• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Harris Really Worth Voting For?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I doubt you will care or even acknowledge it but that 718% increase translates into roughly $4,595,200,000
I care about relevant amounts....which you'd left out.
A 4.6 billion dollar profit is pretty good.
Another relevant figure would be the volume of
business. Oh, & the capital invested.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Even other private companies and individuals can do that if they contributed to the drug in any way.
No one I've seen is making that argument.
I've asked.
That's right, it's what our police do if they find more than £1000 (?) with not reason for it's presence. If legal ownership can later be proved then it is returned.
Here, it would typically cost about $10,000 in legal
fees to sue to get the money back. So many poor
people lose their life savings (if let's say they're
going to buy a used car for cash) because they
can't afford to fight Uncle Sam. Cops know this,
which makes the populace easy pick'ns.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Disagree. Trump will have his property confiscated if the Supreme Court doesn't run interference for him again. I call that justice. He has a debt to pay.
To take money because of a court judgment differs
greatly than taking property simply because
government wants it. This Trump stuff is just
whataboutism. It doesn't make confiscation by
fiat cromulent.
And price controls are useful when markets aren't free and collusion and price gouging occur.
But they want to control prices where markets
are free, eg, rent.

These big businesses are not your friends no matter how cute their slogans and mascots
Big government is far less our friend, no matter how
pleasant their slogans...."Hope & change", "Freedom".
This is the same government that allows cops to take
all your cash if they find any in your possession.
No suspicion of a crime needed....it's theirs for the
taking. Biden invented that policy. Harris supports it.

Pogo

Again, rights can be taken away.
Just not as easily as a privilege.
I can't establish a specific line
of demarcation between them.
That you can't is to my point that it is dependant on how you are defining the specific situation.
You are still wrong in your simplistic analysis. :)

Argentbear

No it's not a 4.6 billion dollar profit. it is a 4.6 billion dollar increase in profits

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are still wrong in your simplistic analysis. :)
200.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No it's not a 4.6 billion dollar profit. it is a 4.6 billion dollar increase in profits
Either way, you're trying to make a case of
profit gouging with insufficient info.
Large auto companies sometimes have
unprofitable years. Then they make a
billion or so the next year. That's an
infinite increase, but it's not price gouging.
Come one....let's see a more thorough
analysis to back up your claim.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Harris is an EXTREEME Leftist, that hasn't changed! She can't say what she believes about the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
So ... even if your claims were true, and in fact they're wild Trump-like exaggerations, you'd rather have a known rapist and convicted fraudster with a visibly decaying brain in the Oval Office?

I could scarcely disagree more.

We Never Know

No Slack
It was because of bird flu and egg prices.

"Cal-Maine Foods, the largest egg producer in the United States, reported revenue doubled and profit surged 718% last quarter because of sharply higher egg prices"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

"Cal-Maine Foods, the largest egg producer in the United States, reported revenue doubled and profit surged 718% last quarter because of sharply higher egg prices"

That's better info.
But profit was far far lower than the other poster claimed.
And it's interesting as prices in the market doubled, sales
rose 1%.

We Never Know

No Slack
Would it help if I paraphrased her? :

As we have been reminded repeatedly by great minds, we must consider and understand our present position in terms of the past as well as the future we desire and the one we might get if we don't understand what is at stake and don't take decisive action here and now."

Again, I ask - what did her words mean to you that you offer them to demean her as if they are self-evidently nonsense needing no comment?
You can paraphrase all you want.
She never made or got to the point. She danced around with word salad at best.

At least you hit on points, a direction/goal and consequences.

We Never Know

No Slack
You still make the mistake of equating privilege with right.
Rights are never absolute in any legal system, eg, the right
to be from unwarranted searches is lost when in prison.
A privilege is far more easily lost.

Let's try examples....

Voting is a right, not a privilege.
Passing a test cannot be legally required to enjoy this right.
Fees cannot be charged to exercise this right.

Yep. You are born with the right to vote. Just have to wait until you are old enough.
Driving is a privilege, not a right.
Passing a test can be legally required to enjoy this privilege.
Fees can be charged to exercise this privilege.

Yep. No one is born with a right to drive. Its a priveledge that when you are old enough you have to earn and pay for.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Harris is an EXTREEME Leftist, that hasn't changed! She can't say what she believes about the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
So ... even if your claims were true, and in fact they're wild Trump-like exaggerations, you'd rather have a known rapist and convicted fraudster with a visibly decaying brain in the Oval Office?

I could scarcely disagree more.

We Never Know

No Slack
So ... even if your claims were true, and in fact they're wild Trump-like exaggerations, you'd rather have a known rapist and convicted fraudster

Yep Trump is a sexual offender and convicted felon.
with a visibly decaying brain in the Oval Office?
You all need to drop the decaying brain cry.

We have one in there now and up until around a month ago you all were trying to convince us how competent and mentally fine he was and that he was good to go another four years and supported him all the way.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yep Trump is a sexual offender and convicted felon.

You all need to drop the decaying brain cry.

We have one in there now and up until around a month ago you all were trying to convince us how competent and mentally fine he was and that he was good to go another four years and supported him all the way.
The Democrats have solved their Biden problem. And Biden, even with the wear and tear of age, remains a decent man who has surrounded himself with capable advisers and runs a clean ship.

The Republicans are stuck with their appalling Trump problem. Very slow learners, all of them.

Pogo

but they were selling significantly less eggs, so how did the gross profit increase so much? Not the classical supply and demand is it?

We Never Know

No Slack
The Democrats have solved their Biden problem. And Biden, even with the wear and tear of age, remains a decent man who has surrounded himself with capable advisers and runs a clean ship.

The Republicans are stuck with their appalling Trump problem. Very slow learners, all of them.
If it wasn't for the debate exposing to the public how Biden's mentality was failing, you dems would still be stuck with Biden.

Last edited: