• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Ben, right after this comment you wrote:

That is considered, IMO, somewhat rude.
You have not kept up with the thread....we've gone way past that....I was at the time trying to get Spiny to confirm whether he has a spirit....which you and I agree he had.. I am now persuaded by you and Draka that he agreed with you...

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I have done so on many occasions...you should read the thread....spiritual is a concept that represents a state of reality that is not of this world...a state of transcendence...
I have actually read the entire thread.

I know there are people who look at spiritual matters as things "affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things," or "a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves," as the dictionary defines it. Using that definition, just about anybody can be spiritual. Atheists included.

I know a lot of people who claim they are good people, but I know they are not...
Claiming to be good and claiming to be spiritual aren't the same thing. So I'm not sure where you're going with this comment.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I am not being judgmental.....I am be faithful to Abrahamic religious scripture... You are free to disagree with the scripture and thus with me to honor it...but that does not change the fact of what the bible has to say on the matter... As for the claim that atheists can be spiritual....that has drifted off topic but suffice to say that my own understanding of what spirituality implies...is not the same as those who think that a spiritual atheist is not a oxymoron think...
So who says the Bible is the be-all and end-all on spiritual matters?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Jesus was a Jew...homosexuality is an abomination according to the Torah... Your homosexual or pro-homosexual bigotry is showing in your intolerance to those of us who adhere to the moral codes of the Abrahamic religion...

I am pretty sure pro-homosexuality bigotry isn't a thing lol. There are plenty of things that were a sin for jews that the modern christian and population do now...but I guess people just want to control how others have sex and who they love.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Ok..I see both sides here...the homos and pro-homos trying to impose their false view of the bible position and those that support the Abrahamic moral codes... So are you admitting that the homos and pro-homos are trying to shove their beliefs onto others?

Firstly - we don't generally call ourselves homos. You use this term in an attempt to dehumanize us.

We do not impose a false view of anything. We just want the religious to keep their rules to themselves, let us live, and do our own thing.

The only beliefs that any gay people can impose on someone is their own religious belief. Stop trying to turn it into something it is not.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I have actually read the entire thread.

I know there are people who look at spiritual matters as things "affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things," or "a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves," as the dictionary defines it. Using that definition, just about anybody can be spiritual. Atheists included.

Claiming to be good and claiming to be spiritual aren't the same thing. So I'm not sure where you're going with this comment.
Congratulations...:)
Yes, using that definition.....everyone is spiritual... and therefore it becomes meaningless in a discussion about matters of spirit itself.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Firstly - we don't generally call ourselves homos. You use this term in an attempt to dehumanize us.

We do not impose a false view of anything. We just want the religious to keep their rules to themselves, let us live, and do our own thing.

The only beliefs that any gay people can impose on someone is their own religious belief. Stop trying to turn it into something it is not.
Hi dgirl1986, the language is what it is...

But there are pro-active LGBT who step over the line, rather than just do their own thing...imho...

What is it that you think I am I doing that you want me to stop?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If I expressed anger towards heterosexuals the same way that a lot of religious heterosexuals treated us, most of us would be in jail for assault.
I understand...but I was referring to the animosity I sensed from many posters on this forum merely because of my position...

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Basically monotheists want a monopoly on religion and spirituality, and can't cope with diversity.
Hey, don't paint us all with the same brush. I'm a monotheist, but I'm also progressive. Monotheism teaches that we're all equal children of the Creator and He has chosen to create a glorious diversity reflecting His own multifacetedness. Sexual and gender diversity is but one aspect of that multifacetedness.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Hey, don't paint us all with the same brush. I'm a monotheist, but I'm also progressive. Monotheism teaches that we're all equal children of the Creator and He has chosen to create a glorious diversity reflecting His own multifacetedness. Sexual and gender diversity is but one aspect of that multifacetedness.
What exactly do you think is God's glorious creative purpose of homosexuality.....and where is the scripture to support your claim?