• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the hijab unnecessary?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
good point.

I have no problems with woman who choose to wear them, my problem is with laws that force it.

Because you're the free world. ;)
Actually most Muslim countries don't make Western women wear hijab. In many of them, they walk topless on their beaches. :eek:

Topless or nude beaches are quite common in places like Spain and other Mediterranean countries. I am under the impression Saudi Arabia forced woman to wear them, though I am aware this is probably the exception to the rule.

Sahar

I have no problems with woman who choose to wear them, my problem is with laws that force it.

Topless or nude beaches are quite common in places like Spain and other Mediterranean countries. I am under the impression Saudi Arabia forced woman to wear them, though I am aware this is probably the exception to the rule.
C'mon, Saudi Arabia is not a part of the free world!! France is! :cool: :rolleyes:

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Are you implying that Muslim men are too weak and feeble to act as gentlemen and practice respect and restraint, and that a piece of cloth magically prevents them from acting like beasts?

In fact I was implying that Men in general have no right to force us to wear the way which pleases them, the way that satisfy their desires. So your point is irrelevant.

Why don't we have such problems in the west where women don't wear the hijab?
Ah, you have no problem in the west?! :sarcastic

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

And no one forces women to visit or even strip down at nude beaches (where men are just as equally unclothed), so it was a silly comparison for them to make.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
And no one forces women to visit or even strip down at nude beaches (where men are just as equally unclothed), so it was a silly comparison for them to make.

I didn't think it was a comparison but merely a point showing that western woman aren't forced to wear the hijab and if anything they do the complete opposite and go topless.

Sahar

I didn't think it was a comparison but merely a point showing that western woman aren't forced to wear the hijab and if anything they do the complete opposite and go topless.
I think FH is not in his best conditions. :flirt:

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Actually to add another point to what I said earlier I think in certain places like a bank they should have to remove the face covering. I don't see that as discrimination as banks around here don't let you wear anything that covers your face. I guess I am saying there should be no special rules. If no face coverings are allowed then that should be the rule, regardless of if it is religious dress or not.

Sahar

Actually to add another point to what I said earlier I think in certain places like a bank they should have to remove the face covering. I don't see that as discrimination as banks around here don't let you wear anything that covers your face. I guess I am saying there should be no special rules. If no face coverings are allowed then that should be the rule, regardless of if it is religious dress or not.
I personally don't disagree. But I think our friends here are talking about hijab and niqab in general.

.lava

Veteran Member
If you had no Knowledge of Islam would you wear a Hijab,i know a Women who does wear one out of choice and her Sister does'nt,i just wondered ,if,given the choice you would wear one.

you know i live in Turkey and here you can not even get into schools if you are wearing one.

my answer is yes. i would not approve people being forced to do thing or not to do things. it is a personal matter between God and individual.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
you know i live in Turkey and here you can not even get into schools if you are wearing one.

my answer is yes. i would not approve people being forced to do thing or not to do things. it is a personal matter between God and individual.

I agree totally,if thats what you want then its cool,i will say something though,the Hijab can make you more attractive,i had a client and she wore the Hijab and even though her hair was covered she was still very attractive,gorgeous big brown eyes.

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.

I just want to say that, even the country that decided to ban Niqab never claimed that it was for security reasons, but because they see women in Niqab are "oppressed".... And this is untrue.

.lava

Veteran Member
I agree totally,if thats what you want then its cool,i will say something though,the Hijab can make you more attractive,i had a client and she wore the Hijab and even though her hair was covered she was still very attractive,gorgeous big brown eyes.

that's possible but i am not sure if i would call it attraction. i believe there is a difference between beauty and sexual attraction. attraction usually focuses on certain parts of body, not face IMO.

Sahar

Seems to me that it started as a cultural thing, but then the koran turned it into a religious thing.
In pre-Islam Arabia, women used to show parts of their breasts, and their legs up to their thighs, so the teaching of the Qur'an on this was opposite to the norms then. And like it was narrated; when the believer women knew of the hijab verse then, they hurried to veil themselves.

.lava

Veteran Member
In pre-Islam Arabia, women used to show parts of their breasts, and their legs up to their thighs, so the teaching of the Qur'an on this was opposite to the norms then. And like it was narrated; when the believer women knew of the hijab verse then, they hurried to cover themselves.

if i am not mistaken command of modesty exist in all books, not just Qur'an. for some reason Western societies limited it with nuns alone.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
if i am not mistaken command of modesty exist in all books, not just Qur'an. for some reason Western societies limited it with nuns alone.

Or just a different idea of what modesty is? A woman wearing shorts and a t-shirt seems perfectly modest to me.