• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Harris Really Worth Voting For?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Some background info....

One case, as requested....

Yeah.....so here we have an incident where a massive amount of funds was being transported without any prior arrangement which is what is advised.

And you want to nail this case (which looks like it will be resolved) on to a Presidential candidates door.

I don't think so.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Be cautious about making strident claims about
the law in a country you don't live in. Quoting
laws addresses the de juro, but not the de facto.

The reality of that legality is that cops can steal
your cash even if no crime is suspected. This is
particularly true at airports, where TSA alerts
cops to travelers who are ripe for picking.
There's no due process. You must sue to
recover it, & prove innocence of the money.
(Presumption of innocence applies only to
people....not to assets like money.)
Airports......yep. I've watched several cases of people trying to take loadsamoney both in and out of the USA together with consequences, all on Brit telly programs about your border force agencies.... Early morning viewing here.

And the travellers had ticked all the boxes to declare that the had no such funds on them. Absolutely stupid if they were genuine travellers.

Please don't nail this to Kamala Harris's door.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah.....so here we have an incident where a massive amount of funds was being transported without any prior arrangement which is what is advised.
Yes, how dare a guy transport a lot of
cash without notifying the cops first.
Wait.....you want people to tip off
the cops in advance?
And you want to nail this case (which looks like it will be resolved) on to a Presidential candidates door.
Biden is the architect behind this.
Harris tacitly supports it with her
lack of opposition.
I don't think...
Noticed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Airports......yep. I've watched several cases of people trying to take loadsamoney both in and out of the USA together with consequences, all on Brit telly programs about your border force agencies.... Early morning viewing here.
TSA & cops seize cash from domestic
travelers too, despite this being perfectly
legal. Why do they do it?
They get to keep the money.
And the travellers had ticked all the boxes to declare that the had no such funds on them. Absolutely stupid if they were genuine travellers.
Domestic travelers aren't required to
disclose traveling with cash. Airlines
don't even ask.
Please don't nail this to Kamala Harris's door.
She allows it without opposition.
I fault her for this hideous civil rights violation.
BTW, based upon surveys of news & videos where
I can discern race, cops particularly like to rob
black folk.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
TRUE STORY TIME! One time I was an art therapist in a maximum security unit of a mental institution, for the criminally insane, which meant that everyone I interacted with who was a patient had been arrested and was serving time albeit in a mental institution. I didn't like their policies because it could be any type of crime as long as they were mentally ill. Violent, non violent, felony, misdemeanor, it didn't matter. One of my patients was a person my dad had actually gone to college with. Anyway, this man was not crazy. However, he was determined to grow a small amount of weed for his own personal use, and he defied the police over and over again. So eventually he was sent to a mental institution. Good times.

A few years later I got a real taste of it from the other side, because my brother, who is definitely schizophrenic, broke many laws and ended up behind bars so to speak, in a mental institution. More good times.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I had the misfortune of turning on my radio this morning.
I heard coverage of the DNC convention.
No voice for Palestinians allowed.
Harris parroted the Biden lament about misery in Gaza.
Harris parroted the Biden code phrase for allowing the
genocide to continue...."Israel has the right to self defense".
Both advocate widespread price controls.
Both favor government seizing private assets.

It's beginning to appear that she's just a clone of Biden.
But a DEI version. (They repeatedly make a big deal about
her sex & race....& how presidential her pantsuits are.)
The nature of the problem of the Hamas War in Gaza is an interesting one and to a large degree not resolvable from the USA political theater

(1) The Trump Republican solution is simple cut off aid to the Palestinians and let Israel to resolve the problem.
(2) The Democrats view is encourage a negociated settlement, and to a degree as much as possible aid the Palestinians
(3) The unfortunate reality is this is part of the longest tribal war in history based on Old Testament Tribal rules of War. No holds bared, no negotiations and the war is fought to the last man standing. Israel and the Palestinians are not compromise and negociate anything,
(4) Israel is a Jewish State for Jews only, immigration for Jews only, Full citizenship for Jews only. The goal is obvious is to ethnically and religiously cleanse gradually remove all Palestinians from What they claim as Isreal.
(5) Bottomline is nothing the USA can do regardless of the Party in power can change the ultimate outcome of the conflict.

The question of is Harris worth voting for is a sperate set of consideration of comparing Harris/Walz versus Trump/Vance with comparing their record and experience in government, Law, religion and moral ethics of life.

Nothing is needed more than an objective unbiased independent comparison

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The nature of the problem of the Hamas War in Gaza is an interesting one and to a large degree not resolvable from the USA political theater

(1) The Trump Republican solution is simple cut off aid to the Palestinians and let Israel to resolve the problem.
Also to continue financial & military aid to Israel's campaign of death & destruction.
And I'd expect US military assets (eg, carriers) to being increasingly used.
(2) The Democrats ciew is encourage a negociated settlement, and to a degree as much as possible aid the Palestinians
It's not been that policy yet.
Their "encouragement" has been all talk & no stick.
(3) The unfortunate reality is this is part of the longest tribal war in history based on Old Testament Tribal rules of War. No holds bared, no negotiations and the war is fought to the last man standing. Israel and the Palestinians are not compromise and negociate anything,
Mother ******* religion.
(4) Israal is a Jewish State for Jews only, immigration for Jews only, Full citizenship for Jews only. The goal is obvious is to ethnically and religiously cleanse gradually remove all Palestinians from What they claim as Isreal.
That appears to be the aim of Israel & Zionists.
(5) Bottomline is nothing the USA can do regardless of the Party in power can change the ultimate outcome of the conflict.
I disagree.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You on the left talk about honesty
First, Trump's output of lies every day makes the question of honesty unignorable.

Except, it appears, to the worshipers of Trump.

Second, even the far right looks left of Trump these days.
why cant youns be honest and admit if not for the debate you would still be pushing Biden?
Believe me, Biden, even if he were dead, would win any contest with Trump for my vote.
He is a sexual offender and convicted felon.
He is a narcissist IMO, but he is more competent than who you tried to push for president.
List what you think were the three greatest achievements of Trump's presidency. Cutting taxes for the rich, of course, but what, if any, were the next three?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
First, Trump's output of lies every day makes the question of honesty unignorable.

Except, it appears, to the worshipers of Trump.
I think there's a special surgery, where they have the part of their brain that can analyze Trump-fabulism removed.
Second, even the far right looks left of Trump these days.
Trump doesn't fit comfortably on anybody's political spectrum. He'll be far right until an audience wants him to be far left -- and make the transition without even noticing himself. It's because he doesn't believe in anything but himself.
Believe me, Biden, even if he were dead, would win any contest with Trump for my vote.
And do a better job, if elected!
List what you think were the three greatest achievements of Trump's presidency. Cutting taxes for the rich, of course, but what, if any, were the next three?
I wonder, did he get the Mexicans to pay for those tax cuts? If not, who's paying?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Pogo

It must be wonderful for you to be omniscient like that.

“It was God alone who prevented the unthinkable from happening” ~ Donald Trump commenting about the attempt on his life.
Maybe in that no rational person ever thought god had anything to do with it only the unthinking.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Also to continue financial & military aid to Israel's campaign of death & destruction.
Also in continue Arab nation pourin ais into the conflict for many years and endorsing Islam world terrorism, and ethnic cleansing of minorities in Islamic nations. Both Israel and Arab nations have restrictions on other religions.
And I'd expect US military assets (eg, carriers) to being increasingly used.

It's not been that policy yet.
Yes it is and has always been, Isaral is in control.
Their "encouragement" has been all talk & no stick.
There is no possible "stick" in the conflict. Israel will not negociate. The goal of both sides is to exterminate the other. There are no angels here.
Mother ******* religion.
Both Islam and Judaism are involved. Islam has been involved in world terrorism and brutal ethnic cleansing of other religions,
That appears to be the aim of Israel & Zionists.
It is in their constitution and law. Islamic countries have similar restrictions including brutal ethnic cleansing.
I disagree.
Needs explanation. In terms of weapons Israel is very wealthy and can buy anything it wants on the world market,

Pogo

What did Trump actually lie about today? False accusations have consequences.

Trump stokes fear about migrants driving up crime rate, despite data debunking that

Ok, it was yesterday, we will need a few more hours for the news to catch up.

But he had a stock built up from his "news conference".

162 lies and distortions in a news conference. NPR fact-checks former President Trump

AUGUST 11, 20247:00 AM ET

162 in one day gets him credit for a few days of silence.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I don't think so.
Your thinking represents extreme bias, and a dodge. You did not respond to the problem cited.