thus such translations are wrong.

EDIT -

Here is the normal WRONG translation -

Deu 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

Here is the correct translation -

There shall be no Qadeshah (H6948) of the daughters of Israel, nor Qadesh (H6945) of the sons of Israel.

Here is the Strong's with the number -

qâdêsh

kaw-dashe'

From H6942; a (quasi) sacred person, that is, (technically) a (male) devotee (by prostitution) to licentious idolatry: ...

This is a perfect example of the turning of a text which is actually about Sacred Sex/Prostitution - into something else.

Christians use this text as a condemnation of Homosexuals, which it very obviously is not.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Tell me how Qadesh translates to homosexual!

It does not - and there are no scholarly texts saying that it does.

Thus such translations are wrong.

A man who lies with another man as he would a woman......that is homo sex!!!

And all the translations are scholarly...and there are no contrarians wrt the essential point of male homo sex being an abomination...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
While the bickering and fighting about translations continues in the background, I don't believe that God ever condemned homosexuals in the Bible, the Koran or anywhere else. God is love. Man often thinks he knows what God's will is and even puts it in writing to try and cajole the rest of us to accept their interpretation of what God wants. Shenanigans. Don't let texts written by bigots, charlatans and the clueless delude you into thinking that God doesn't love everyone without exception. Stick to love.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
A man who lies with another man as he would a woman......that is homo sex!!!

And all the translations are scholarly...and there are no contrarians wrt the essential point of male homo sex being an abomination...

First - as already shown - there is NO - as with a - so it doesn't say that.

Secondly - even if a male Sacred Prostitute had sex with a male - that would still not make him a homosexual.

It would be a Sacred Prostitute having sex with a male, just like they have sex with females, and animals, etc.

Children were dedicated to the Temple and trained to be Sacred Sex Prostitutes.