• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Time To Consider The Commandment "Be Fruitful And Multiply" Fulfilled?

Photonic

Ad astra!
by asking you for an argument? how is that getting in the way? how are you trying to fix anything? by being smug and facetious and fallacious? hahahaha.

to just saying "time to get off this stupid rock", in a debate that was after all a question to religious people, that's your idea of working on the problem? LMAO.

haha?!? you're not a logician though, or you would know how hilarious that appeal to authority is. if you got the above, post it. otherwise, lol.

to refute your appeal to authority? you still think you have anything, don't you.

Adorable.

Not to mention it was a joke, or is the pole that far up?

Question, is it an appeal to authority if you have the knowledge in your head?

I think not.

not nom

Adorable.

Not to mention it was a joke, or is the pole that far up?

no, it's just that the star trek crowd is so stubborn ^^

when your joke got shot down, people got all up in arms, remember? hahaha.

Question, is it an appeal to authority if you have the knowledge in your head?

I think not.

then you don't know what an appeal to authority is, and alluding to arguments instead of actually making them ^^

not nom

Did you miss all my other posts? I couldn't agree with you more. Space is NOT the answer to our problems, mostly due to time.

okay sorry for that, but considering the general naivity in this thread, I'm not taking chances anymore sorry :D

The post you quoted was merely pointing out that we have an entire solar system of resources to explore before needing to look outside of the solar system for viable planets.

well yeah, it's not as if I disagree with that in principle. but it shouldn't be opium for the masses ^^

I still say that nature will eventually regain its balance, probably through pandemic or war. Possibly through climate change itself. As the planet warms and the northern lands become more livable there will be more places for humans to settle. Look at Canada and Siberia; lots of space.

I'm not so much worried about earth or live on it... sure, if there is life just on earth, then humanity really shouldn't **** up IMHO. but if there is life elsewhere, I'd say, "knock yourself out", literally. not that I'm for it, but I'd also kinda shrug. but that also means, as long as we don't know, we kinda have to assume we're "the grown ups" around. and we're hardly grown ups.

suffering sucks, and causing it or being accomplice to it, sucks as well. that's the problem for me, not "mother nature" as it were... mother nature flings galaxies into each other just for fun, let's have some perspective ^^

Last edited:

Photonic

Ad astra!
no, it's just that the star trek crowd is so stubborn ^^

when your joke got shot down, people got all up in arms, remember? hahaha.

then you don't know what an appeal to authority is, and alluding to arguments instead of actually making them ^^

So your claim is that I'm not a legitimate expert on the topic.

Kindly point out the profession that is more suited to it than a physicist.

Please, by all means.

CynthiaCypher

Where are we to get the raw resources to terraform the moon when our resources are in jeopardy on this planet?

And if you want to talk about having generational spaceship like in BG, then you have to factor in that child-bearing is impossible in micro-gravity

Photonic

Ad astra!
Where are we to get the raw resources to terraform the moon when our resources are in jeopardy on this planet?

And if you want to talk about having generational spaceship like in BG, then you have to factor in that child-bearing is impossible in micro-gravity

:facepalm:

Gravity is easy to simulate, it's just downward acceleration.

Spin to win.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Asteroids are usually assumed to be the mecca of untapped resources. Assuming, of course, we can find an efficient way to mine them and retrieve the raw materials.

CynthiaCypher said:
Huh. Why is child-bearing impossible in micro-gravity?

Also, I'd assume any long-term habitation for humans would require artificial gravity.

not nom

:facepalm:

Gravity is easy to simulate, it's just downward acceleration.

Spin to win.

how do you suggest to spin the moon though? oh that's right, moon colonies may not be the ticket just yet.

and gravity isn't the problem, a biosphere is.

not to mention building such a thing, I guess we'd first have to build factories in space.

Photonic

Ad astra!
Asteroids are usually assumed to be the mecca of untapped resources. Assuming, of course, we can find an efficient way to mine them and retrieve the raw materials.

Huh. Why is child-bearing impossible in micro-gravity?

Also, I'd assume any long-term habitation for humans would require artificial gravity.

She seems to be assuming that all my arguments are being ripped from science fiction, so she is using science fiction to support her arguments.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Is there some scientific evidence you have that I don't that says it's impossible?
I don't think not nom has ever claimed that it is impossible, just that it is unlikely, and particularly, that it is unlikely to happen within the time frame required.

(Feel free to correct me, not nom, if you do indeed think it's impossible.)

Photonic

Ad astra!
how do you suggest to spin the moon though? oh that's right, moon colonies may not be the ticket just yet.

and gravity isn't the problem, a biosphere is.

not to mention building such a thing, I guess we'd first have to build factories in space.

Good thing they are growing planets in space right now, as we speak.

At this VERY MOMENT.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I don't buy it, although I thought Battlestar Gallactica was the fracking bomb! Humanity can adapt to anything and how is living in a space station any different that most downtown condos? Folks from the country don't know how city folks live in such a mess, and we dirt dweller don't know how those spacers can deal with never seeing a sunset.

Nor is it a long term plan, does humanity even have one? We like to think our plans are long term but looking back at history shows they are constantly changing and never remain on track.
grumbles

But you're probably right. It would be hardest for the first generation, knowing what a planet was like. I could see the concept of a planet persisting in mythology, as something deliciously wonderful, yet unobtainable, perhaps resulting in "fountain of youth" sorts of explorations in the far, far future.

Also, Battlestar rocked my socks. :D

not nom

She seems to be assuming that all my arguments are being ripped from science fiction, so she is using science fiction to support her arguments.

when I actually took you up on your "arguments", you said it was just a joke and I was uptight for taking you seriously.

again, how are you trying to help here, how am I getting in the way? it's a joke alright, but not in the way you think.

not nom

You could have mentioned that, but you CHOSE to specifically mention Battlestar Galactica as your source. That's your own damn fault.

oh, and where do you think battlestar galactica has it from? reality, perchance?

your line of reasoning is pure play-doh.

Photonic

Ad astra!
when I actually took you up on your "arguments", you said it was just a joke and I was uptight for taking you seriously.

again, how are you trying to help here, how am I getting in the way? it's a joke alright, but not in the way you think.

"Time to get off this damn rock" was the joke.

The only joke after that was your arguments.

Photonic

Ad astra!
oh, and where do you think battlestar galactica has it from? reality, perchance?

your line of reasoning is pure play-doh.

So science fiction is now reality to you?

Funny, it wasn't earlier. Do continue to provide me with inconsistencies.

not nom

Good thing they are growing planets in space right now, as we speak.

At this VERY MOMENT.

who are "they"? are you on crack? caps don't make up for just throwing out bald assertions. is that just some more "believe me I'm a physicist" comedy? if you want to use that as an argument, post your credentials.... even then it's not an argument. but it might be funny in the meantime ^^

Photonic

Ad astra!
who are "they"? are you on crack? caps don't make up for just throwing out bald assertions. is that just some more "believe me I'm a physicist" comedy? if you want to use that as an argument, post your credentials.... even then it's not an argument. but it might be funny in the meantime ^^

Dear God but you are dense.