• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it OK to question other people's beliefs?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
4316 minus 2000 equals 2316 minus another 2000 because I think real history goes back that far equals 316 years for mankind to think about their travel to the U.S.A. The MATH has to be wrong! Oh. no U.S.A? Hm that would be a surprise development for sure. That is why I never fear for my life.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I realize my math is wrong. But the real math really does not allow for the migration of peoples and the establishment of nations on the other side of the world from Noah' side. There was not enough time. Maybe satan gets to fool with time.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Know why what? In U.S.A. schools we do not learn much. That's me!

I suppose it does not matter much as the end is always tomorrow.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Look up errors in carbon dating.

This is what the research of some scientist say that the higher the date the more likely it is inaccurate.
Like saying something is 30,000 years old and something is 4000 years old the 30,000 has the possibility to be very wrong.
Scientist have said some rocks to be millions of years old, just to find out it was only a few thousand.
That's why we don't use carbon dating for things past its natural half-life. This is what creationists consistently fail to mention and how I know creationists are only circulating among their own echo chamber and not looking at actual science. What they're doing is essentially saying all tools are wrong because this alan wrench doesn't fit this bolt, even though there is other wrenches which do.
Radiocarbon 14 is used for archaeologists, not paleontologists, which use mother isotopes which stay stable at a much longer half-life, such as Potassium, Uranium and Thorium radiometric dating, some of which have stable half-lives of BILLIONS of years.

anonymous9887

bible reader
That's why we don't use carbon dating for things past its natural half-life. This is what creationists consistently fail to mention and how I know creationists are only circulating among their own echo chamber and not looking at actual science. What they're doing is essentially saying all tools are wrong because this alan wrench doesn't fit this bolt, even though there is other wrenches which do.
Radiocarbon 14 is used for archaeologists, not paleontologists, which use mother isotopes which stay stable at a much longer half-life, such as Potassium, Uranium and Thorium radiometric dating, some of which have stable half-lives of BILLIONS of years.
Again I am not against the world being millions of years. I just say humans have been around for 6000 years.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Oh ok. I'm glad you realize that you will not be able to hold your own when it comes to dating methods.
It is not that but we do not have expertise on dating methods. There are people who have. You too, have not researched all things on your own. You too, depend on the opinion of others who have researched the subject.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geochronology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeology#Methods
Again I am not against the world being millions of years. I just say humans have been around for 6000 years.
You don't say much there. Every one will agree to that. Science says humans have been around for more than 150,000 years. :D

Last edited:

anonymous9887

bible reader
It is not that but we do not have expertise on dating methods. There are people who have. You too, have not researched all things on your own. You too, depend on the opinion of others who have researched the subject.
I agree, but we have to look at both positions in all fairness, because we have scientist that believe in the bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree, but we have to look at both positions in all fairness, because we have scientist that believe in the bible.
I believe in the Bible. Most people who debate it believe in it, I suppose. There is a difference between believing in it and believing it is a perfect map. It is not a perfect map.