• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Being Gay Ok If You're Born That Way?

athanasius

Yeah, I'm trying to bait Dawny.......:rolleyes: It's an honest question.

Considering that this point has already been amply refuted, in my post # 126 I would yes you are.

Peace be with you and God bless you always,

Sorry if I hurt your feelings or used phrasing that was less then helpful., May God bless always and shine his perpetual light upon you in Jesus through Mary Immaculate,
Athanasius

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I keep trying to make the same point and I am very perplexed as to why it's so difficult to understand....not just for you but for all the Christians in this thread.

If being gay were determined or genetically designed much the same way as eye color, how could it be considered wrong? Do you see the correlation? There is nothing you can do about your eye color. Just like if it's determined that sexual preference is designed in much the same way you can't change that either.

Again, I don't believe that BEING gay is wrong. So, it wouldn't matter to me if it were genetically designed much like eye color.

And sorry but I don't see the correlation. You're comparing sexuality to eye color.

Sex is an act. Posessing a certain eye color is not.

Consequences follow actions.

Jeremiah

clearly you didn't post the rest of my comments because they show why. Your just using cheap out of context debating tactics. Post the rest of my answer for all to see why.

But even though you harbor anger towards me I still love you my brother. God bless you always in Mary's mantle, I hope to one day see you in heaven (If I get there myself),

Athanasius

Dude honestly I have no anger towards you. :rainbow1:

Lighten up.

athanasius

Again, I don't believe that BEING gay is wrong. So, it wouldn't matter to me if it were genetically designed much like eye color.

I don't see the correlation at all.

Sex is an act. Posessing a certain eye color is not.

Consequences follow actions.

Amen! well said!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am very tired. Debates can be very draining, so I am done with this one. Thanks for the great discussion. I learned a lot from it and that is the point, isn't it?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I give up.......I'm outta here.

Rhonda, seriously, thank you for the engaging debate. I'm sorry if I seemed snappy. I've been a little oversensitive over my weight here of late but I know that you meant no harm by your comments.

Please know that I meant no harm with my own as well. We may not always see eye to eye but I respect you! :hug:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Rhonda, seriously, thank you for the engaging debate. I'm sorry if I seemed snappy. I've been a little oversensitive over my weight here of late but I know that you meant no harm by your comments.

Please know that I meant no harm with my own as well. We may not always see eye to eye but I respect you! :hug:
I wasn't offended or anything of the sort....just frustrated. I needed to take a break. Notice I can't stay away long? :hug: Backatcha ;)

I'm beginning to see just a tiny bit of what gays go through with the religious regarding their sexuality.

I was a sincerely devoted Christian for 30 years, Dawn. However, the older I get the more convinced I am that man probably has no idea who God is and what he wants. And, I am 100% convinced there is no hell. :)

Anyway, I think I'll let others take over the helm of the gay/religious debate for a bit.

rojse

RF Addict
If killing is wrong, how come many animals kill every day?

The difference between an animal killing and an animal being gay is that an animal kills so that it can feed itself. It's very survival depends on killing it's prey. Animals are not required to exhibit homosexual behaviour for survival, nor for breeding. I think that the comparison between the two is unwarranted.

athanasius

The difference between an animal killing and an animal being gay is that an animal kills so that it can feed itself. It's very survival depends on killing it's prey. Animals are not required to exhibit homosexual behaviour for survival, nor for breeding. I think that the comparison between the two is unwarranted.

Some animals kill right after mating like the black widow. I could be wrong but I do not think they do it for survival.