• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it OK to question other people's beliefs?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Is it a fact that a person will be judged on how he or she has obeyed Christ's commands? Tell me, how many disciples have YOU made? And for whom will you be making them?
I make disciples for Jehovah. I speak gods word whenever possible every chance I get. Let's face it many people would not know about the name jehovah if it wasn't for us.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I make disciples for Jehovah. I speak gods word whenever possible every chance I get. Let's face it many people would not know about the name jehovah if it wasn't for us.
Why do you say your religion is unknown? Are you ashamed of something or other?

Are you not interesting in what lie I caught you in?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, it depends entirely on the nature of the questions being asked and the probable motives of the person asking. Asking questions is an integral part of active listening, and if that's what is going on, I have no problem with it. Such questions are about facilitating mutual understanding, so various points of view are correctly comprehended. If, however, the questions are not done with the intent of mutual understanding but to undermine the other person, I have little interest in indulging that. Basically, I enjoy respectful dialogues and do not enjoy verbal warfare.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think many, many people know about The Mighty God Who Is Righteous. But your god does not think that is enough.

People I talk to :eek: know about Mighty God and Jesus Christ.....before I ever say anything. They also believe in reasonableness.

anonymous9887

bible reader
God does it. No? Why not?
If
Why do you say your religion is unknown? Are you ashamed of something or other?

Are you not interesting in what lie I caught you in?
Sure. You caught me in a lie.
I personally think you have a huge problem with your interpretation of things. There are not many things you say that carry weight or something that really is an ah ha moment unfortunately.
You do lack in interpretation unfortunately.

David1967

Premium Member
Aah. My thoughts are based on my experiences with religious minorities and non christian majorities who I know. For example, the Church gets bashed a lot but no one who considers the Church the mark of Satan ever sees that Catholic's relationship with Christ. Same as terrorist and Muslim. Same as my experiences with my JW friends and people looking down on them.

I always have respect for people and their faith even though I don't care for the faith itself as a moral means of living for myself; that doesn't mean everyone else cant value from them.

Respect. Equality. Non bias views.

Good for you Carlita! Common respect for others, even when they hold a different view than we do is a much needed thing today. Bravo!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If

Sure. You caught me in a lie.
I personally think you have a huge problem with your interpretation of things. There are not many things you say that carry weight or something that really is an ah ha moment unfortunately.
You do lack in interpretation unfortunately.
What does if mean?

Interpret this: Few find the narrow gate and crowded way but Jehovah's Witnesses , if they could, would put EVERYONE on it.

anonymous9887

bible reader
What does if mean?

Interpret this: Few find the narrow gate and crowded way but Jehovah's Witnesses , if they could, would put EVERYONE on it.
Sorry that was from a previous message I was starting.
Ok no problem like I said keep on twisting the scripture to your own destruction.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Paul Chavez I have evidence you twist your OWN words. Did you not post that you cannot talk to be because you are married? Or did you say, if you are married, and you are not? :confused: