• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Just to leave no doubt, since I somehow failed to post in this thread previosly:

No, being homosexual - or anything else in the LGBTQI.. spectrum - is by no means a sin in my religion. Either of them.

They would not be my religions if they had such a glaring flaw.

I believe the flaw is in the eyes of those who can't detect perversion.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Haha,,,,the irony....reread my post....where did I mention the ancient Greek religion.....I spoke of only the Christian and Islam religions... Your reading comprehension is abysmal...

Please in future quote my precise words with which you disagree....and that way you can avoid rambling on about irrelevant stuff....
I did quote your precise words.

I'm trying to explain to you what issue I originally had with someone's post regarding Pascal's Wager. It doesn't matter what deities you are talking about.

I think you're the one who needs to reread posts and address what is actually being said.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
There is of course religious belief, but that will not bring about spiritual transcendence....only serious and prolonged religious practice will do that.. All the main religious teachings will do the job...no one religion has a monopoly on spiritual evolution...but the religious institutions are mostly corrupt and apostate..
You're still missing the point.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So, you are claiming that any "prolonged spiritual practice" will do? Will achieve the same results? That whatever this deity is it doesn't care at all what someone does or believes as long as they are devout about it?

A religion is a set of beliefs regarding our very spiritual existence, often including some form of deity and ritualistic practices of some kind. Now, there are many many religions in the world, both past and present. Many of which contradict each other on what one should believe, what one should do, and repercussions of not doing one or both. All religions cannot be true. It is, frankly, impossible. Now, all religions may hold a bit of truth within them, but they are certainly not all "true". And just because it may well be that all spirits end up the same place it still does not mean that all paths speak "truth", just that the "truth" is that religion, belief, deity...none of it matters anyway.
This ^^

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
"Self-admitted preaching?" Lordy, you really are a twister, anything to score cheap points.

In any case, likening other contributors to pigs and expressing homophobic views in your sermons will only further reduce your credibility. People just aren't interested in buying your snake-oil.
It is a metaphor silly, not literal, and refers to the characteristics of, not the actual....ask yourself why do you incessantly snipe at theists who post divine wisdom, sacred even....and why on this thread did you start on me?

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I believe the flaw is in the eyes of those who can't detect perversion.
I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of my heart.
There's a chance we could make it now, we'll be rockin' til the sun goes down
I believe in a sing called looooove! Ooohhh.

Had to. :D

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Besides not working, it is also immoral and flawed is just about every conceivable way. Pascal was probably misunderstood.
It is, as Shadow Wolf said up stream earlier, really just a thought experiment....it does not represent religious devotion for the sake of the Divine Itself...that's all....silly!