• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the hijab unnecessary?

does wearing a haijb have a purpose?
or is it just a fasion fad that lasted a bit longer then others

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
does wearing a haijb have a purpose?
or is it just a fasion fad that lasted a bit longer then others
From what I understand it's to keep modest. Something to ware that not reviling and show off ones body. And also if I remember right it was a Fashion fad that was around even before Islam came along. A cultural thing not a religious one.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
From what I understand it's to keep modest. Something to ware that not reviling and show off ones body. And also if I remember right it was a Fashion fad that was around even before Islam came along. A cultural thing not a religious one.
Seems to me that it started as a cultural thing, but then the koran turned it into a religious thing.

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Is the hijab unnecessary
For sure Hijab is necessary for every Muslim women, as it is the command of Allah SWT:

The Holy Qur'an [24:31] "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss."

I have a few points to make about this. Hijab as a political icon shows the intent of muslims to prevent integration in a western country.
We are all for coexistence in any western country, but coexistence not DISSOLVING.

However, they expect our women to wear hijab when we visit their country.

I think you mean we expect your women to wear modesty at least and to respect the country's rules.

I would in fact argue that Muslim women are deceived by the males in Islam.
You think that we (Muslim women) don't have the ability of making our decisions by ourselves...Actually I see no one is oppressing us except those who are claiming that we are oppressed, and have no right to DECIDE as everyone does.

I see the hijab as oppressive to women who dress beautifully in private.
Yes, it is oppressive because males in streets will not be able to satisfy their desires. :sarcastic

I believe the men of Islam should cut women some slack, rather than being so possessive of their wifes (despite the likes of Peace who maintain that they do have rights in theory).

One final point, from personal experience, I find the mysterious nature of a woman in hijab very attractive. I am sure many others also find mysterious women attractive. Maybe not... I do not see hijab as fulfilling the purpose it was designed for.

For Muslim men they HAVE to lower thier gaze, so as not to be attracted :)

The Holy Qur'an [24:30] " Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do."

The gesture of only showing yourself to one person offered by the hijab and niqab is a gesture that many people (not including myself) don't respect today.
What?! I don't understand that "One Person" thing.

It seems rather outdated to be relevant in the 21st century.
In 21st century, people should take off their clothes.. That's how civilized people think. :sarcastic

Sahar

For sure Hijab is necessary for every Muslim women, as it is the command of Allah SWT:

The Holy Qur'an [24:31] "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss."

We are all for coexistence in any western country, but coexistence not DISSOLVING.

I think you mean we expect your women to wear modesty at least and to respect the country's rules.

You think that we (Muslim women) don't have the ability of making our decisions by ourselves...Actually I see no one is oppressing us except those who are claiming that we are oppressed, and have no right to DECIDE as everyone does.

Yes, it is oppressive because males in streets will not be able to satisfy their desires. :sarcastic

For Muslim men they HAVE to lower thier gaze, so as not to be attracted :)

The Holy Qur'an [24:30] " Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do."

What?! I don't understand that "One Person" thing.

In 21st century, people should take off their clothes.. That's how civilized people think. :sarcastic
Well said sweet Sajdah.
clap2.gif

Panda

42?
Premium Member
If Muslim countries try to make western woman to wear a hijab in their countries why isn't it acceptable for western countries to try to make a woman not wear them?
Seems like a double standard to me :S

.lava

Veteran Member
If Muslim countries try to make western woman to wear a hijab in their countries why isn't it acceptable for western countries to try to make a woman not wear them?

good point.

Sahar

Because you're the free world. ;)
Actually most Muslim countries don't make Western women wear hijab. In many of them, they walk topless on their beaches. :eek:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Are you implying that Muslim men are too weak and feeble to act as gentlemen and practice respect and restraint, and that a piece of cloth magically prevents them from acting like beasts?
Why don't we have such problems in the west where women don't wear the hijab?

Sahar

Are you implying that Muslim men are too weak and feeble to act as gentlemen and practice respect and restraint, and that a piece of cloth magically prevents them from acting like beasts?
Why don't we have such problems in the west where women don't wear the hijab?
What problems?! :rolleyes: