• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God A Bully?

morphesium

I just don't like god and anything about him.Even as i child i liked the dark side better.I like to be left alone.But god just can't accept that.He wants everyone to believe in him love him.This is just crushing my soul.He is enslaving me.But he knows how to mess with human mind.He starts wars , most inhumane things are in his name.But what can men do against so much pain and hatred?

ps:don't say to me it's not the god's fault it's humans because buddhists are human too but they are very peaciful.The only difference is their religion.
If there is God and there is Satan, might not Satan disguise himself as God and use that usurped authority to inspire people to serve him by doing evil? e.g., ISIS or Westboro Baptist Church.

This was exactly what was in my mind when i made this cartoon.
MryteR GoD and devil - .png

upload_2015-3-3_23-5-20-jpeg.8311

Last edited:

JustHappy

(this sounds like propaganda to me) Do we really have "free will"?

According to Romans 9:16, it does NOT depend on our "will".

So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy Romans 9:16

Paul tells us in Phil 2:13 that it is GOD who is inside us doing the work according to HIS will.

for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure Phil 2:13

John 1:13 tell us again that it is NOT our human will that does it, but GOD himself.

who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God John 1:13

Are you seeing these verses? The Church doesn't. They keep spreading lies about this so-called "doctrine" they have dreamed up called "free will". It's destroyed by scripture, but only if we believe scripture.

Jesus himself is the one who both CREATES our faith (within us) and continues until it is completed! Man's will plays NO part except to DIE FASTER.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith Hebrews 12:2 (partial)

Did you notice that the word "our" is NOT in the original and TRUE words of God? That's because there is but ONE faith that we ALL receive from Christ who not only IS all but IN(side) all. Col 3:11.

Do you really believe man has "free will"? The way I see it, scripture totally DESTROYS it. Can this "free will" keep us from dying? If it can't then we don't have it.
Free will doesn't mean that what I want happens, it means that I can decide myself what I want, but at the end it is God who decides what happens. Still I made my own decision and I showed if I am usefull as a human being or not.

Just to give an example, if I decide to steal something, it doesn't mean it will work out and I really am able to steal something and if a judge decides to punish me, it doesn't mean it will work out like that and I will really be punished. It is like that because the final power of making things happen is only with God. Still everybody is free to decide for oneself.

I must say that the verses you quote are very weak. They are all statements made by followers of Jesus. None of them is actually a statement of Jesus himself or of any prophet. Not even talking about things God would have said himself.

BTW, most of the posts here are all so negative about God. I think most of them are of people ready to enter hell after death. If you don't look for God during your earthly life and only see materialistic things (like pain, wealth, killing etc.) it would be logical that after this life when you don't have access anymore to all those things, you will feel miserable as hell. You will have lost everything you ever desired. It is not God punishing you, you are rather punishing yourself by desiring things that aren't real and eternal. By doing so you are blinding yourself for God's love.

To tell the truth, a person that has found God's love in his or her life, is already with the living after this earthly life. Because it are those on this earth who are actually dead and those who died already that are actually alive, because they have gained access to the path to God, if they only prepared the map when they still were on this earth. One who already prepared his or her map doesn't worry about death, pain or illness, because his soul is already on its way to God. Every moment he or she sees the beauty of God's creation and is looking forward to meeting God and experience how beautiful the creator of this beautiful creation must be. It doesn't matter if he dies now or in a hundred or a thousand years, since God is eternal and eventually he or her will meet God and be with Him until the end of times.

It is the way this world works. Everything needs eachother in order to exist. Things are being created, destroyed, recreated, destroyed, recreated all the time. Any animal, plant or living thing can only exist by eating and consuming other things. This can be other animals, plants or what we assume to be lifeless materials. This is not torture, this is one of the beautiful things of life. When you burn down a forest, the ground will receive back the nutritive substances from the trees, so new trees and plants can grow and an even more beautiful forest can grow. This is how things work, out of old things develop new things. Pain is only a mechanism that we have to prevent us from harming ourselves. It is a usefull instrument, nothing more and nothing less. We need to learn how to use and control pain well, like we have to learn to walk too.

I love our God and I have never seen any creature, human or anything that is more righteous, loving, caring, helping than He is. Of course I experience pain and misfortune too, but He never burdens me more than I can bear. He is always there for me when I need someone to talk with, when I'm afraid I can tell Him about my worries and He gives me advice. I have never had a better friend than our loving God :)

Free will doesn't mean that what I want happens, it means that I can decide myself what I want, but at the end it is God who decides what happens. Still I made my own decision and I showed if I am usefull as a human being or not.

Just to give an example, if I decide to steal something, it doesn't mean it will work out and I really am able to steal something and if a judge decides to punish me, it doesn't mean it will work out like that and I will really be punished. It is like that because the final power of making things happen is only with God. Still everybody is free to decide for oneself.

I must say that the verses you quote are very weak. They are all statements made by followers of Jesus. None of them is actually a statement of Jesus himself or of any prophet. Not even talking about things God would have said himself.

BTW, most of the posts here are all so negative about God. I think most of them are of people ready to enter hell after death. If you don't look for God during your earthly life and only see materialistic things (like pain, wealth, killing etc.) it would be logical that after this life when you don't have access anymore to all those things, you will feel miserable as hell. You will have lost everything you ever desired. It is not God punishing you, you are rather punishing yourself by desiring things that aren't real and eternal. By doing so you are blinding yourself for God's love.

To tell the truth, a person that has found God's love in his or her life, is already with the living after this earthly life. Because it are those on this earth who are actually dead and those who died already that are actually alive, because they have gained access to the path to God, if they only prepared the map when they still were on this earth. One who already prepared his or her map doesn't worry about death, pain or illness, because his soul is already on its way to God. Every moment he or she sees the beauty of God's creation and is looking forward to meeting God and experience how beautiful the creator of this beautiful creation must be. It doesn't matter if he dies now or in a hundred or a thousand years, since God is eternal and eventually he or her will meet God and be with Him until the end of times.

It is the way this world works. Everything needs eachother in order to exist. Things are being created, destroyed, recreated, destroyed, recreated all the time. Any animal, plant or living thing can only exist by eating and consuming other things. This can be other animals, plants or what we assume to be lifeless materials. This is not torture, this is one of the beautiful things of life. When you burn down a forest, the ground will receive back the nutritive substances from the trees, so new trees and plants can grow and an even more beautiful forest can grow. This is how things work, out of old things develop new things. Pain is only a mechanism that we have to prevent us from harming ourselves. It is a usefull instrument, nothing more and nothing less. We need to learn how to use and control pain well, like we have to learn to walk too.

I love our God and I have never seen any creature, human or anything that is more righteous, loving, caring, helping than He is. Of course I experience pain and misfortune too, but He never burdens me more than I can bear. He is always there for me when I need someone to talk with, when I'm afraid I can tell Him about my worries and He gives me advice. I have never had a better friend than our loving God :)

I do not look to scripture for authority because it is produced by imperfect humans. Some works of scripture, such as Goethe's Faust legend, Psalms, proverbs, and hymns could possibly be inspired by something that is responsible for the appearance of time, space, and everything in it and is so advanced when compared to us that It, or He, or She does not use human language to communicate with us.
Instead, I use what I learned in school about Heisenberg indeterminacy as it limits us to probability in what could be predicted about the sequences of electron actions in the brain that manifest themselves in the chemical reaction that make up our consciousness to prove that some things that we will to decide are not perfectly constrains; thus, we have a physical measure of free will and that endows us with responsibility. This for me establishes a form of Kant's categorical imperative which applies to all conscious CNS bearing creatures so I interpret it as a requirement that in my life I do not eat meat or use things like leather of gelatin that require killing animals to produce it.
Here I admit that I cannot know enough about God, or even if there is such a thing if I could understand it, which He might not require of me, to make believe the kind of knowledge that turns people into monsters such as ISIS who I believe are Satan worshipers in disguise.

Unification

Nothing compares to the God of the bible. God is more than a bully. God is a homicidal, genocidal maniac who repeatedly punished the Jews and the world because he was displeased with the Jews.

1. God drowns the whole earth.
In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and perhaps unicorns. Only a single family survives. In Matthew 24:37-42, gentle Jesus approves of this genocide and plans to repeat it when he returns.

2. God kills half a million people.
In 2 Chronicles 13:15-18, God helps the men of Judah kill 500,000 of their fellow Israelites.

3. God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn.
In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.

4. God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.

5. Genocide after genocide after genocide.
In Joshua 6:20-21, God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing “men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.” In Deuteronomy 2:32-35, God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children. In Deuteronomy 3:3-7, God has the Israelites do the same to the people of Bashan. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they take as spoils of war. In 1 Samuel 15:1-9, God tells the Israelites to kill all the Amalekites – men, women, children, infants, and their cattle – for something the Amalekites’ ancestors had done 400 years earlier.

6. God kills 50,000 people for curiosity.
In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant. (Newer cosmetic translations count only 70 deaths, but their text notes admit that the best and earliest manuscripts put the number at 50,070.)

7. 3,000 Israelites killed for inventing a god.
In Exodus 32, Moses has climbed Mount Sinai to get the Ten Commandments. The Israelites are bored, so they invent a golden calf god. Moses comes back and God commands him: “Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.” About 3,000 people died.

8. The Amorites destroyed by sword and by God’s rocks.
In Joshua 10:10-11, God helps the Israelites slaughter the Amorites by sword, then finishes them off with rocks from the sky.

9. God burns two cities to death.
In Genesis 19:24, God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then God kills Lot’s wife for looking back at her burning home.

10. God has 42 children mauled by bears.
In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them. (Newer cosmetic translations say the bears “maul” the children, but the original Hebrew, baqa, means “to tear apart.”)

11. A tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.

12. 3,000 crushed to death.
In Judges 16:27-30, God gives Samson strength to bring down a building to crush 3,000 members of a rival tribe.

13. A concubine raped and dismembered.
In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master’s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.

14. Child sacrifice.
In Judges 11:30-39, Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God’s favor in killing the Ammonites.

15. God helps Samson kill 30 men because he lost a bet.
In Judges 14:11-19, Samson loses a bet for 30 sets of clothes. The spirit of God comes upon him and he kills 30 men to steal their clothes and pay off the debt.

16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.

17. God incinerates 51 men to make a point.
In 2 Kings 1:9-10, Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God.

18. God kills a man for not impregnating his brother’s widow.
In Genesis 38:9-10, God kills a man for refusing to impregnate his brother’s widow.

19. God threatens forced cannibalism.
In Leviticus 26:27-29 and Jeremiah 19:9, God threatens to punish the Israelites by making them eat their own children.

20. The coming slaughter.
According to Revelation 9:7-19, God’s got more evil coming. God will make horse-like locusts with human heads and scorpion tails, who torture people for 5 months. Then some angels will kill a third of the earth’s population. If he came today, that would be 2 billion people.

- See more at: Top 20 Evil Bible Stories

And yet all of that slaughter and killing is INSIDE of a human. Evil emotion, evil thoughts, evil knowledge, evil lies. Defeating ones enemies internally.

JustHappy

I do not look to scripture for authority because it is produced by imperfect humans. Some works of scripture, such as Goethe's Faust legend, Psalms, proverbs, and hymns could possibly be inspired by something that is responsible for the appearance of time, space, and everything in it and is so advanced when compared to us that It, or He, or She does not use human language to communicate with us.
Instead, I use what I learned in school about Heisenberg indeterminacy as it limits us to probability in what could be predicted about the sequences of electron actions in the brain that manifest themselves in the chemical reaction that make up our consciousness to prove that some things that we will to decide are not perfectly constrains; thus, we have a physical measure of free will and that endows us with responsibility. This for me establishes a form of Kant's categorical imperative which applies to all conscious CNS bearing creatures so I interpret it as a requirement that in my life I do not eat meat or use things like leather of gelatin that require killing animals to produce it.
Here I admit that I cannot know enough about God, or even if there is such a thing if I could understand it, which He might not require of me, to make believe the kind of knowledge that turns people into monsters such as ISIS who I believe are Satan worshipers in disguise.
It is interesting that you speak about texts that are "inspired" by God (if you allow me to call it like that). In fact there are many different ways in which God communicates with people. It can by via "inspiration" for example. This means that He causes ideas to pop up in our heads. It seems that we come up with them ourselves, but in fact it is an inspiration of God. There are other ways too though, like dreams, visions and real conversation when God speaks directly with people. In those cases we can speak about a revelation rather than a text just inspired by God. The Bible consists of all those kinds of texts, of what the direct revelations are the parts with most authority. The texts that are just inspired by God are the weakest. The parts you quoted were only of such inspired kind. Therefore I'm not very convinced of your statement that the scripture itself claims that there is no such thing as free will.

About your statement about electron actions within the brain, I have to admit that I don't have enough knowledge of this kind of science to give a real comment on that. I do believe though that it is a good thing to do more research about the brain and how it works. The scriptures are just a guidance for us and help us to understand things we don't have knowledge about. As human knowledge evolves also the scriptures are evolving. They just reveal things, the people of that time could understand and some generations after. Especially in the last 200 years human understanding of phenomena have increased rapidly and on many points have overgrown the simple explanations that can be found in the scriptures. Maybe soon God will come with a new revelation to explain the things people are looking for today, but I don't expect this to be before the nearing establishment of the new Kingdom of God.

If God had wanted to, He could have given guidance to everyone, but this is not the intention of the free will of humans. Why would He have given us a free will, if at the end He would force everybody to take the right decisions? It is a question of faith too. You can compare it with a landlord who owns a land and tells his workers to take good care of the field, while he has to travel away for some time. He doesn't tell exactly when he comes back, but the workers can take their own part of the land and save a part for the landlord to give to him when he comes back. Sometimes he sends a messenger to see how the people take care of the land and remember them that he will come back one day. There are those under the workers that keep remembering their landlord and save a part of what they harvest every year for him. Others though already forget after a year that the land is not theirs, and ask "if there is a landlord to this land, then why isn't he here? why doesn't he show himself to us? why do we only see a messenger sometimes who has no power at all telling about him? they just want to scare us for nothing!". These are the ones that take all harvest for themselves and consume it. But after many years the landlord will come back, and he will have his whole army with him. Those who kept faith in him and saved his part will give it to him, and the landlord will be gratefull to them and gives them even better lands to farm and they will have even better food and a better life. But those who didn't believe the landlord would come back, won't have anything to give him, so the landlord will force them out of his lands with his army and they will starve in the desert outside the fruitfull lands looking for water and food. They will just find enough to stay alive and will have a miserable life and they will regrett that they misused the trust of the landlord who let them stay in his land while he was gone and provided them with food and lodging.

Do you really want to be of those who forget our Lord and will be chased into the desert when the Lord comes back to us? Therefore we shouldn't ask for more evidence that the Lord exists. He has been merciful to us and given us more evidence of His existence and care than we would deserve. The only thing He asks us in return for dwelling in his lands is to remember Him and take good care of His land till He comes back. Is that too much to do? Would you ever want to claim that this earth belongs to us? Or that it belongs to nobody and we can do with it what we want? If you see a fancy sportscar on the street, would you ever assume that someone has forgotten it there and you can take it? So why would you think the earth doesn't have an owner?

suncowiam

Factually, only people start wars.

Only people do inhumane things. People abuse religion.

Who is really guiding these people? political leaders? kings?

I was going to say that people are bullies, not an abstract concept.

I can say you're going to burn in hell because of gay sex not because I think so, but because my God thinks so. Does that shift the source to God from me?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
... Do you really want to be of those who forget our Lord and will be chased into the desert when the Lord comes back to us? Therefore we shouldn't ask for more evidence that the Lord exists. He has been merciful to us and given us more evidence of His existence and care than we would deserve. The only thing He asks us in return for dwelling in his lands is to remember Him and take good care of His land till He comes back. Is that too much to do? Would you ever want to claim that this earth belongs to us? Or that it belongs to nobody and we can do with it what we want? If you see a fancy sportscar on the street, would you ever assume that someone has forgotten it there and you can take it? So why would you think the earth doesn't have an owner?

And just where is that evidence?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I was going to say that people are bullies, not an abstract concept.

I can say you're going to burn in hell because of gay sex not because I think so, but because my God thinks so. Does that shift the source to God from me?

There are no prohibitions on gay sex in the Bible, - just against Sacred Sex, which is Idolatry.

JustHappy

And just where is that evidence?

Evidence is in the scriptures, in the Bible, in the Quran and in the prophecies that have all be fulfilled. Besides people are able to communicate with God, to get answers from Him. You can see the complexity of this life, how it works. If after having seen all that, you still think that it was all created by "coincidence" and that God is a story and a myth untill you will see Him with your own eyes, then there is nothing I can tell you more. The day when you will see God with your own eyes, you can discuss with Him where the evidence of His existence had been. Would a child ask his parents to appear every minute before its own eyes, in order to believe they will come back after work? Wouldn't just calling sometimes and send a friend to tell the child that they will come home soon be enough? So why would you expect God to appear on this earth in front of every human every day?

suncowiam

There are no prohibitions on gay sex in the Bible, - just against Sacred Sex, which is Idolatry.

I wasn't trying to get too technical with that example...

If someone uses the name of God as their justification, does that shift the assertion from that person to God?

To me, this is rhetorical but to others, it is not... So I leave it open to answer for anyone here.

JustHappy

Even if it is not explicitly prohibited, it is regarded as a bad habit by the Bible. One can find it in the story about the destruction of Sodom in Genesis 19:4-9:
But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house; and they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, so that we may know them.” Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him, and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Look, I have two daughters who have not known a man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.” But they replied, “Stand back!” And they said, “This fellow came here as an alien, and he would play the judge! Now we will deal worse with you than with them.”

Here the people of Sodom want to have sex with the men who visited Lot. Lot calls this practice (men having sex with men) wicked and offers them his daughters.

After this the men have seen enough and tell Lot that the city will be destroyed. Apparently this event (men wanting to have sex with men) was enough reason to deside for God that the city Sodom should be destroyed. At least it shows that it is something that should be seen as a bad practice. Besides it would be strange if sexual contact between unmarried men and women would be sin, but between men (or women) would be no problem.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Evidence is in the scriptures, in the Bible, in the Quran and in the prophecies that have all be fulfilled. Besides people are able to communicate with God, to get answers from Him. You can see the complexity of this life, how it works. If after having seen all that, you still think that it was all created by "coincidence" and that God is a story and a myth untill you will see Him with your own eyes, then there is nothing I can tell you more. The day when you will see God with your own eyes, you can discuss with Him where the evidence of His existence had been. Would a child ask his parents to appear every minute before its own eyes, in order to believe they will come back after work? Wouldn't just calling sometimes and send a friend to tell the child that they will come home soon be enough? So why would you expect God to appear on this earth in front of every human every day?

A book is NOT evidence of any God.

If it were - the God or Goddess, Gods, of every religion in the world which has holy writings, - would be real.

Obviously this is not the case.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Even if it is not explicitly prohibited, it is regarded as a bad habit by the Bible. One can find it in the story about the destruction of Sodom in Genesis 19:4-9:
But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house; and they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, so that we may know them.” Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him, and said, “I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Look, I have two daughters who have not known a man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.” But they replied, “Stand back!” And they said, “This fellow came here as an alien, and he would play the judge! Now we will deal worse with you than with them.”

Here the people of Sodom want to have sex with the men who visited Lot. Lot calls this practice (men having sex with men) wicked and offers them his daughters.

After this the men have seen enough and tell Lot that the city will be destroyed. Apparently this event (men wanting to have sex with men) was enough reason to deside for God that the city Sodom should be destroyed. At least it shows that it is something that should be seen as a bad practice. Besides it would be strange if sexual contact between unmarried men and women would be sin, but between men (or women) would be no problem.

Actually that is false. It is a mistranslation. We have a second story with the same - send out - so we can YADA/KNOW them, - and it tells us the meaning, - and it isn't sex! YHVH also uses the word in the first story, - and I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean he is going down for some gay sex!

JustHappy

A book is NOT evidence of any God.

If it were - the God or Goddess, Gods, of every religion in the world which has holy writings, - would be real.

Obviously this is not the case.

It is not just the scripture, but the truth in it. Prophecies that have come true. Stories about for example the creation of the world that are astonishing coherent with our current status of knowledge about bigbang, evolution theory etc.

Is there any prophecy of polytheistic religions over so many years that have come true? Has there been any messenger of a polytheistic religion, claiming to be sent by the "gods" and has prevailed? Is there any polytheistic religion that has become as big as Christianity or Islam? Still it went just as the Bible said. Before God concentrated on only the Jews, after Jesus His monotheistic religion became known by the whole world. Isn't that evidence enough?

But I tell you, even if God would appear before you today and do the most tremendous miracles, tomorrow you would think everything had been a dream, and just live your life in denial as you always have done and like most people do. Faith is not depending on what evidence you see today, but on the confidence you keep in your heart tomorrow. There has come enough evidence and miracles to our ancestors. Those who believe will recognise them, those who don't believe won't.

JustHappy

Actually that is false. It is a mistranslation. We have a second story with the same - send out - so we can YADA/KNOW them, - and it tells us the meaning, - and it isn't sex! YHVH also uses the word in the first story, - and I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean he is going down for some gay sex!

If you have a source/link of this second story that shows my interpretation is false, please give it to me, so I can check it. Of course most Bible texts are open for interpretation, I wouldn't deny that, therefore I like to check it.

outhouse

Atheistically
But I tell you, even if God would appear before you today and do the most tremendous miracles, tomorrow you would think everything had been a dream,

That's is neither a fair statement or accurate, and assumes way to much.

There has come enough evidence and miracles to our ancestors.

There has come no credible evidence mythology is real, nor any credible evidence what so ever.

I think most problems come from the mistaken literal interpretation of text, many theist know nothing about. They then make comments like these based on their historical ignorance.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
It is not just the scripture, but the truth in it. Prophecies that have come true. Stories about for example the creation of the world that are astonishing coherent with our current status of knowledge about bigbang, evolution theory etc.

Is there any prophecy of polytheistic religions over so many years that have come true? Has there been any messenger of a polytheistic religion, claiming to be sent by the "gods" and has prevailed? Is there any polytheistic religion that has become as big as Christianity or Islam? Still it went just as the Bible said. Before God concentrated on only the Jews, after Jesus His monotheistic religion became known by the whole world. Isn't that evidence enough?

But I tell you, even if God would appear before you today and do the most tremendous miracles, tomorrow you would think everything had been a dream, and just live your life in denial as you always have done and like most people do. Faith is not depending on what evidence you see today, but on the confidence you keep in your heart tomorrow. There has come enough evidence and miracles to our ancestors. Those who believe will recognise them, those who don't believe won't.

There is no actual knowledge of the creation of the world in the Bible.

Prophecies have not come true. - The books were written long after the supposed events.

There are many Pagan religions still around today, and many more making a comeback, - now that they aren't forced into the religions of Abraham.

There is absolutely NO evidence of any miracles.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
If you have a source/link of this second story that shows my interpretation is false, please give it to me, so I can check it. Of course most Bible texts are open for interpretation, I wouldn't deny that, therefore I like to check it.

We actually find YHVH using YADA (Gen 18:21) when he says he is going down to ascertain and judge, and pronounce judgment. That is the way he is using it in the sentence, - to inquire - and pass judgment. And obviously he isn't saying he is going down for some gay sex. LOL!

Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not,I know.

It makes no sense what so ever for the whole town to angrily surround a house with two strangers - because they want to have sex with them!

It makes perfect sense for them to have somehow found out that the two have been sent to "YADA" perceive/judge and pass judgment, and then angrily gather the whole city, to drag them out to turn the tables, and "yada" judge/pass judgment - kill - them first.

We have a second story that is almost exactly the same - and uses yada - BUT - they tell us what it means in this story.

Jdg 19:21 So he brought him into his house, and gave provender unto the asses: and they washed their feet, and did eat and drink.

Jdg 19:22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

Jdg 20:3 (Now the children of Benjamin heard that the children of Israel were gone up to Mizpeh.) Then said the children of Israel, Tell us, what was this wickedness?

Jdg 20:4 And the Levite, the husband of the woman that was slain, answered and said, I came into Gibeah that belongeth to Benjamin, I and my concubine, to lodge.

Jdg 20:5 And the men of Gibeah rose against me, and beset the house round about upon me by night, and thought to have slain me: and my concubine have they forced, that she is dead.

Not have sex with him, - KILL HIM!

There really are no verses against homosexuals in the Bible. There are verses against Sacred Sex.

Last edited:

Unification

There is no actual knowledge of the creation of the world in the Bible.

Prophecies have not come true. - The books were written long after the supposed events.

There are many Pagan religions still around today, and many more making a comeback, - now that they aren't forced into the religions of Abraham.

There is absolutely NO evidence of any miracles.

We actually find YHVH using YADA (Gen 18:21) when he says he is going down to ascertain and judge, and pronounce judgment. That is the way he is using it in the sentence, - to inquire - and pass judgment. And obviously he isn't saying he is going down for some gay sex. LOL!

Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not,I know.

It makes no sense what so ever for the whole town to angrily surround a house with two strangers - because they want to have sex with them!

It makes perfect sense for them to have somehow found out that the two have been sent to "YADA" perceive/judge and pass judgment, and then angrily gather the whole city, to drag them out to turn the tables, and "yada" judge/pass judgment - kill - them first.

We have a second story that is almost exactly the same - and uses yada - BUT - they tell us what it means in this story.

Jdg 19:21 So he brought him into his house, and gave provender unto the asses: and they washed their feet, and did eat and drink.

Jdg 19:22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

Jdg 20:3 (Now the children of Benjamin heard that the children of Israel were gone up to Mizpeh.) Then said the children of Israel, Tell us, what was this wickedness?

Jdg 20:4 And the Levite, the husband of the woman that was slain, answered and said, I came into Gibeah that belongeth to Benjamin, I and my concubine, to lodge.

Jdg 20:5 And the men of Gibeah rose against me, and beset the house round about upon me by night, and thought to have slain me: and my concubine have they forced, that she is dead.

Not have sex with him, - KILL HIM!

There really are no verses against homosexuals in the Bible. There are verses against Sacred Sex.

All happening internally. You are the house of God.