• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

MichelleB

Lying is a choice whereas homosexuality is not. I can understand why actions like stealing and lying are considered to be sinful, but declaring that homosexuality is sinful is no different to saying that being black is sinful or that being female is sinful. It doesn't make sense as a moral code, particularly when lesbians seem to get a free pass.

I hear what you're saying Spiny, however, I'm going to have to disagree with you. I do agree with one thing and that is lying being a choice, because Jehovah gave us free will to make the decisions that we want to, whether it's good or bad, but not homosexuality. People say that they were born that way, but if the Almighty is against homosexuality, then why would he make it where as soon as you're out of the womb you're gay...it doesn't make any sense. As for the black/female thing, you can't compare the three together, because Jehovah's words stated in the Bible that homosexuality would NOT inherit the Kingdom, as well as the ones practicing homosexual acts (1 Corinthians 6:9). And that includes lesbians, as well; they don't get a free pass in the eyes of Jehovah, only in the eyes of the world. No where in the Bible did it say that if you're black or a female, then you will not inherit God's Kingdom, so it might not be a "moral code", but it's the spiritual code.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
People say that they were born that way, but if the Almighty is against homosexuality, then why would he make it where as soon as you're out of the womb you're gay...it doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't make much sense, but I can assure you that sexual orientation isn't a choice.

MichelleB

Or, rather, how about it's really none of your business what consensual sexual acts people do behind closed doors and you have absolutely no right to dictate the lives of others in such a way?
And much of the world doesn't think, know, or accept that homosexuality is wrong, and each day fewer and fewer people think so.

If you want to believe that your god is angry, that's ok. However, those who believe that the same god doesn't care or believe something entirely differently should not be expected to be adhere to your own personal religious beliefs.

Personally, you're right...it's none of my business and in my fleshy state, I wouldn't care, but as for my spiritually state, I'm trying to help show people what the BIble say, so that they have the chance to change and save their lives, before it's too late. As for the second part, I never said Jehovah was angry , I said that he was disappointed/hurt, and it's not my personal religious beliefs it was in the Bible.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
but if the Almighty is against homosexuality, then why would he make it where as soon as you're out of the womb you're gay.
According to your Bible, we are damned as soon as we are out of the womb because nothing was done to prevent this "sinful nature" from spreading. It makes no since, as the "son shall not pay for the sins of the father," and vice versa, but it happens anyways.
I'm trying to help show people what the BIble say,
Do you also tell them women are unclean when she on her peroid? That she is not to speak or ask questions in church or have authority above men? Do you include this bits that condone and affirm slavery? Do you tell them of the genocide, and that obviously god is not pro-life or he wouldn't have commanded the unborn be torn from the womb? Do you tell them one of its "righteous men" got drunk and had sex with his daughters, the very same "righteous man" who volunteered his daughters to be gang raped? Do you tell them adulterers are to be stoned to death? Do you tell them it's better to have a boy, because the woman is unclean after deliver for seven days, rather than 14 if the child is female? Do you tell the Bible asks "who can bring what is pure from the unpure" referring to men being born of women? Do you tell them make worshipers of any other gods are "doomed?" Do you tell them that Satan killed only seven people, with God giving him permission and encouraging him to do so, but we can't even begin to estimate the number of people that God killed? Do you tell them of the parable of the King, the King who represents Christ, that ends with those who don't want the King to reign over them being brought before him and slaughtered?

I never said Jehovah was angry
You may not have, but according to your Bible he is "angry and jealous." He is overflowing with vengeance, wraith, and spite.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I hear what you're saying Spiny, however, I'm going to have to disagree with you. I do agree with one thing and that is lying being a choice, because Jehovah gave us free will to make the decisions that we want to, whether it's good or bad, but not homosexuality. People say that they were born that way, but if the Almighty is against homosexuality, then why would he make it where as soon as you're out of the womb you're gay...it doesn't make any sense. As for the black/female thing, you can't compare the three together, because Jehovah's words stated in the Bible that homosexuality would NOT inherit the Kingdom, as well as the ones practicing homosexual acts (1 Corinthians 6:9). And that includes lesbians, as well; they don't get a free pass in the eyes of Jehovah, only in the eyes of the world. No where in the Bible did it say that if you're black or a female, then you will not inherit God's Kingdom, so it might not be a "moral code", but it's the spiritual code.
You're right. It doesn't make any sense at all that some god would create gay people then turn around and declare them an abomination. But that doesn't make homosexuality a choice. It just renders that particular view of a god contradictory.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Maybe I come across as an "LGBT activiist" in threads like this? Perhaps I am, but I'm not stereotypical. I'm straight, Irish and ex-Army, always a winning combination. ;)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I'm not the one going on about human beings being an abomination. :rolleyes:
I've spent my whole life making a point to treat every person with kindness.
Please save your lectures for the reflection in your mirror.
Neither am I....it is the bible that explains it... And the self admiration you claim for yourself for being the kindest person to everyone all your life is called narcissism.....self love...

images

Shadow Wolf

Neither am I....it is the bible that explains it... And the self admiration you claim for yourself for being the kindest person to everyone all your life is called narcissism.....self love...
So says the one who says they are kind, doesn't judge, and has plenty of love to go around.

Shadow Wolf

You are getting desperate and just making that up....please provide evidence that he ever met a homosexual?
If it's provided, will you actually read it and consider it rather than dismissing it as "misguided garbage" that comes from "unhealthy/tainted" world views that can only come from the mind of someone who "just doesn't understand?"

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
If it's provided, will you actually read it and consider it rather than dismissing it as "misguided garbage" that comes from "unhealthy/tainted" world views that can only come from the mind of someone who "just doesn't understand?"
Just show me the scriptural passage....I have never came across it?

Shadow Wolf

What are you trying to pull Shadow Wolf....where is the bible passage showing Jesus consorted with homosexuals?
:facepalm:
So, you really aren't reading or considering them. Which I figured you would do anyways. Had you bothered to read through those articles, you would have your answer.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
:facepalm:
So, you really aren't reading or considering them. Which I figured you would do anyways. Had you bothered to read through those articles, you would have your answer.
I honestly looked and could not find any....now if you know there is...stop playing games and quote chapter and verse...if not I will presume you are just making things up.....:rolleyes: