• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Time To Consider The Commandment "Be Fruitful And Multiply" Fulfilled?

not nom

Loving your neighbor as yourself?

that just means people are friendly while we cut off the branch they are sitting on.

As for ecological catastrophies, I hear there might be a really large meteor approaching earth. Now THAT could really cause a problem.

imagine someone you love is hurt, or in danger, they ask you for help, and you say "ohh, imagine if a PLANE fell on your head! now THAT would suck!". they would think you are either unloving or crazy.

so again, not impressed by the reasoning of the optimists. not at all.

CynthiaCypher

Loving your neighbor as yourself?

As for ecological catastrophies, I hear there might be a really large meteor approaching earth. Now THAT could really cause a problem.

Just remember what the Bible said:
It is time to destroy all who have caused destruction on the earth.

You might find yourself on the wrong side of God's judgement if your attitude about this earth don't match with Gods

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
that just means people are friendly while we cut off the branch they are sitting on.

imagine someone you love is hurt, or in danger, they ask you for help, and you say "ohh, imagine if a PLANE fell on your head! now THAT would suck!". they would think you are either unloving or crazy.

so again, not impressed by the reasoning of the optimists. not at all.
Yet you wish to ignore that there are 7 billion people ALIVE today. It was said that was impossible when there were only 3 billion. Why should I believe you now.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Just remember what the Bible said:
It is time to destroy all who have caused destruction on the earth.

You might find yourself on the wrong side of God's judgement if your attitude about this earth don't match with Gods
I sure God will find a host of other problems with me as well.

not nom

Religion: Confusedianism

yeah, that's mostly a word play, because while I do believe god exists, and that jesus is important, I otherwise pretty much find all religions equally transparent and faulty. especially their dogmatic followers.

that doesn't mean I am "confused" simply because I called it selfish to imply that having kids is nice, so that's all you need to know.

and "put the others into hell, I don't care", IS the most extreme height of selfishness. and it's very, very old. so that's why I made that statement ^^

not nom

Yet you wish to ignore that there are 7 billion people ALIVE today. It was said that was impossible when there were only 3 billion. Why should I believe you now.

who said that's impossible, and warned of resource depletion, when there was 3 billion? did you just make that up?

CynthiaCypher

Being fruitful and multipying will not be one of them. I've never coveted my neighbor's ox either.:run:

You have to remember that one of God's precepts is to let the earth rest and right now we aren't doing that with increased development, increasing population growth and increasing the demand on the food supply. In short we are destroying the earth

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I can....and have, provided stacks of different sources of information that indicate we are in big trouble right now, and bandaid solutions aren't going to keep the status quo going much longer. What do you have to justify your faith that this is a minor problem, similar to the Great Depression?

Who said it was a minor problem? Of course we can't keep the status quo much longer, hence the fact that we have to fix the problems. The point is that our problems are fixable. There are always problems we have to overcome. I don't think there's any reason to pretend the problems we face right now are too much to overcome.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
no, but you said that article indicates anything. and it really doesn't. it's like when the doctor says "you should stop smoking or you will die", and you come home and say "the doctor said it's probable I will stop smoking".

No, it's more like I came home in that case and said "It's possible for me to stop smoking".

from an earlier post of you:

The fact is it's likely we'll have the technology to start building things on places like the moon relatively soon (within 100-200 years, most likely).

I would never deny that, or more. certainly not when talking about "ever". but "building things on the moon", and having an alternative for earth, that is (pardon the pun), worlds apart!

it is much more feasible to get off oil, or to tackle overpopulation, or food or even clean water, in hundred years, than building stuff off earth in any meaningful capacity... much less biospheres of any depth to them!

you see, yeah, earth had an asteroid impact. the dinosaurs died. but life didn't die. try a medium catastrophy at a "colony"? *poof*, gone. so how is that any help?

I see, so you're arguing that it's useless to expand off of Earth because it won't work. It is a huge challenge and will take a lot of work, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I also don't see why we can't try to fix problems here while working on expanding into space.

not nom

oh, but by the way, up to two kids per couple isn't even multiplying. it would lead to a decrease, because not all of these kids would have kids themselves.

if EVERYBODY would do it, would you be okay with nobody having more than two kids from now on, unless we found a sustainable way to be?

do people really, really have to have 5 or 10 kids? seriously?

Trey of Diamonds

You have to remember that one of God's precepts is to let the earth rest and right now we aren't doing that with increased development, increasing population growth and increasing the demand on the food supply. In short we are destroying the earth

No we aren't, we are using up resources that we ourselves are dependant on. The worst that can happen is we make the planet unlivable for ourselves. The planet itself will motor on quite happily and mother nature will correct any imbalances we may have wrought, no matter if it takes 10 years or 10 thousand years or even 10 million years. All the nuclear bombs on the planet couldn't completely eradicate life on Earth. There's plenty of life percolating around volcanic vents in the ocean to repopulate the Earth after we're gone.

So when arguing about the environment remember that its our survival you are fighting for, not the Earths.