• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is having sex without a relationship aka a one time thing a Morally wrong thing and if so why ?

Massimo2002

I know that some may be offended by this sexual question but a lot of people have sex without a relationship with a stranger and I am wondering what this would mean morally if it means anything morally.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I know that some may be offended by this sexual question but a lot of people have sex without a relationship with a stranger and I am wondering what this would mean morally if it means anything morally.
The question is thoughtlessly or intentionally vague.

Cheating on a partner is dishonest.
Having sex with a non-consenting stranger is abuse.
Having sex with a stranger whose consent is meaningless die to age or mental disability is abuse.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you mean by "relationship" exactly?

Personally, I'm not seeing how to humans can fornicate without a relationship. Whenever two humans interact with each other in any way, they are in some sort of relationship with one another. Beyond that, whenever two beings of any kind interact with each other in any way, that's a relationship - a connection. That's all a relationship is - a connection, an interaction.

So what kind of relationship? A lifelong mating partnership? Fornication buddies? Emotionally deep and substantive? Superficial and passing? Abuser and victim?

Massimo2002

The question is thoughtlessly or intentionally vague.

Cheating on a partner is dishonest.
Having sex with a non-consenting stranger is abuse.
Having sex with a stranger whose consent is meaningless die to age or mental disability is abuse.
I didn't mean it to be veauge but since you are wanting it to be more specific let's say that the two people were both consenting and were not already in a relationship or married would it still be wrong then ?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am a Christian and I believe that sex outside of marriage is morally wrong. That being said, I don't believe I should be able to force my beliefs on someone else, especially politically, so though I don't personally have sex outside of marriage, I believe that any actions between consenting adults (who are able to consent, of course) should be legal.

Massimo2002

What do you mean by "relationship" exactly?

Personally, I'm not seeing how to humans can fornicate without a relationship. Whenever two humans interact with each other in any way, they are in some sort of relationship with one another. Beyond that, whenever two beings of any kind interact with each other in any way, that's a relationship - a connection. That's all a relationship is - a connection, an interaction.

So what kind of relationship? A lifelong mating partnership? Fornication buddies? Emotionally deep and substantive? Superficial and passing? Abuser and victim?
I said it in the post and I will say it again since you don't understand I am mostly talking about fornication buddys and one night stands. Not an actual intimate emotional relationship.